Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Rancho Rs5000

Rancho I've had them for two years on my '99 XLT daily driver, and I like them. Smooth ride. I put Bilstein on my Ranger, though. Also very nice.
  2. V

Dtc p1151 and p1152

Fuel? Thanks Muhl, I think you are on to something. KOEO fuel pressure jumps to 60PSI, then slowly loses pressure down to 15PSI, then it holds. At idle, pressure goes to 65PSI and holds, but turn the key off and the system does not hold pressure. It immediately drops to 15PSI. OK, so...
  3. V

Dtc p1151 and p1152

Thanks Thanks for the replies. In the image above the o2 sensor voltages look to be switching correctly...note the scale shown on the graph is for fuel trim. If I put the scale to o2 it looks to be switching correctly...somewhere between .10 and .90, averaging around .45. I'm not an expert...
  4. V

Dtc p1151 and p1152

Thanks. Switched front and back sensors...now there is something I never thought of. I will double check that. However, based on the datalog (not shown) both front and rear sensors appear to be working correctly. I don't understand the comment about the o2 sensors not working though. They...
  5. V

Dtc p1151 and p1152

I'll try to ask the question a little differently. The problem: V8 Explorer CEL indicating both P1151 and P1152. One indicates lack of O2 sensor switching while indicating a lean condition, the other for a rich condition. What I know: 1. Running rich and lean simultaneously. Not...
  6. V

Dtc p1151 and p1152

Rebuilt '99 Explorer 5.0 in a '98 Ranger Supercab. TM headers, 1-inch spacer, true dual Flowmaster exhaust, Henson tune. I'm getting DTC P1151 AND P1152 at the same time. P1151 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2 P1152 Lack of Upstream Heated...
  7. V

Any guesses as to why my truck is "shuddering" on acceleration?

Shuddering Is it RPM specific? Do the obvious first. Check fluid level and shifter cable adjustment. I had a similar problem that went away after I readjusted the cable.
  8. V

Brake lights WTF

BPP Switch Actually, having the brake pedal position switch go out is pretty common. I'm not sure of the cost, but it's an easy DIY fix. I had the same propblem a couple months ago.
  9. V

Dealer Screwed me over! Need Help

Dealershit A car dealership will rip your head off, steal your wallet, kick you in the nuts and set you on fire just to make a buck. And lawyers make them look good. Keep it out of the court and threaten a mass internet media blitz exposing their reprehensible business practices. Also...
  10. V

? about my tune from henson

You must be kidding... James Henson may not be a god, but he is definitely a KING. Long live King James!!!
  11. V

99 Explorer hub assembly.

Exploded View Autozone's site has a good exploded view. Log on and search for wheel bearings, or PM me your email and I'll send you a PDF.
  12. V

Ticking 5.0

Looking for suggestions before I start tearing this motor down...again. '99 XLT 5.0 motor rebuilt and stuffed in a '98 Ranger SC. All new valve train to match the new cam (Comp 35-512-8). Everything else is new except the crank. Torque Monster headers, 1.6 Ford Racing roller rockers with tall...
  13. V

Turning Noise

Noise... Make sure your front tires are not hitting the brake fluid line when you turn. This can be a problem if you've made any changes to your front end...like bigger tires.
  14. V

No CATS, No Muffler, Dump at the Y – How Loud?

Loud? When I rebuilt my 5.0 I started it with only the headers attached. I was surprised it wasn't louder. My whiney neighbors didn't even complain.
  15. V

cam for (99)5.0 ex

E-303 99-5.0explorer, The only other thing I can tell you is that I went through the exact same thing you are early last year. I spoke with James Henson (Henson Performance) and he said the E-303 cam is not a good bet for the Explorer. It's been a good racing cam for years on the Mustang but...
  16. V

cam for (99)5.0 ex

You would be correct assuming you would get a "lopey-er" idle with a smaller LSA. I think 110 will get you there, though. That's what the LSA is on the E-303.
  17. V

cam for (99)5.0 ex

Mods Torque Monster headers. Cold air intake. Flowmaster true dual exhaust. Ford Racing roller rockers, 1.6. It sounds good, pretty loud but I don't think your going to get a lopey idle since the lobe separation is high on that cam...114 degrees.
  18. V

cam for (99)5.0 ex

Comp Cam I'm still breaking in my motor so I haven't really opened it up. But I can tell you the idle is smooth and it will smoke tires all day long. Of course, not all that power is coming the cam, but I'm pleased with the results.
  19. V

cam for (99)5.0 ex

E-303 It will work, but the consensus is that the letter cams are outdated and not a great choice for a heavy vehicle like an Explorer. If you're going to go through the trouble of switching cams, save up some coin and get a custom grind...it's probably only a couple hundred bucks more.
  20. V

cam for (99)5.0 ex

Explorer Cam Comp Cams will recommend p/n 35-512-8. I bought one from Summit and my 5.0 likes it, though I can't argue with the custom cam argument...my next one will be custom.
  21. V

plastic sound dampener on the rear hatch strike plate

What a POC! I think it's a pretty common problem. LMC Trucks has them. I think you need to buy the whole striker...about $25.
  22. V

Valvetrain Geometry

Good suggestion on the pedestal. I'll check that out. The roller tip is square, although the offset load is evident by the wear pattern. Thanks for your help.
  23. V

Valvetrain Geometry

This doesn't look good... Any thoughts on what's might be causing this? A little tough to see, but the wear mark is not symmetrical...triangular shaped, favoring the firewall side.
  24. V

Valvetrain Geometry

Valves, etc Thanks for the comments guys. It's an Explorer swap...hydraulic roller with pedestal rockers. No studs. I just did the #7 intake and the mark is centered but looks like it's favoring the firewall side. The mark itself is almost triangular. Almost like the pushrod wasn't centered...
  25. V

Valvetrain Geometry

Valve Deflection I just did the exhaust rocker and it looks pretty much the same. The valve roller seems to spin freely under load. I have to think it's the lighting and/or camera angle, since there is no perceptible depth to the "groove". I'm not sure how I would go about measuring valve...
Back