Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Fuel tank crushed....sucked in..

Knew you guys would get a kick out of this thread. I like the RR car one. funny thing....the used tank from a 97 came with a skid plate...I didn't put it on though, mainly due to it being rotted beyond belief. Went to the big scrapyard in the sky... The tank is in amazing shape for an...
  2. D

I know it isn't rock damage. Here's the "revised story" as it didn't happen all in 1 day...(probably should have told this first but typing sucks) After I got the engine in, I drove it up to Manchester, NH (20 milesish from salem) put it up on the lift for state inspection, I made sure I...
  3. D

Nope no skid plate. I NEVER had clearance issues anyway where I took this thing, it went through hell...probably the first Mountaineer across Shirkin Rd. Should have built a snorkel. I never want to hear that sound again, which sounded exactly like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8Cg7lDnto
  4. D

As promised...albeit a little late, here's the pics of my fuel tank, just got it's 20 dollar rust free replacement bolted in.
  5. D

Back in June I took my 01 mounty out on a class VI road in so. nh....The Results: Water over hood, motor hydrolocked, friend played Everybody Hurts by REM while I frantically pulled spark plugs (he saw "oliver" on Top Gear one too many times). The damage: 3 bent rods #8 and #3 cylinders...
  6. D

How to: 98 5.0 AWD Auto to 5spd M5R2 and 4406 M

Not yet, If I get a chance I'll try it on mine tomorrow.
  7. D

We need a video when you get a chance, that we can all drool over it...
  8. D

The colors of the wires would be Tan & Red and Pink.
  9. D

Or maybe it's time to throw out the haynes manual...I have never gotten one piece of completely correct info from one on any truck I've had...But!!! It was right that my 87 takes 6 qts of 5w30....
  10. D

You need to jump pins 10 and 12 on the DTR connector C112. That will signal neutral position. You may also have a PATS problem...
  11. D

I just posted a link to this on FTE as I am pretty sure some of the guys over there would watch this intently....I could see this turning into a good write-up. Now all I need is a ZF in my mounty....heh heh heh....mmm...creeeeeper gear.... Even though that tranny is too big...ok I am done...
  12. D

I just checked about the clutches on a for a 4.2 versus a 5.0, they are different, along with the input shaft length. BTW any transfer case that has the round bolt pattern will bolt up, even most dodge and chevy cases. I would review this very carefully, make some comparison measurements...
  13. D

I certainly hope that you didn't take that M5R2 out of a 4.6 or 5.4 truck... It MUST be from a 5.0 or a 4.9 I6 truck, as the bellhousing bolt patterns are different. I believe that the 5.8 only came with the ZF-S542 and ZF-S547 5 speeds, which if you had a BL and some custom fab you could make...
Back