Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

suspension on an 01 sport

My 01' sport needed new bushings, as did a friend of mine's. Seems like a common problem on the 01' models. Anyway my neighbor has his own auto shop and he replaced them all for around $660. Whenever I used to hit even the slightest bump the back of the explorer seemed like it was going to break...
  2. G

Electrical Problem??!?! Im very cold plz help

Hello! I know you said you checked the fuses but I just want to recommend checking them again. On my buddy Wolf762's Explorer he used to remove a fuse all the time because one of the sensors that tells the interior lights to turn off was busted. On this particular fuse he used to remove: the...
  3. G

Rear wiper works sometimes...

Mine will do that if the rear hatch or back glass is not fully closed, even if the "door ajar" light isn't on, usually it's the stupid back glass :mad: You might also want to check for loose/ broken wires... I am pretty sure the sprayer doesn't even have anything to do with the wiper assembly...
  4. G

Keyless Entry Fab housing??

Either get a rubber/ silicone case or just do what i did: get a new one. They're like $10 ish on ebay, or like $25 ish on amazon.com OR i know that you can also just get a case on ebay too...
  5. G

Keyless Entry for Sport Trac

It's on a white or grey box near (depending on your model) the jack or the rear windshield wiper fluid. it's a 5-digit code up near the front. you will probably need a flashlight :D
  6. G

I can't use my keys, keypad or power locks.

Sounds like you have the same issue that i had with the locks, I can SOMETIMES get my key to work, but usually not. Just go in through the back hatch :) also you probably have some sort of electrical issue if none of the power locks work at all. I am not so good with the locking system of...
  7. G

Back glass defroster

Thank you! Hey thanks guys I figured there might be an easy way to fix this, sounds like something to do this weekend. Thanks again!
  8. G

Back glass defroster

Well, it's almost winter again, and this morning all of my windows were iced over, which reminded me that only about 5 of the defrost lines on the rear window work, and only provide a small viewing area. I was wondering if there is some aftermarket defrost thing i could replace it with? Thanks...
  9. G

Rear wiper skips

Bend it man. Yeah I had this same problem, and it was bad. The stupid thing only got about a fifth of the back glass. I got so sick of it I just bent it forward about an inch. now it gets the whole thing but it doesn't rest in it's spot anymore, and it's kind of crooked, like it matters. I need...
  10. G

Squeak of death Windshield wipers

Ford needs to add lines (like the ones on the back window but clear) on the front window, every morning my windows are fogged up, actually thats why i started this thread, i needed my windshield wipers on to get rid of the fog for the few minutes before the heat fixes the annoying problem. And...
  11. G

I don't like them either :mad:
  12. G

Ahaha thanks for all the responses, I just got some new wipers ;) But yeah it might be cool to have crystal clear wipers!
  13. G

I have these triple-edged, lifetime warranty windshield wipers on my ex that I got when I bought the truck about 11 months ago. At first I figured the squeakiness would go away after they get broken in a little bit, apparently not. It has been 11 months and these wipers still have an...
  14. G

step bars

Are you talking about running boards? If so then take a look at Ebay if you want stock ones and Running Boards Warehouse for pretty ones :)
  15. G

Brake lights out/ 3rd light flashing

I can help a little.. When I first bought my 2001 sport I had the same brake problem, only the third brake light came on, so I tried my best to fix it, tried the little switch up near the brake, nope. the problem for me was (sorry, it's been a while) Either the hazard switch or the turn signal...
  16. G

My 2001 Sport

Oh yeah, and I do have a different driver's seat than the rest of them, not sure why, the previous owner put it in..
  17. G

My 2001 Sport

Well I figured it was time to show all of you guys my beloved explorer :D Things to be done: Add running boards (ha, may be a long time before that happens) add a CIPA 36500 rear view mirror (Here) and finally, get some nicer interior mats, the ones in there now are the $10 for all 4 from...
  18. G

01 expl-sport loud knocking in rear over bumps

:update: Hey all, My neighbor & auto guy gave me an estimate the other day for a full body mount bushing replacement, and for parts + labor he is only gonna charge me $660!! I am looking forward to next week when he gets the parts!
  19. G

Cruise Control Switches? help!

Hey man It's Real Easy, just disconnect the battery then unscrew the 2 screws on the left and right sides of the steering wheel, hidden under faceplates, and then after that it's common sense. Check out my Cruise control buttons post! /here!\ Also, The cruise buttons were not recalled, the...
  20. G

01 expl-sport loud knocking in rear over bumps

ah crap well this sucks, I just went to my neighbor's auto shop, and he had one of his employees lift the truck and check out the bushings... Well unfortunately (and I saw for myself) EVERY body mount bushing from front to back is just GONE. all of them! anyway I have been quoted $1500 for a...
  21. G

95 XLT Started by itself - Help

If your remote start is factory you should be able to press either lock or unlock (sorry, I don't remember which but I think it's unlock) on your ford key fob 3 times for it to start, But I wouldn't sweat it unless it happens frequently.
  22. G

Cruise Control switch

Installation of the new buttons is a 10-15 minute job after the battery is unplugged, and it's a super easy 9-step process. 1. unplug the battery and wait 15 minutes 2. remove the plastic covers on the left and right side of the steering wheel using a very small flathead screwdriver 3. remove...
  23. G

Cruise Control switch

Common problem :( Yes this is a common issue with these buttons, not only do they get melted in the sun, but they have absolutely NO support about halfway down the on button, so every time you press it it breaks a little more. I had the same issue with my '01 Sport, so I got some new ones...
  24. G

gas mileage

His problem Isn't that he want's to improve gas mileage, It's that his Explorer Has been abused by it's former owner it's entire life and it is using gas at an abnormally fast rate, so there is probably something wrong. And he is just turning on the engine to test it, he has literally probably...
Back