Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Brake Rotor Specials From Explorer Express!

98 explorer sport 2dr 2wd 4.0 brakes hey john i was wondering, i saw the copied ad on here about year make models and prices. but i didn't see anything about the 95-01 2WD 2DR 4.0. do you currently offer them? or are they the same as the 4 DR? what would the prices be for fronts and shipping to...
  2. F

Dual Exhaust on 95 X

if you have the 4.0 OHV V6 like me, especially on a sport like mine, it is possible, i don't care what anyone says, to fit true dual exhaust using one cat as a crossover, and still keep the spare in!!!! i know this cuz i have it done in my sport X. check out my pics under my name in my gallery...
  3. F

Dual side exit exhaust questions

check out my pics in my " view photo gallery " under my name. there are pics of my exhaust setup running straight out the back with 2 40 series flowmasters and 2.5" piping. it can be done, but i recommend 2.25" max. i lost some of my low end torque with the larger pipes. mine cost $500.00...
  4. F

Power Upgrades?

you have the same engine as mine, look at my profile at the bottom of this thread and you have the same engine as mine, look at my profile at the bottom of this thread and you can see what i have done. amongst other things, there are Comp Cams, Jacobs ignition upgrade kits, electric fans (...
  5. F

Chips - good, bad or ugly....

custom flashed superchip i have had my superchip for about 2.5 years, with no problems. it is great with all my mods i have added about 37 RWHP. i had a Jet chip before on this truck and it did not perform as well as this Superchip. that and you can't get it re-programmed.
  6. F

My Header 'Problem'

huskyfan23 i installed my headers on my truck too. JBA ceramic coated, and after all was said and done, i have that ticking sound as accelerate too. one of my friends who is quite the performance truck guru, said it is one of 2 things, either your lifters are going bad, or there is an air...
  7. F

Comment by 'FastAZZ4.0' in media 'my custom exhaust'

that is one of the stock cats, i cut the other one off. and the y-pipe you can get at a muffler shop. it depends on the size outlet you have on your cat and the size tubing you are using for your pipes.
  8. F

Comment by 'FastAZZ4.0' in media 'my lowered X'

i swapped the 4 blocks on each rear leaf spring onto the other side of them. take a jack and set it under your rear diff and loosen the bolts on your shocks and the single bolt that holds each set of four blocks and swap them around. ( IN A NUT SHELL )
  9. F

if you go to the search block and type in " godfather" you will find a post on how to drop your explorer.
  10. F

no that is the factory color. it is called burnt metallic orange i think.
  11. F

Stang wheels

well i may be wrong, i was just putting out there what the ford bubba said. after all their best tech guy couldn't tell me what the little "gas tank with 3 drops" light was next to my battery gauge was. it comes on every now and again but just as a flash. so hey he might be wrong. but the wheels...
  12. F

98 Drop options

here is a pic of my dropped X you can find out how to do this by going through the "going for the gusto" thread here in the seriously lowered/suspension topic.
  13. F

Stang wheels

here are some stats well i went up to my local ford dealership asking about the bullet wheels for the mustangs and lightening wheels. first off, the lightening wheels WON"T fit explorers unless you have a custom made fit for the lugs drilled. now all the mustang rims that have 4.5" bolt...
  14. F

going for the gusto...

NAPLES THAT LOOKS SWEET!!!! man that looks really nice with those rims. now i have an idea of how mine is going to look once i get my rims next month. i was trying to see how the truck would llook with 17's or 18's, but i think i am going to get 17" mustang bullet rims just cuz it is a rough...
  15. F

going for the gusto...

well i am going to be doing it here real soon but your truck looks sweet right now, i bet it will be a helluva lot sweeter though sitting right on those rims and tires though. but i will post a reply on this post when i do it.
  16. F

going for the gusto...

naplesbill nope, i haven't gotten mine done yet though, but i don't think it will correct the amount of camber that i will need. i am going to need shims i believe though.
  17. F

going for the gusto...

well i don't know if that is the technical name for it, but that is what i call it.???????????????? :-)
  18. F

going for the gusto...

jsut like godafather did to his, using the 2-3 arm puller and pulling the torsion adjuster off, and turnign it around. i am not talking about letting the bolt out some.
  19. F

going for the gusto...

go to the 4 th page of this thread and scroll down to the middle that is my truck after lowering with the TT adjuster swap. i would say about 4" total in the front from stock is what was dropped.
  20. F

going for the gusto...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm don't cut the bump stops don't judge my truck from this pic <-----------------. but i am sitting on my bump stops right now, and cutting them off won't be a good idea, it is bad enough that when you drive too fast and hit a nice speed bump or something that will throw your fron...
  21. F

went to the track today!!!! what are your best E/T's??

do you know how much heads cost alone???? more than you paid total. not to mention the fact that he had them ported and polished alle the way around, put in comp cams and everything else. porting alone around here costs $500.00 with new valve work and everything. that guy never put them on his...
  22. F

hey man, not a problem, that is what everyone is here to do, HELP. :-) well good luck ,and email if you have any questions.
  23. F

luke.............. you're killing me man i can't beleive you stole my heads away from me on ebay you thief. :-) just kidding, i am glad you did, they are a different part number than mine, so i would have been S.O.L. but that is an awesome price for those heads. the guys name is vernon, he is...
  24. F

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE "ACTUAL" WEIGHT OF MY TYPE EXPLORER????

alec, you are killing me. i am trying to remain happy after yesterday. :-) but hey, if it is true, then it is true, can't get around it til i get my paxton in. then i am working on the guts of my engine from there. but that will be a little while down the road, i have to get my 300z back...
  25. F

yep that was w/o the blower i haven't gotten the blower in yet, i am going to take it back up to the track though to see what she runs then. i figure with the paxton blower and a re-programmed superchip i should shave almost a second of my E/T. hell it is only $10.00 every sunday for all...
Back