Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Has anyone added an internal Bluetooth module to stock CD radio ?

Excellent will give the link a read thanks
  2. F

Has anyone added an internal Bluetooth module to stock CD radio ?

Anyone added or know how to add a Bluetooth module to my stock CD radio in my '99 limited 5.0 ? Not interested in an Fm transmitter or tape adapter. thankks
  3. F

Spark plug recommendations for 1999 5.0 limited

Looking for new plugs, whats everyone using and gap size ? thanks
  4. F

1999 Limited transmission problem, help appreciated.

I swapped the new coils over this afternoon and just got back from a test drive and with this, changing the transmission fluid and adding the Dr Tranny it seems to have cured my problem! thanks for the help and the replies.
  5. F

I dropped the pan ( and drained the torque converter) this afternoon refilled with new fluid, added 2oz of Dr Tranny and installed a new filter. I'd say 75% of the problem has gone, still the odd splutter/slip, i'm gonna change the two coil packs tomorrow as I checked them this afternoon and one...
  6. F

Thanks, is the screw on the exterior of the transmission case or does the pan need to be dropped?
  7. F

Thanks for the info, no never towed anything. Will let you know, thanks again
  8. F

With the exception of a flush and filter change 10k ago im not sure it has!
  9. F

I have a 99 Explorer limited with 5.0L engine and the 4R70W transmission, has 140,000 miles on it. Not had any engine or transmission lights on however its started what i would call slipping. Changes in all gears are very smooth and quick going up and down, problem arises when im doing between...
  10. F

Wheres the temp sender on my 1999 5.0 ?

Thanks for the info, sender was faulty, 5 minute job to replace when i knew where it was:)
  11. F

Thanks, appreciate the info
  12. F

Thanks :), would that be the lower right hand corner of intake manifoldas i look at engine from front of car ?
  13. F

Ive done searches online and on the forum and am getting mixed messages as to where the temperature sender is that sends the temperature signal to the dash gauge! Would appreciate someones help with a definitive answer. Thanks
  14. F

2000 Explorer 5.0L

I may be selling my White 1999 Limited in the next couple of months. It has 93k on it is in excellent condition, nothing at all needed. Interested ? The following is the service history. 8th January 1999 Purchased New 0 13th November 1999 Oil & Filter 4,770 5th September 2000 Oil &...
  15. F

Really struggling to figure this noise out...

Will give that a try, thanks
  16. F

Thanks for the reply, yeh i should have said above, i swapped out the idler pulley when did the tensioner. I was thinking it maybe the gearbox? but it changes smooth as a silk and when it makes the noise it does it when revved in Park too,
  17. F

Its happening at about +3000rpm, sometimes happens when the engines cold and i'm at low revs in 2nd gear, if i pull over and stop then start again it goes away. Ive changed the tensioner pulley and water pump, next thing was going to be the Camshaft sync and sensor but I'm really not sure its...
  18. F

Noise from transmission in 2nd gear around 3000rpm

So upon further investigation it seems the noise is coming from the engine and happening about 3000rpm even when drive is not selected. Short video below showing the noise. View My Video
  19. F

Noise from transmission in 2nd gear around 3000rpm

Have a 1999 5.0 V8 limited, 85k on it. The last few weeks ive been hearing a noise when i'm at about 3000 rpm, usually in 2nd gear. Its now started making the noise around 2000rpm in low gears now and all the time, it doesn't feel to be slipping at all and it shifts fine in all gears, the noise...
  20. F

Help with Explorer dying on me...

I cleaned it out last night, wasnt too dirty at all though. Tricks been fine, but it was fine after the "incident" yesterday too. OVerdrive light came on today and started flashing but went off, trans is shifting fine, gonna cal in Autozone and see fif they can read the trans code tomorrow but...
  21. F

Help with Explorer dying on me...

I have a 1999 ford Explorer limited 5.0 V8 with 75,000 miles. Its been looked after, oil changed, transmission flushed, rear axle oil etc etc regular. I got it 5,000 miles ago and have driven without a single hiccup. The temp gauge since i got it would raise to normal then drop down all of a...
  22. F

Alternator not charging

Flip the panel off on the drivers end of the dash, check all the fuses, cant remember which one it is but if the battery light on dash has blow the alternator wont charge the battery!
  23. F

remote start

Or just remove the chip from the key and use that, tape it to the stearing column around the area where the key goes in. It looks like this: http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/crazirich3/media/01%2520Focus%2520Wagon/4AE63DA0-9D26-48E9-BB4E-4EE4BE75806C-12283-000010BF34E17E38.jpg.html You will...
Back