Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Another Power window problem

Ok, I think I'll take a stab at it tomorrow. Quick question: once I remove the motor, how do I get the window up? It's attached to the regulator, correct? I just don't want to get my hand caught in that thing.
  2. S

Another Power window problem

1993 Explorer 2Door, manual, power windows/doors: The passenger side window just stopped working one day. No motor spinning indicating bushing wear (like my driver side window). The switches seem to work because I get a slight dip in the voltage meter on the dash when I press the button on...
  3. S

93 Sport,Tranny: Stuck in gear

Ok ok....just want to make sure I don't have to pull out the tranny...this is all new territory for me. Thanks again all, will update when I get around to checking the linkage and fluid.
  4. S

thanks for clarifying about the tranny fluid.... i was sure I wasn't losing it. Also, regarding the linkage - I don't have a book in this truck yet, but what do you mean no External linkage? can I not get to it from under the stick?
  5. S

UPDATE: went up to the mountains again on Saturday and this time it did NOT get stuck in gear! I have a feeling it might be the linkage becoming loose - I haven't checked it yet, but this time I made sure the shift gears as smooth as possible making the full pattern of the stick. Also I made...
  6. S

that is funny: like i said, this happened in the same spot, and the first time it happened I got into this "incident" on the highway where this guy I was trying to pass started speeding up! with oncoming traffic coming at me! I then proceeded to call highway patrol, and that's exactly when it...
  7. S

Exactly, it will not get out of gear with it not moving. Hard to tell with it off because I do get some throw in the stick, but as far as being in gear, it won't come out with it on and not moving. As I said, I had to park and wait and wrestle to get it out of gear. I've never experienced a...
  8. S

Pretty much the only long drive. What does it take to fix that? Not even sure what that is, honestly.
  9. S

Hi; I've a 93 sport, 4.0L. I was on the highway in 4th gear and I go to shift into 5th, but it is like "stuck" in 4th? The stick will move a little, but you can feel that it is not out of the gear and if I take my foot off the clutch it grinds. I had to pull over and wrestle with it for a...
  10. S

'94 Push Button 4X4 not working

Yea, when I got the gear out, the bumper was totally broken in pieces. The plastic was extremely brittle too. I used a plastic washer I got from OSH that was a little bit larger (deeper) than the stud and about twice as thick. I had to drill it out because the only one they had was a much...
  11. S

Power window (NOT motor bushings)

If it is working slow, you might try greasing the regulator and gears
  12. S

4x4 SWITCH Question

Ok, got this thing going! I replaced the bushings with some washer thing I got from OSH - I had to drill it out because the only one they had did not fit. Pretty close call since they only had one that would even work. Cost me 49 cents for the bushing, and $25 for the drill set to drill out...
  13. S

Ok, I got the window working. Not sure exactly what it was - all I did was loosen the bolts for the motor (dimple already drilled, so the motor might have been replaced already). I didn't remove all the way, just loosened them, then tried the window switch. The motor started turning, so I...
  14. S

4x4 SWITCH Question

What is driving me crazy is that I am reading 30 threads about the broken stop bumper but not a single recommendation on where to get a replacement! I'd hate to get the wrong thing and have to do it all over again. Was this thing glued on, or was it tapered so the screw would hold it in place...
  15. S

Ok, I got the gear out and the bumper was gone. Nothing in the guide talks about a replacement bumper, so now what? I'm on my way to OSH i guess, just hope I get the right fix and not something that will break later. Would rubber work? does it need to be plastic? should I get something bigger?
  16. S

Hi - I am having an issue with the drivers side power window - 93 X Sport. Did some searching first, just want to be clear that this is NOT the motor bushing issue because I cannot even hear the motor going. I just used the window to roll it down, and 2 minutes later I go to roll up and...
  17. S

How to: 4x4 Troubleshooting guide

Can the gear housing cover be removed to access the stop bumper without removing the entire switch motor?
  18. S

I haven't had time to try this out, but one more question: Is it possible to get to this stop bumper without pulling the whole switch motor out? Looks like I can just remove the gear cover....can anyone confirm?
  19. S

One more question, just to make sure I'm not doing something for nothing: given that this 4x4 probably hasn't been in 4-wheel drive, would that stop bumper still break?
  20. S

That sounds easy enough. And can I buy one of those stop bumpers anywhere, or am I just looking for a simple bushing from a hardware store that fits?
  21. S

Yea, I looked at the guide a little more closely (still not thoroughly), and doesn't look too hard. Given this situation, what exactly would be my main culprit? The bushing? Or the contacts on the circute board? Am I just going to go through each step and clean everything? Just curious...
  22. S

Hi: I am new here, just purchased a used 93 Sport and am now experiencing this exact issue. The 4x4 button does nothing, but i can hear a clicking of the relay mentioned(only when the car is off, but ignition set to on). I checked fuses, they are good. Also tried the tapping of the shift...
  23. S

Hey - 93 Sport from CA here

Yikes! that is a long list, but I do know that this stuff comes over time. Just hope it's not right now, hehe. I will barely drive this thing, only for my trips to the snow or places that I really need the room. otherwise, there's no need, so hope that buys me LOTS of time before any issues...
  24. S

Hey - 93 Sport from CA here

Hi: I just purchased a 93 Sport - haven't even gotten it yet actually, hopefully today! Wanted to introduce myself. This will be my first SUV and 4x4 vehicle, so I'm excited. I know i got a good deal on this one: 97k miles, 2 door, one owner and very clean! new clutch, aftermarket Sony...
Back