Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

FINALLY!!! New Tires, Rotors and Springs.

Well guys... I enjoyed these forums for several years. I just sold my 2003 Explorer, and picked up a 2009 Lincoln Navigator. Loved the EX though... sad to see the changes Ford has made to the Explorer over the years. Just another bubble crossover on the road today.
  2. K

Synthetics

Amsoil 0w20 for Me... combined with an Amsoil wick filter. Also switched in Amsoil for my diff. fluids as well. Motorcraft plugs.
  3. K

!!**Updates for Ellie the Explorer

Slight improvement with the wheel/tire combo... I KID! HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Looks awesome! Nice Choice.
  4. K

3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D

coilsprings.com
  5. K

just ordered rims and tires

Looks GREAT! Perfect tire/rim combo!
  6. K

Treadwright Muds

Post pics when they are mounted!
  7. K

Anyone herculiner the whole stinkin' thing?

I did Herculiner on all my gray plastics... and it turned out GREAT! Make sure you use UV Topcoat Protectant... or you will be driving around a gray truck in no time! Good Luck!
  8. K

how many miles for stock tires?

They are 265/75/16 My fiance is sitting beside me and she just said, "they are not that loud." I love em'!!!
  9. K

They have 45,000 km's, and have a ton of tread left on them! They still look great and I still get looks at stop lights!
  10. K

I have BFG Mud Terrains and love them... to me they are quiet as a mouse. When passengers get in the car... they don't agree with me on the quietness!!!
  11. K

So tinting tail lights is harder than I thought.

The Nite-Shades turned out great in my opinion... Was expecting much worse based on your description! I would keep em'!
  12. K

i want a 6ich lift what can i do?

I'll buy you a set... If you install mine.
  13. K

Just got my spacers today.

If the tires are 265/765/16's they will fit no problem. I have an MT tread pattern and have never had issues with rubbing in the rear and 2.25" is plenty in the front to clear that size.
  14. K

Muddies for 02 XLT?

I am running 265/75/16 BFG Mud-Terrains on my 2003 X and have loved them so far. They have about 40,000km's on them so far and still have lots of tread left. Great purchase and highly recommended, just make sure to rotate frequently!
  15. K

Snorkel

Search old posts by "JCUZ" I believe he did the snorkel mod. Here's how it looked:http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254897
  16. K

Synthetic switch

Exactly what I do.... but I ain't that confident... I do it 2x a year!
  17. K

Suggestion for tires?

I run 265/75/16 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrains and I absolutely love them... just rotate and balance regularly (10,000km's) and they will last a long time and perform very well!
  18. K

used tires, new rims, any ideas?

Yes. Some places even mount and balance for free!
  19. K

Didn't like it at first, but..

1st Generation and 3rd Generation are by far the nicest.
  20. K

need tires on a budget

Perhaps check out treadwright tires... they have received decent reviews on here. You can get a pretty aggressive tread design for reasonable $$$
  21. K

Suggestion for Aftermarket Addition to my explorer's exterior

Remove Running Boards... 2.5" Spacer Lift... Larger tires (MT's or AT's)! Keep it simple and looks great.
  22. K

My ex going through changes

Nice Trucks Boys!!! Repping EX's well!
  23. K

17's or 16's

I prefer the look of more rubber and less rim on any vehicle riding on AT's or MT's.
Back