Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Liftgate/tailgate won't open

Excellent link Thanks Joe, great link I hadn't found in the open search process. I'm so looking forward to ripping my car apart. Jim the Yooper
  2. Y

What's the hole for, then? Yo, Joe: So if you look at the top of your pic but keep going up, you find that hump for the rear lift glass window latch assembly. On the top of that hump is a plastic plug that pulls out of the trim panel. To the left of that hump, looking toward the front of the...
  3. Y

Ha ha Okay, less sarcasm, more answers. I am curious if it was a Gen II hangover. But it's RIGHT above a hole in the door steel, as if you're supposed to stick something down there. If it wasn't blizzarding in the UP right now, I'd go out there and stick something in the hole. Heck with...
  4. Y

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 2wd 4 liter SOHC here. 329K on the body, on its second engine and needing a third transmission. Yeah, yeah, wow, lots of miles. Pfffft. Everything's breaking and it sucks. The latest issue: My lift gate door will not open. The lift window will but the key doesn't turn...
  5. Y

Disappearing tranny

Forgot Yeah, the fluid was perfect level, perfect color, looked very good. My experience with valves and such is that SOME of the functions may be hindered or delayed or gone, but not the whole darned thing. But appreciate the input. The used tranny has 52K on it and comes with a three...
  6. Y

Disappearing tranny

I've got a 2000 Explorer 4door 2wd with the SOHC 4 liter. Lots of miles on the body, but it's a southern car and looks good, and the engine was rebuilt and has less than 100K on it. I was moseying along the other day in cruise control at 65 when the engine revved up out of control. Tapped...
Back