Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mbrooks420

4.0 Towing capacity and how to upgrade?

Your capacity should be 3500 pounds. I assume you have the 3.55’s.
  2. Mbrooks420

It happened again, another Explorer followed me home.

I was lucky, my brother gave me his Skylark. He even gave me the head gasket it needed. No help though, the deal from my dad was I could have the car if I fixed it myself.
  3. Mbrooks420

Shame. Those are great sounding receivers and the 9886 had Bluetooth. Made in the USA quality audio.
  4. Mbrooks420

Vintage Alpine you say….. It’s not a CDA-9886 is it?
  5. Mbrooks420

Core support information decals

Zero percent chance I’d pay a single cent.
  6. Mbrooks420

Liftgate window shattered

It’s just a phrase used colloquially by everyone to mean for no obvious or apparent reason. Literally nothing, ever, has happened for no reason.
  7. Mbrooks420

2000 ford explorer blend door actuator

Either a good portion of the dash has to come out, or you’re stuck cutting it. There’s no second easy solution.
  8. Mbrooks420

PTU vs PTO?

There’s probably also a hundred other things that don’t apply to the Explorer.
  9. Mbrooks420

PTU vs PTO?

Definitely no plow option.
  10. Mbrooks420

PTU vs PTO?

My guess is these are differentiating 2wd vs 4wd. I know the 4wd radiators were thicker for some years.
  11. Mbrooks420

Headunit update, old guy update

Looks pretty good in there. As for improving sound quality, door pods or decent deadening can go a long way. I’d also consider a mid-bass or regular woofer so you’re no relying on just the sub to bridge the gap to the door speakers, plus the door speakers sound better if you keep the lowest...
  12. Mbrooks420

Worn Driveshaft U Joint Bearings?

Touching the brake pedal doesn’t stop it?
  13. Mbrooks420

If you’re billed through PayPal you can turn it off in the subscriptions tab.

If you’re billed through PayPal you can turn it off in the subscriptions tab.
  14. Mbrooks420

Also, damn, it’s been forever since I’ve seen Woot. Do they still do the old style Woot Offs?
  15. Mbrooks420

They were some of them originators in high end car audio as well. Like allof the old school audio brands, they’ve been bought out just for the names.
  16. Mbrooks420

Should I Take Mounty To Alaska, Or Rent A Car?

If she’s taken you everywhere else, let her take you to Alaska. It’s a Mountaineer, she’ll bring you home. You’re obviously well traveled. Prepare the best you can, and send it.
  17. Mbrooks420

Should I Take Mounty To Alaska, Or Rent A Car?

If it’s only the manifold you’re worried about, I’d say run it. I don’t think it’s going to have a catastrophic failure, it’ll just get louder and might not get any worse than it is. I had a cracked manifold on my last Mounty for years, and probably 50k. It never really changed, I had to...
  18. Mbrooks420

1998 Explorer 5.0 “Restoration2021” project

I believe you’re also going to have issues with the injectors. The 99 should be a return less fuel line setup, and the pressures are different between the two.
  19. Mbrooks420

Installed aftermarket hitch

Still no updates from your one-of-a-kind specially equipped transmission vehicle. How come? That cougar should weigh about 200 pounds by now, and that Explorer should have another 100k on it.
  20. Mbrooks420

Rear wiper only gets half the window?

You’re not going to find a good bracket. They’re all bent by now. The only other things it could be is the spring is bad, the arm has been bent by someone trying to fix this previously, or the hinge is bound up. Even when set up correctly they weren’t great. I only used mine to knock the...
  21. Mbrooks420

Driver Data Collection

My car definitely isn’t uploading any data. If this concerns you throw your phone and computer away and get a legacy or budget commuter car.
  22. Mbrooks420

Intermittent hard starting 2000 5.0.

If it always starts cold fine and is intermittent after the first start of the day I’d suspect the coolant temp sensor.
  23. Mbrooks420

1998 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC 2WD Lost reverse

You’ll know if you drop the pan. The broken band strut will be in there.
  24. Mbrooks420

Infamous Door Ajar

When the keys are in (at least in the 2nd gens) and a door is opened it’ll sound the chime. The door you are having a problem with won’t chime when you open it, because it thinks it was already opened. That’s the wiring/switch that needs adjusted.
Back