Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Code Alarm CA671 Ford Explorer Lock/Unlock Problems

Hello, I'm installing a Code Alarm CA671 into a 2006 Ford Explorer with the keypad. It seems that the CA671 is not sending a lock/unlock pulse to the Explorer on the first press of the transmitter. I counted and it takes 2 presses of the remote to unlock the vehicle, and 6 presses to relock...
  2. 0

License Plate Bracket kit

Hello, I have an 06 Eddie Bauer- the first thing I did when i brought her home was try to remove that license plate bracket. Well after realizing they were actual rivets and not plastic clips, I've removed the bracket but are left with 3 ugly holes, which to me looks worse than before. So...
  3. 0

Toyota Navigation DVD hack

Hello, Did you get this override to work? The lockout feature drives me nuts!
  4. 0

Play DVD's on Factory Nav?

Hello, I recently bought an 06 Eddie Bauer Explorer with the factory in dash navigation and rear DVD entertainment system. I love the nav and the DVD system but had one comment- Is there any way to get the screen in the dash to play the DVD image coming out of the DVD system? I've done a...
  5. 0

2006 Puddle Lamp bulb spec?

Hello, what is the part number for the puddle lamps (inside the side mirrors) on a 2006 Eddie Bauer? I want to replace with LEDs. Does anyone have pics on how this looks? Thanks!
  6. 0

Fuel Filter Location on 06 Explorer V8?

I'll take a look again. Thank you!
  7. 0

Fuel Filter Location on 06 Explorer V8?

Hello, I'm trying to change my fuel filter on my 06 Explorer V8. Cant for the life of me find the filter, and i'm tired of crawling around on my garage floor. Looked along both frame rails, both sides, front to back, cant find it. Can someone pleaes tell me where it is located? Better...
  8. 0

Water Leaking from Overhead Console Map Light Button

Thank you for the TSB! I took it in last week, the dealer said i had an obstruction in the drain hose and they said they fixed it. I'll see- so far it's been rained on heavily and no problems yet. If it happens again i'll take it back in with this TSB. Thanks again!
  9. 0

CSM Wire colors for 2006 Explorer

Hello, I'm looking to install a Code Alarm CA680 into my 06 Eddie Bauer with the keypad. This alarm was previously installed in my 05 F150 XLT. I want to tie this unit into the keypad. On the last install I needed the wire colors/locations for the lock/unlock/2nd unlock from the CSM...
  10. 0

Wire colors for CSM module for Remote Starter

It would do exactly that- it would allow you to arm and disarm from they keypad. If you dont do that, if you arm the alarm from the remote, and then unlock with the keypad, the alarm will go off. and vice versa.
  11. 0

Wire colors for CSM module for Remote Starter

Hello, I'm looking to install a Code Alarm CA680 into my 06 Eddie Bauer with the keypad. This alarm was previously installed in my 05 F150 XLT. I want to tie this unit into the keypad. On the last install I needed the wire colors/locations for the lock/unlock/2nd unlock from the CSM...
  12. 0

I blew air through the drain lines today and it sounded like there wasnt anything in the drain line. I poured some water into the channel and it seemed to come out of the drain holes in the door jambs without any problems. Do you guys know if there is also drains in the rear of the sunroof...
  13. 0

Hey there, New guy here, first post, wanted to say hi! I just traded an 05 F150 5.4L XLT Supercab with 5.4L engine for an 06 Eddie Bauer Explorer 4x4 with the 4.6L w/45k miles. Love it so far but i have a concern. This vehicle has a sunroof. The other day after a rainstorm, 2nd day of...
Back