Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. bigredscowboy

For Rent/Loan: OTC 6488 SOHC Timing Tool

Tool is heading out today. Check back later.
  2. bigredscowboy

Sorry, came in last week and went back out almost immediately. I'll post here when it's back in.
  3. bigredscowboy

Tool is currently out. Check back in a few weeks.
  4. bigredscowboy

stupid auto correct. 10 lbs.
  5. bigredscowboy

Box dimensions: 14.5" x 16" x 5.5" Shipping weight: albs From: 27265
  6. bigredscowboy

Daisy, $20 to rent plus shipping. $200 total for deposit. (See original post)
  7. bigredscowboy

Tool is still available. Text me at 336.310.nine5four5 for faster response. I don't answer calls from out of state so you can leave a message if you want
  8. bigredscowboy

Diagnosing automatic locking hub problems

Bethy, this thread is very old and your questions is somewhat off topic. You would get a better response by starting a new thread with you question. The light in these switches often go bad. More info would be helpful, did you purchase a new switch or junkyard? When you push the 4x4 button, do...
  9. bigredscowboy

Timing tensioner failed? (not guide)

Has anyone ever had a timing tensioner actually fail? On the way home last night (cold but not freezing), something knocked and then a rattling noise in the engine bay. I thought I had picked up a stick in the fan or something. 1/2 mile and I was home and popped the hood. The driver valve...
  10. bigredscowboy

Ford Ranger with a clutch problem.

Check your clutch reservoir under the hood, screwed into the firewall. It is probably empty and you probably blew your slave. I found changing the clutch to be surprisingly easy. It does require lots of tools, extensions and elbows are especially helpful. Unfortunately, the first go around is...
  11. bigredscowboy

Help! SOHC front timing cassette removal with head in?

This is exactly what I did but it required a hammer-as-lever and my body weight (150lb) pushing down on the hammer handle while simultaneously pulling up on the cassette to get the metal pivot over the lip on the head (a very unusual situation, there should not have been a lip there, and there...
  12. bigredscowboy

Help! SOHC front timing cassette removal with head in?

Yeah, they were probably about the width of a dime offset (front-to-back). Led to some interesting days of trying to get the guide out. I had to use a LOT of lateral force to get it out and had to gently hammer in the new one.
  13. bigredscowboy

Ford Ranger with a clutch problem.

Your prob going to want a new clutch and slave. Go ahead and get the slave, it will have the plastic piece in the box, which you can borrow for the time being to get the old one off
  14. bigredscowboy

Solved Your Stock Auto/Manual hub info - Ranger / 91-94 X

and when I was looking (many years ago) there were no exploded views of the actual auto hub. If memory serves me, pull the snap ring and everything comes out in order. I didn't have any broken parts but cleaned everything up and put back together with no luck. Warn manuals are so much more reliable
  15. bigredscowboy

Solved Your Stock Auto/Manual hub info - Ranger / 91-94 X

Everything from the C-clip to the left is attached to the axle spindle. Not sure about three, I remember just one as in the picture you linked to:
  16. bigredscowboy

Un-delete EGR wires?

I love RockAuto but how definitive is their parts list. I want to say I remember one part being wrong, but that could be my imagination.
  17. bigredscowboy

SOHC V6 Timing Chain Saga

not one bit true. You can pull the motor alone for easy access to the rear jackshaft chain, but jack the transmission. Some have done it by pulling the tranny alone (sounds harder but acceptable if you don't have a lift). trade it for a ranger:D
  18. bigredscowboy

Un-delete EGR wires?

Both my 03 ranger and the 02 X sport had the newer intake seen below. I am nearly convinced that my truck could not have had an EGR bc of several things: 1. there are no wire connectors for the DPFE or regulator 2. The red vacuum hose does not have connections for the double regulator or the...
  19. bigredscowboy

Un-delete EGR wires?

After searching around, I'm beginning to think the 03 didn't have an EGR
  20. bigredscowboy

Un-delete EGR wires?

I believe they are these two parts (image from google) but I don't have wires for them out of the driver bank harness. Could PO have cut them out? where do they connect to?
  21. bigredscowboy

Un-delete EGR wires?

Almost done putting the EGR back on but curious about 2 wire connections: 1. ? 2. DPFE sensor connector. Was this originally wired with the driver injector harness?
  22. bigredscowboy

How to: Rear Timing Chain Tensioner Replacement

streetrod, did you install metal o-rings on your tensioners? I noticed where you said they might cover the oil hole completely... There wasn't one on either of my tensioners before but only got one in the chain kit. Motor needs to go in today and deciding whether to go to the dealer to get one...
  23. bigredscowboy

For Sale 2002 Explorer Sport 4x4 Part Out (Atlanta)

County made me get rid of truck. 01STrunner, I got the parts for you. MonsterTruck, I'll check to see whether he took them when I get home.
  24. bigredscowboy

clemson isn't that far off the interstate if you can't get a car
  25. bigredscowboy

Damage to driver side, only big tab broken is under headlight but it was duct taped by PO, see below. I should be driving up 85 to NC sometime before March 18, hopefully on the 8th (or sooner). I don't mind stopping at the Hooter's exit and handing them off.
Back