Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Keyless entry pad code location

There's a wireless stick on type? It must be wired because the 7/8 & 9/0 'lock all doors' command still works, but not the code; it used to work fine. All the wireless FOBs have stopped working as well. I'll try the connections and let you know if I want to try your module. Thanks for the...
  2. H

How did yours start? It's freakin' annoying, I've been reduced to unlocking my door with a key like some sort of medieval dungeon-master! I'm thinking the next step for me is finding this little box, and unplugging it then plugging it back in, hoping it is just some sort of connection...
  3. H

Hey guys & gals, found this thread while trying to figure out what went wrong with my keyless entry, maybe someone here can help. 2002 Explorer XLT. The FOBs and keypad were working fine until I replaced the battery. The battery was only disconnected for about two minutes. Got it all back in...
  4. H

02 Exp. Keyless entry; FOB & Keypad broken

Thanks. Yeah, this never happened before when I replaced/disconnected the battery. It seems like something fried, I expected it to be a simple fuse replacement but they seem okay. Hmmm.
  5. H

02 Exp. Keyless entry; FOB & Keypad broken

Howdy, I replaced a battery in my 2002 Explorer on Saturday night (done it before, no big whoop) and after it was in, my keyless entry stopped working. FOBs don't work and keypad doesn't work (doesn't even light up). Does anyone know if there is a fuse or something simple to get it working...
  6. H

2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer air bag code 33

The 3-3 code was the connector under the driver's seat. I had to pull out and re-solder the wires (or replace the whole loom). I think 3-4 is passenger, check the thin wires under the seat at a connector. Mine were kicked loose by a passenger in the back.
  7. H

Transmission whine 1st & 2nd gear • 02 Explorer

Ooof. Yeah, trouble with shifting is a sign of a problem. Like I said though, have the fluids flushed drained and replaced (or just topped off), if you don't mind spending the $60 to see if that will fix it. We tried that and a month later the tranny failed. Sorry to hear it, hopefully it just...
  8. H

Hey f2, sorry to hear that! If I remember correctly, it started in first, and we had a couple months on it, then the sound moved into 2nd for a couple weeks and next was the crunching noises. After the crunching noises it was just a day or two before the tranny was dead. The rebuild shop...
  9. H

Well, 1st, 2nd and reverse are gone. $2400 to rebuild. What is the wife doing when she's driving?! SHEESH!
  10. H

Hello, just recently my tranny has a whine all the way through 1st and 2nd gear, then after it shifts into 3rd the noise is gone. Between 2nd and 3rd it sounds like I can hear the synchros disengage or some 'geary' sound. I had the tranny fluid drained and refilled, that didn't work. Mechanic...
  11. H

2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer air bag code 33

I was getting code 3-3. I looked under my driver seat, and saw 2 connectors, one for the power seat and the other (I figured) for the seatbelt pretensioner. I wiggled the green wires and one easily pulled out. These were the two thin green wires going into the green connector. I brought it to my...
Back