Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Noise when going over speed bumps

The bushings wear out, especially in harsher climates, like really cold or really hot. I see you are from the desert so I m sure that they have just dried up. The factory bushings are not the greatest IMO but I know that if you go to a NAPA or any other brand bushing that they are way superior...
  2. C

door handles?

Broke mine 2 days ago, Passenger Rear. Found on ebay you can order just the one for about $70 delivered. Just search Explorer Door Handles :)
  3. C

Low-Speed Shudder: Rear Diff Issue?

Well unless you have had this problem then you can roll your eyes elsewhere. I was helping the OP and you come with rollie eyes...Gimme a break. trust me...worked for Ford for 10 years and I can tell you this is the problem and has nothing to do with the 4WD. So please keep your rollie eyes...
  4. C

new guy with concerns

Just wanted to throw in my $.02 in on the transmission clunk. Most times when a transmission is put into park there is quite a space from the gear to the park "pawl". The clunk is because you are trying to move the shifter from the park pawl into gear and that is where you clunk is comming...
  5. C

Low-Speed Shudder: Rear Diff Issue?

If you have any shudder rubbing when turning then it almost 100% the clutch packs. Refer to this post and TSB.... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...hudder+turning I had this exact problem as well as rear end whine and had them replace clutch packs under my extended warranty :)...
  6. C

Looking to buy an Explorer TODAY! Help!

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't all EB Explorers come with side steps? Its the first thing I noticed when looking at the pics...I myself have never seen one with out the factory side steps. Just curious :)
  7. C

Watch this video, are the gauges calibrating?

Well at least it is not in my imagination and someone elses does it too!!! HAHAHA
  8. C

Rear end roar-is there a fix?

You might want to start here...I am not sure if you have this issue but it solved the vibration issue when at steady speeds and when accelerating as well as the low speed rub/vibration when turning I had as well. Check out this link...
  9. C

Watch this video, are the gauges calibrating?

Mine does the exact same this and I have an 04....I kinda thought it was the guages calibrating as well.
  10. C

limited slip clutches

Its not a matter of rebuilding them its a matter of replacement. As well, if you do not have to go to a stealership then don't. Any mechanic can do this for you and probably a heck of alot cheaper too!!!! :)
  11. C

Rumble/Vibration coming from rear end while turning and accelerating from stop

Hey...just thought I might post this as it is an on going issue with Explorers with the limited slip...this is a post from a few weeks ago and I am sure it will answer your questions or at least let you know what the problem is. Helped me out HUGE...
  12. C

Shudder off the line with 02 v8 EB

Mine does as well, which could be gear lash. But until you get the clutch packs replaced it might be hard to tell. If your getting a shop to look at it they can measure the gear lash to see if it is within specs. No problem, like to help out when I see that someone has the same problem as I...
  13. C

Shudder off the line with 02 v8 EB

I see that you have a shudder and happens when wheels are turned, well that is the exact problem I am having...look at this thread and it may help you out quite a bit..... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241751 Hope this helps you out...it has me!!! :D
  14. C

Transmission oil - BG?

I worked at a Honda dealership and we sold this product quite a bit. The only advantage I can see you getting from this product is that they do have their own warranty and will cover any repairs that may be caused by their fluids. The flush is really good as they have their own Flush Machine...
  15. C

Grinding noise when turning 2004 Explorer with Control Trac 4wd

This the same problem that I have right now. I have looked into doing myself if I didn't have an extented warranty. FYI to those who would like to do it themselves it is a big job, the book and TSB says 5 hours for a trained FORD tech to do it. I have talked to a few techs and they said it is...
  16. C

Strange Rubbing/Vibration when turning......

If you are having the symtoms that I have then you need to replace the clutch packs. I would do it myself but have not torn apart an IRS type suspension and would rather not break and screw something up the first time trying :D I am taking it to a mechanic and have it repaired under...
  17. C

I shouldn't have to worry to much about price as I purchased an extended warranty with the truck and it is covered so I am all good. Thanks again for the help!
  18. C

Thanks brother!!!! I knew that it had to be something simple!!!!:D
  19. C

If you heard this you would know for sure it is not normal. The guy I work with has an 03 XLT and I have driven it a few times to compare and his is quiet and not a noise at all. So I know it is not a normal noise! :D
  20. C

I have an 2004 Explorer XLT Auto with the auto 4wd. I have had some problems in the past with the front wheel bearings and had the driver side replaced and thought it would solve this problem I am having now. Let me break it down and maybe someone might know the solution before I have to throw a...
  21. C

A/C always 0n?

A/C will cycle on every setting except for floor setting. This is due to the a/c system removing humidity from the air, helps in the defrost etc. If it cycles when in floor mode then there is a problem. :)
  22. C

remote control question

You need to just purchase the remote(s) on ebay or something like that. You can get them from Ford but are way too much. On the site there is a write up on how to program new remotes here is the info... To program the hand held remotes: Unlock all doors using the power door lock/unlock...
  23. C

4.6L Engine Problems Galore!

Hey man...if you are having this issue there was a guy with this problem a few weeks ago and he was able to fix it without getting the part from Ford!! Here is a link to the post..... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217062 Hope thats helps ya out and good luck!!!
  24. C

button on rearview mirror?

There was a guy that posted about his Autodim mirror and had a problem with the connection to the back of the mirror, he found the wires pulled from the connector and had to repair them. Here is the link to the post for you!! Hope this helps :)...
  25. C

Factory Remote Starters!

The problem I have with a/m remote starts is that there is alot of wiring to be done and if you get some hack to do it (which most shops hire young fresh outta school guys) and they cut into the wiring harness and then you have an electrical nightmare that in my case would void my extended...
Back