Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Rim question

Yes, that's exactly what it means
  2. M

gas tank filler tube??

Why not try a place like mcmaster carr? I'm sure they would have a fuel rated hose that would work.
  3. M

Random 2nd gen stuff (Garage Sale)

Still have the spark plugs? If so how much shipped to 16504?
  4. M

Partsgeek vs Rockauto

I've used rockauto as well and have had absolutely great experiences with them. They have good prices and their shipping is fast.
  5. M

I hit a deer with my Navajo... WITH PICS

That headlight set up looks identical to the ones my buddy replaced in the 89-92(can't remember which exact year it was) ranger he used to have.
  6. M

Steering gear to rack hard line part #??

I didn't have to modify the lines other than bending them. If I recall correctly I replaced both lines. I think I ended up getting a 20" and a 30" line just to be safe and they ended up being too long.
  7. M

I've had no issues so far with it, and I irritated the moron at autozon, he said it wouldn't work and I'd be back soon to buy a new rack for it. I politely (read not so politely) told him he was an idiot and there was no way that the power steering system held enough pressure to blow that line...
  8. M

i had to replace that line and just used a chunk of brake line that had the fittings already on it
  9. M

For Sale Bunch of 2nd gen front end parts

how much for one hub and 2 upper control arms shipped to 16504?
  10. M

For Sale Bunch of 2nd gen front end parts

anthing else left? or did it all get scrapped?
  11. M

Driving straight with horrible noise??

i just replaced the drivers side wheel bearing on mine friday, it was making terrible noises going straight. It eventually started making terrible noises while turning so i decided to change it. You may need to change that wheel bearing.
  12. M

what kind of wheel/tire combo am I looking for?

I think these rims are close to what you are talking about: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARE-625765/ These tires may be something like what you are looking for: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+AT+KL78
  13. M

Transmission Line Leaking

it leads to the passenger side of the transmission, i'm not sure how difficult it is to replace, i haven't gone down that road yet. you do not need heat to bend the line, harbor freight sells a kit that has a single flare tool and 4 benders. I'm not sure how well these work, eastwood sells a...
  14. M

Need accesories for 98 explorer

ebay and jc whitney would be good places to look
  15. M

information please

you can get rearview mirror repair kits relatively cheap but I'm not sure if it will be any better than before
  16. M

Transmission Line Leaking

I'm not sure about repairing it, someone else may know but you should be able to buy steel tubing from your local parts store and bend it up yourself
  17. M

Long shot-91-94 Silverado Interior Door Panel (s)?

my brother is constantly at the junkyard, i'll ask him tomorrow to take a look and see if he can find anything
  18. M

Tire Recommendations

I have a set of kuhmo road venture at kl78 on my ex and I absolutely love them, i can hardly hear them and they ride quite smooth.
  19. M

Filler neck size

Does anyone know the size of the fuel filler neck? I need to replace mine but I'm not in a position to buy a new one right now. For the time being I was just going to eliminate the plastic section and use some fuel resistant rubber hose. My problem is that I don't know what diameter hose I need.
  20. M

1999 ford explorer fuel tank

The fuel lines should be metal. On my 96 explorer there was a black plastic sensor and a white plastic thing with a line coming out of it that goes to the evap canister. I believe the sensor is for the evap system as well.
  21. M

lowering help

According to this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240080 the lowest you can go with springs is 2", otherwise you will have to get drop beams.
  22. M

"It's not a tumah!" or the IAC, or anything else I can find

I have to agree. I saw it and couldn't help but chuckle.
  23. M

BW1345 transfer case

I really don't know much about transfer cases. I just figured someone in that area might be interested in it for a project they are working on
  24. M

Sputtering at a light

Could yo possibly have another vacuum leak? Mine did the same thing this past winter. and I spent hours trying to find the vacuum leak I had. Turns out it wasn't a line, it was the tube that comes from the egr valve and goes into the intake. Apparently the o-ring on it decided to crap out on me...
  25. M

Emergency towing of a car; can my Explorer do it?

You should definitely be fine, I recently towed a 92 dodge dakota about 1000 feet and my explorer didn't even hesitate.
Back