Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

clutch and flywheel replacement

You're right, I did it last summer in my driveway, minus the flywheel replacement. The upper bellhousing bolts were really nasty. Great writeup! I will add a link to this thread from another thread I started last summer: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1985808
  2. A

2002 4.6L V8 Eddie Baur Explorer dies at Idle

Similar problem I had a similar problem last summer, while I was on vacation. I had been on the highway for about 4 hours towing my boat, when increasingly the accelerator was become less responsive. After about 40 minutes, accelerating caused the engine to die. I let the car cool for 5 minutes...
  3. A

How to: Clutch replacement 91 Explorer

I would say, if you have a week off and have been dying to say that you have replaced your own clutch, go for it. Otherwise, I would suggest don't try it DIY. ***Update May 2009- there is an excellent write up with pictures of a similar replacement here...
  4. A

I will try to do that next time. I guess I don't have to tell anyone here that the problem is smearing grease and grim all over the camera, but I will have to get a lovely assistant to take pictures.
  5. A

I thought that I might share my experiences with anyone who is considering doing their own clutch replacement on a 91 Explorer 4x4. I will just share some general observations and let you know the difficulties that cost me the most time. Be warned, I would not do this job again even with the...
Back