Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. gwar

Anyone into scenario?

Have always wanted to fit a couple of paintball guns under the grill, James Bond style, and have the balls filled with brake fluid. These would be reserved for the idiots who pull out with no warning, double or triple park during the school run, drive the wrong way down one way streets and then...
  2. gwar

Ford Fair Sliverstone 12th August

Good to see so many of you had a great day out. Unfortunately it's festie season, so I spend most weekends up to my axles in muddy fields around the country. A combination of mud and generators nearly killed my old beast this summer, but thx to Duncan fitting a fresh transmission I am back on...
  3. gwar

JUstin

Hi H, sorry to hear your going thru it at the moment. Hope things sort themselves out. Will have to do beers soon, it's been a while. G
  4. gwar

LPG conversion insurance - please read.

If you are going to convert to LPG make sure you get a multi point system. Installation is more but in the long run thru reliability and economy it's the sensible way to go.
  5. gwar

spotted

Hey guys. Not been on here for a while, but still got the Ex and she's running smooth. Hope everyone's been good in my abscence. If the blue one had roof rack and roof lights it was me.
  6. gwar

Firstly Hello, then radio replacement recommendations

Welcome to the forum I dropped a Pioneer DEH-P800BT into mine. This model gives a direct hook up to ipod with the ability to browse from the head unit. It's also bluetooth so doubles up as my handsfree carkit with a small dash mounted mic and utilizing the cars speakers. As already posted...
  7. gwar

Ford Fair email !

Hopefully i'll be able to make it this year, got so close last year then last minute work came in.
  8. gwar

Shipping question...

Have you looked into the cost of a shipping container rather than sending the car on its own? If you have other stuff you are taking with you it can all go together. Or if you dont have enough 'stuff' to fill the container could always look at splitting the volume with someone you trust. Don't...
  9. gwar

Cruise control Recall

To the best of my knowledge any recalls issued by ford for safety apply to us over on this side of the pond, emissions may be a different matter
  10. gwar

Cruise control Recall

I posted this a while back To check if your Ex or any other Ford has outstanding recalls on it go to http://www.genuineservice.com/genuin...ault?page=Home in the service tab click on recall notices and enter your VIN this should pull up any outstanding recalls When I went in to get recalls...
  11. gwar

Hud display!

Good here, off to Southampton next week, got the next part of sparks course to do. We'll have to go out for a beer when i get back.
  12. gwar

Hud display!

Which iphone you got? I've found the gps on the 3G to be somewhat flakey and not really worth much. 25 days left till i can upgrade to the 3GS thou.
  13. gwar

code readers

This reader will give the error codes, clear them and give real time info on your comp
  14. gwar

Newbie questions

I fitted a Cobra alarm on mine, this gives audible and visual confirmation of activation and deactivation. Don't know why Ford didnt include this on UK spec Ex's. The insurance company seemed to prefer the aftermarket system. It's so useful when trying to find the car in a multi storey, well...
  15. gwar

Spare wheel

By the letter of the law you are not obliged to carry a spare in the UK, cars such as the 'smart car' don't have one, though if you do carry one it has to to be 'legal'. For local trips I tend to leave my spare at home. I have yet to see a swing out system for the rear that some other 4x4's...
  16. gwar

any one had hard time getting lpg in the explorer ?

It could be the pressure that the pumps are dispensing at. They are usually calibrated for volume at 17c though ask most attendants when the pumps were last calibrated and what they are corrected to, they will just look at you blankly. I was filling up down here, from empty, for a couple of...
  17. gwar

Ford recall

To check if your Ex or any other Ford has outstanding recalls on it go to http://www.genuineservice.com/genuin...ault?page=Home in the service tab click on recall notices and enter your VIN thi should pull up any outstanding recalls
  18. gwar

ex on the road

That's probably a single point system. Needs to be properly looked after, the early ones tended to cause a lot of backfire issues. The multi point are better delivering direct to individual cylinders
  19. gwar

New members to meet old dudes!

I'll be up for a meet sometime early in the New Year. Jan or early Feb as I'll be off to Hong Kong for 3-4 months after that, and then hopefully India for the mid to latter part of the year. Just waiting on contracts being signed.
  20. gwar

does 800 pound sound good for an insurance quote for a 20 year old?

The good things about Aidrian Flux is they guarantee to beat any quote on renewal, and do green laning cover. They reduced my renewal this yr by £156 when i showed them quotes of a comparison site
  21. gwar

Rear Light !

You may find the rubber around the lens has stuck to the bodywork a bit. The lens does pull offstraight once the two screws have been removed.
  22. gwar

Comparison websites are useful after all

I'm with Aidrian Flux, got a good deal with them last year so was surprised at the huge hike they tried to make in my premium this year. They did reduce it once i provided proof of cheaper insurance elsewhere
  23. gwar

Comparison websites are useful after all

It's that time of year again, trolling round trying to find cheaper car insurance. I had a renewal quote of £450 fully comp for personnal and business use. After emailing a copy of quotes from a comparisson site to my current insurers, they dropped this to £340. Nearly 25% reduction! Just goes...
  24. gwar

hello everyone

Welcome to the forum
  25. gwar

who runs lpg then??

I think I'm correct in saying that, that will just read the error code but not clear the error. I use the ELM 327 which hooks up via USB to a comp. This tells you codes gives real time graphical information, that can be saved, about what is happening under the hood and will reset the EML
Back