Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Fitting 33's with no lift?

A 265/75R16 is about 32" correct? You have yours lifted, so thats not quite what I am looking for. I prefer the sawzall route before a lift. ;-)
  2. N

Fitting 33's with no lift?

Has anyone tried? Obviously I am talking about sawzalling the fenders for clearance. Completely radius-ing them all the way around. I did the same thing on my 2000 Mountaineer, but it has a slight torsion twist (less than an inch) I got my 2002 dirt cheap ($600) from my brother in laws...
  3. N

Has anyone downgraded from a 2nd gen front end to a 1st?

Hmmm... Fiberglass first gen front is something I never considered. Especially, since I will be working on a cage, that would be the perfect way to hang front fiberglass, if I caged the front end too...
  4. N

I guess I didn't clarify too well. By front end, I was talking about everything from the doors, forward. Fenders and hood. I don't have both generations side by side to compare, but it seems like the doors are the same shape, the panels should match up. Offend or hurt? I am a big boy.
  5. N

Why wouldn't you recommend it?
  6. N

Sorry, I should have clarified. I put it in the bodywork sub forum, but then didn't say that I was talking about fenders and hood and such.
  7. N

Call me old fashioned. I prefer the older, boxier look. However, I have done a lot to my Mountaineer, and wouldn't want to start all over with a 1st gen. I also prefer the interior of my second gen to the 1st gen that I had previously.
  8. N

Title pretty much sums it up. I have seen people convert from 1st to 2nd, but I haven't found anyone go backwards. Has anyone here done it, or seen it done?
  9. N

2000 Mountaineer Expedition Build FW D44/9" SAS

So, I have been reading that Toyota IFS boxes work well. Are there other good options besides the explorer or F150 box? I would prefer to keep it all Ford. ;) If not, it sounds like the newer F150 box might be the way to go. Also, who here has done disc conversions on their 9"? I am looking...
  10. N

Hmm... Interesting. I will have to search and find if the newer F150 pumps are set up the same as the old ones. I just don't know what they look like off the top of my head.
  11. N

Has anybody had any luck reusing the steering box from the Bronco of F150 they got their axles from? Am I going to have to find a first gen explorer box?
  12. N

Oh, and I also got the links fixed for most of the other pictures in this thread. :)
  13. N

Wow, its been a little while since I posted in here. The D30 swap never happened, but now I have to figure out where to put these two little guys... ;) I am still undecided on what I want to do for front suspension. I have two D44s, one leaf sprung and one coil, so i can go either way. I am...
  14. N

5x4.5 to 5x5.5 Wheel Adapter

I just realized my elite explorer had expired, so my inbox was way over full. I got paid up again, so now my inbox is good to go. Shoot me a message and make me an offer. Thanks!
  15. N

5x4.5 to 5x5.5 Wheel Adapter

Actually, I still have them, they are sitting in the garage. My inbox is full, I will go try and clean it out now. Try sending me a message after a bit.
  16. N

SAS with ABS?

From what I am finding, D30 tone rings have 54 teeth... odd that it is twice what the explorer has... Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  17. N

SAS with ABS?

I wonder if you could remove the abs sensor from an explorer unit... I wish I hadn't thrown my old ones out so I could experiment... Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  18. N

SAS with ABS?

Me too, I could understand his frustration. :D Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  19. N

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

This is Khaki, but remember its dirty. The actual color is lighter. Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  20. N

I would never find the truck! Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  21. N

Krylon all the way. ;) I use krylon as a temporary measure until I settle on a color. The rest of the truck is olive drab, actually. :D When I figure out a color I want, it will get sanded down and bed lined in that color. The rockers and grill/bumper are actually black herculiner, it is...
  22. N

Its filthy and covered in ice and snow right now, but I will see what I can do. No promises. ;) Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  23. N

Mine is half desert tan right now. It got too cold to finish. :-( Sent from my modded Galaxy. (Better than an iPhone)
  24. N

SAS with ABS?

Do you know what year the jeeps get ABS?
  25. N

SAS with ABS?

That is interesting...
Back