Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SwampRod

2004 Explorer transmission bangs coming from park to reverse or drive?

Not Sure I know the "clunck" you are refering to, but when I select reverse and nothing happens I'll increase the RPM's and then "bang" it slams into gear.
  2. SwampRod

4x4 auto engages

I think my '02 is going into 4x4 by itself when I am starting out from a dead stop or when I am entering a sharp turn. No indication on the instrument panel. It has the same sound if you select 4 Hi on a 4x4 on the bare pavement. That is why I think it is in 4x4. Any thoughts? I haven't found a...
  3. SwampRod

2004 Explorer transmission bangs coming from park to reverse or drive?

My 2002 does the same thing, but not always. It sometimes happens when I am parked on a steep incline. I think it is Trans Fluid level related. I do not have a dip stick on mine so I can not tell the level.
  4. SwampRod

4x4 high

4x4 Flash 6 to 8 times I just had my '02 in the shop for related issue and they found a faulty sensor on the Transfer Case. Replaced the switch and all is good.
  5. SwampRod

Mysterious Noise, Help

Squeaks I had the same noise on my '02, and the dealership would replace the idler pulley and one time the pulley and the water pump. It fixed it for about 20k to 30k miles everytime and then start again. Apparently Ford changed the design of the pulley, better, but still some noise. Good...
  6. SwampRod

Glad to find Ya'll

4x4 High Light Flashing Finally went to a neighborhood garage that I trust and they T/S the problem to a faulty sensor on the Transfer Case.
  7. SwampRod

Hi! New to 'Explore'

New Today Too Welcome!
  8. SwampRod

4x4 High Light Flashes

I have been reading the forums and have found similar problems. My light started flashing about a week after I had the pinion seals replaced in the front and rear differentials. At about the same time my brakes decided to crap out, no lining just metal to metal. I ordered some slotted after...
  9. SwampRod

4x4 problem

My '02 has this problem also A week after I had the pinion seals replaced in my front and rear differentials my 4x4 High light flashes 6-8 times then stays out for a while. Another troubling item is my Explorer seems to shifting into 4x4 Low on its own when the engine is cold and I am slowly...
  10. SwampRod

Glad to find Ya'll

Hello All, My name is Todd, a.k.a. SwampRod after my other mode of transportation, a 2004 Harley-Davidson V-Rod. Being the *******-Child Harley I was having trouble finding answers to my questions so I found and joined a V-Rod forum and found it extremely helpful. Now I am in need of help...
Back