Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Damarble's resurrected 88 BII

The D60 is locked and geared. On to the 10.5
  2. D

Couldn't get the horn to fit because the hub adapter wasn't deep enough. It doesn't work anyway so I filled the hole with a thick piece of orange rubber from behind and will have to address the horn another time.
  3. D

It does. The diameter is a little less than an inch smaller, should be nice.
  4. D

Not much happening on the B2 front, but my steering wheel came in. It's a cheapie but will be much more pleasant than the nasty stock one in it now. Still waiting on my adapter hub though.
  5. D

93 Explorer TDI Swap

Isuzu 4BD1T. I have an old thread here where I was putting it into a 01 Sport. It's now sitting in a 04 F150.
  6. D

New member. 67 bronco with 1999 explorer motor

That's a good pairing. I'd like to find an EB to put a 2.3 ecoboost into. Possibly even just a tub and put it on an IFS Explorer frame. I've seen one done and it fit pretty well.
  7. D

93 Explorer TDI Swap

That's an unusual engine to swap into anything. But you may recognize something here.
  8. D

I'm going to follow this guide tomorrow. https://www.broncocorral.com/tech_library/ford-bronco-ii-headlight-switch-wiring-testing/#Melted%20Ford%20Headlight%20Switch%20Connector
  9. D

I'm not entire sure what fuse is for the headlights but they're all good. My high beams do work. But no low beams, no instrument illumination, and no tails.
  10. D

Last night I hopped in the old girl for the first time in the dark and found I have no headlights. Hmmm. Hopefully it's just a fuse. Won't have time to dig in until tomorrow.
  11. D

On my list for deletion since they only half work now. I picked up a couple manual doors, going to transfer the guts into these then cut those down to half doors. I think I have a set of explorer visors around still, looks like they're getting used now.
  12. D

SxS seats. They fit the B2 sliders with a small adapter.
  13. D

Thanks @410Fortune. The gauge style doesn't matter a whole lot, I just have a soft spot for gen 2 gauges. Function is ultimately more important. I might just find the missing dash trim from the junkyard and spray bomb the whole thing black, I'm not a fan of tan and faux wood. There's what...
  14. D

I agree. Also since it is a trail-only rig it added a whole nother element I've never had, not worrying about body damage. I haven't got any yet, but being able to hammer down on muddy rocks and roots inches from a tree was fun. I was with a buddy in a new Bronco and there was one obstacle it...
  15. D

The auto cluster will work, you just need the blanking plate to delete PRNDL. I might have an...

The auto cluster will work, you just need the blanking plate to delete PRNDL. I might have an extra one, let me check tonight.
  16. D

Aussies in both. I figure someone will give them a good home when I'm done.
  17. D

So I've heard this was a somewhat famous rig on broncoii.org back in the day. I picked it up in October last year in southwest WA from the builder and immediately stopped at Elbe before heading home. It's geared a little high compared to my 21 but it got around great and was a riot. It has a...
  18. D

The reason I haven't been active - 21 Badlands 2dr

All my Explorers are gone, sold the ST to help fund the 21 and sold the 07 because it was a never ending money pit. 21 Badlands, 2.3 7MT. 2.5" lift, 35" Mickey ATZ for general use and 37" Swamper SX2 for play.
  19. D

01 Sport trac + damarble = 410fortune WIP

It was rear ended shortly after the 5.0 swap and totaled. I bought it back and rolled the payout into the suspension work. The engine in it is pretty fresh and ran great, it just started dumping coolant out the front. I changed the water pump and it still leaked from behind the timing cover so...
  20. D

01 Sport trac + damarble = 410fortune WIP

Have you gotten any further on the old beast? I moved on from it back then to buy a new Bronco. Then I bought a B2 to build into a trail rig, and I started wishing I still had the ST to build instead.
  21. D

Want to relocate your gas tank?

I never ended up installing the tank but now i want to put it in my sport trac to free up room for a 4 link. The fuel pump assembly will take some modification, mine bolts down instead of the locking ring.
  22. D

Adding heated mirrors

I found a nice little defrost switch from a crown vic that I think I'm going to put next to the mirror adjust controls instead of using the radio bezel switch since I originally wanted a second fog light switch there to run a rear light bar.
  23. D

Which engine lasts longer? 4.0 OHV or 5.0?

From what I've seen 300k is the general upper limit for most OHV 4.0s and 300k should be the expected life for a 5.0. It's pretty well known that after 500hp from a 5.0 you're playing with fire. What a 4.6 piston is capable of does not make an argument for or against a 5.0 piston.
  24. D

Adding heated mirrors

This is how mine looked. I've since converted to manual shift so I'm using an AWD bezel.
Back