Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N2FORD

Another dead 4.0

My old 05 ST Adrenalin that my 80 year old father in law bought from me years ago had a catastrophic engine failure. He really likes the truck and we have been fixing it as things go bad. There have been several things over the last few years. We did timing chains a couple of years ago with all...
  2. N2FORD

2005 ST random misfire, help!

My father in laws 05 Adrenalin has a misfire. When I first got it from him I was getting a P0303. What is odd about it is that it only does it for about 10 seconds on a 20 mile drive. The CEL will flash but not set except one time. I tried plugs first, the only difference seemed to be the P0303...
  3. N2FORD

Running boards rock sliders

Over the years I have bent and ruined several sets of side steps and brackets off roading. I have looked at several rock sliders but did not really like them. I decided to try and come up with something on my own. After thinking about what I needed I wanted something smooth on the bottom and...
  4. N2FORD

99 Ranger stall and no start***fixed***

I have searched here and google and nothing that seems match my symptoms. My son's 99 3.0 Ranger wouldn't start earlier today then did. When he got home he was backing into the driveway and it stalled. He said lots of lights came on the dash. When I got to it the truck cranked but no start. I...
  5. N2FORD

2001 Fuel pump bad, newer tank? Fixed

My 2001 ST quit on me yesterday, driving down the highway about 50 mph. Engine just stopped running, I coasted to a stop and it restarted it. It ran about 2 minutes and quit again. Would not restart this time and has not since. I suspected fuel pump as I have seen the threads about them going...
  6. N2FORD

Sport Trac bed trailer project

I have been working on a winter project. Back story is I ended up with a complete ST bed a few years ago. Almost sold part of it to Koda a few years back for his ST. I had several different ideas for it but finally decided to build a trailer. I found a old trailer on CL, friend gave me a tool...
  7. N2FORD

Gear issue in 8.8 with heavy duty rear cover

Sorry in advance for the long story. I have a 01 Sport Trac with a 8.8 4.10 trac loc. The pinion bearing had gone bad, lots of noise and movement. I decided to try and find a good used one. Found one at the pull a part near me and it seemed really good and tight with no leaks. I put it in about...
  8. N2FORD

N2FORD's new project with issues

I know it's not a Sport Trac but it's close and this is the main section I hang out in. It's closer to a ST than the 02 Explorer's. Anyway I got an 02 Sport with 212k to replace the ST my son totaled back in August. It is a 4 wheel drive and I plan on doing a small lift and fixing the issues it...
  9. N2FORD

ST vs Tundra

First off everyone is okay. My son's truck is totaled. My son turned left in front of the Tundra that hit him in the back side. Spoke with insurance and am working out the details. I think I will just let it go to the insurance company if I can get just a little more out of them. Once I pulled...
  10. N2FORD

Ford Show near Pigeon Forge, TN

I would like to see some Explorer's for a meet and greet in Townsend. I know there are several east Tennessee explorerforum members on here. The show is sponsored by Bronco driver magazine. Duff's is one of the vendor's and always has some nice rides. I have talked to them and Explorer's are...
  11. N2FORD

Ford V-10 in a Sport Trac

I went to pick my son's Sport Trac from having the engine replaced with a used one. There was a white ST in the parking lot and I asked about it. They said the mechanic that put the engine in my son's truck owned it. He said he put an engine in his awhile back. Except he put a V-10 in it from a...
  12. N2FORD

Mounty side mirror puddle lights on an Sport Trac

Well since I have the donor Mounty at the house I decided to take the mirrors off and try them on the ST. Both trucks go to have the V8 swap next weekend. It is not a easy direct swap as it required wiring which I am not done with yet and the trim areas don't match up perfect.
  13. N2FORD

Engine interchange

I have seached for awhile and can't find the answer to my questions. I have a 2001 ST job 2 and am planning on having a 5.0 swap done. I have found a 2001 Job 1 ST with a bad engine. I have read about the oil fill and oil filter being different. What else will I run into swapping the engine from...
  14. N2FORD

N2FORD is back in a Sport Trac.

Hey guys I have been absent for a little while in the ST section. I sold my white ST about 3 1/2 years ago. I went to a F150 and also had a V8 Mountaineer that I was building. I have since sold both of those and bought a 2001 ST a couple of months ago. This is my second ST and have also had 6...
  15. N2FORD

Sunroof only moves a little at a time?

Need a little help, the factory sunroof in my 99 Mounty only moves about an inch or two at a time. It just started this in the last few days. If you push the button it does not go all the way back and forth without repeatedly pushing the button. Any ideas???
  16. N2FORD

Sold the ST.

Well I priced my ST to a friend of a friend and he took me up on it. I have been looking for a F150 Supercrew FX4 for a while, this will make me look harder. I just wanted to say thansk to all for the advice, sharing of pictures and enjoyable threads. I have had an Explorer of some kind for...
  17. N2FORD

01 ST Idleing to high any thoughts?

01 ST Idleing to high any thoughts?UPDATE My 01 ST just starting idleing to high the other day after the ride home from work. On that ride home my A/C blew warm air for maybe a minute tops then went back working good. Now it wants to idle at 1500-1800 rpms after driving it on the highway...
  18. N2FORD

Windrock (east TN) ride

Went To Windrock near Oak Ridge TN today. Had a good time went with my boss (Toyota Landcruiser) and his nephew (Heep Cherokee). The Heep almost going on its side, winched him back up and he made it next try. Rear view Landcruiser coming the other way in the same hole...
  19. N2FORD

My ST at windrock today.

Went to Windrock today with a Heep Cherokee and a Toyota Landcruiser. Had a good time, going to post a thread of the other trucks in the Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion section.
  20. N2FORD

changed my wheels

I am trying a different look for a little while, also trying to save my 33's for winter and trail riding. Before:http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/100_0449.jpg After:http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/image.php?u=8447 The after pictures are gen 3 Explorer 17 inch...
  21. N2FORD

sway bar end link question

I was looking at sway bar end links and discovered they are basically gone. The bushings are all chewed up looking and both bolts are bent at the top. I searched and could not find the answers I was looking for. Is any one else having this problem? Is there a better end link kit than stock? I...
  22. N2FORD

driving light mods

Just completed a couple of mods that I wanted to share with my fellow STers. I realize some of this is discussed elsewhere in the forum. The first which is discussed in the performance lighting section was to have the driving lights stay on with the high beams. The relay for my job 1 2001...
  23. N2FORD

My ST

When I got it: Now: After a day at Windrock: If you clic on the pictures it will make them bigger.
  24. N2FORD

Edelbrock RPM mufflers

Edelbrock is closing out their mufflers, I just got one. It is really nice quality!! It will be a week or two before I get it put on though. Wanted to pass it along, thought others might want one. I am doing a 1 in 2 out for the dual exhaust look. Here is the link, make sure to look at the price...
  25. N2FORD

trailer hitch

Has anyone tried a hitch from a regular explorer on a sport trac? I have a guy at work with a 99 Ex 4dr that he will give me the hitch from it if I take it off. I have checked ridgid hitch and the part numbers are different but does not give any specs to why. Thansk for any help.
Back