Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

LiftGlass Problem

Here is the thread I saw on it with the code locations: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201810 It also has a chart to try and guess the number if you can't find the code. Just make sure you unlock and lock the doors between the lines.
  2. T

Where to do brake fluid flush ?

I've read that you should change it every 5 yrs or so. I will be flushing ours probably this summer or so. We had ABS problems with our Yukon, so I don't want any issues with this one.
  3. T

LiftGlass Problem

You should have gotten a remote, as I believe all the ones with power locks had them. Just find a couple on ebay, they are pretty cheap like less than $10. I have a friend that sells them also, he gave me a couple of them to replace the one I had that did not have the hatch button. We got two...
  4. T

Disappointing Gas Mileage When Towing

LOL! I've gotten 99 mpg on our v6 4wd with it in neutral and going down a hill, "according to the computer"! (when I reset the mpg!)
  5. T

Does the outside keypad beep?

I thought somewhere on this forum I read that the default code is printed on part of the computer?
  6. T

Sun Visor problems

I guess if you have the money to buy a Toyota, you would expect it to last better. I've always found them to be out of my price range, thus I bought the Ford. The visors are the only real problem we've had with ours, and we bought it used 1 year old with 21K miles for $16,900! We now have 49K...
  7. T

Sun Visor problems

Our passenger side broke again and this time since we are out of warranty I just cut the power wire and I am leaving it alone. I might just cut off the hinge tabs off the top of the mirror to give it a cleaner look. Not worth spending my own money on it since we've had 4 broken ones now in less...
  8. T

broken vanity mirror

Good to see there may be a better part available. I'll have my parts guy see what his price is. We had both replaced at about 1 yr and 21K miles. Then one of them broke again at almost 3 yrs and 34K miles. Now the other one broke, after the warranty was out in July. And we don't really use...
  9. T

Sun Visor problems

I had the drivers side replaced AGAIN a couple of months ago. This time I checked on the part price. They only sell the whole visor, and it was about $80 at my Mustang club discount price, probably close to $100 at retail! Next time it breaks, I'm just disconnecting the light and we will do...
  10. T

2007 Eddie Bauer

Good to hear! We have about 32K on ours. The only issues we've had are the #$%^ sun visor mirror covers. So far 3 of them have broken off. My price on visors is like $72, so if they break again after the warranty is out, I'm pulling the electrical wires on them!
  11. T

overhead console broken

I would be looking for a used one!!! I'm sure it would be MUCH cheaper, probably $100-200 or so. Call some salvage yards to see if any have it. Look on www.car-part.com for some local places that might have Explorer parts. They might not have the console listed, but maybe look for an...
  12. T

Whats your mpgs and what do I look for?

Really depends on how you are driving in these vehicles. Ours is a V6 Eddie Bauer 4x4. My wife, who practically never goes faster than 45 around town, stop & go on side streets, only gets about 12 mpg. I drove it to work one week, 36 miles each day mostly freeway with moderate traffic and I got...
  13. T

Sun Visor problems

When we bought our 07 EB, 1 yr old and 21K miles, the passenger side visor was broken. No sunroof here. My local dealer replaced it no problem. I hope this is not a continuing problem.
  14. T

2008 Explorer - ergonomics?

LOL! My wife is 4'11" and she drives with the seat set at the same place I set it at, and I'm 5'9". She has no problems with the pedals. I thought that the adjustable pedals would be nice to have, but couldn't find a used Explorer with them and everything else we needed in my price range.
  15. T

IF and only IF you have the power adjustable pedals, it is on the console below the Information Center buttons. Most likely, if you have to ask, you don't have it!
  16. T

I've wondered about that chrome on the dash. I haven't driven it when it bothered me, but I did think about the possible reflection. I read somewhere they have been moving shift levers from the steering column due to crash ratings. Supposedly they can get a better rating if the shifter is...
  17. T

The headrests do annoy a bit, especially the third row ones since my boys like to sit back there a lot and the seats are usually up. I wish there were power fold switches up front for the rear seats, I wonder if I could rig some up? Haven't noticed anything about the pedals, but I don't drive...
  18. T

How to program spare keys?

No, there is not. You need two keys to do it without the Ford or locksmith computer, according to a friend that is a Ford tech. And some of the time it will not work even if you have two keys. I need another one or two made myself, I've already lost one of ours around the house somewhere. My...
  19. T

Mach 1 wrecks....OUCH!!

Just came across this thread, and when I saw this pic I thought, that picture looks familiar! It was purchased by a friend to part out. (for like $3500) I have a few bits and pieces of it in my 87 Mustang. He still has the hood (pieces) and shaker for sale. He was going to custom make a hood...
  20. T

DVD Remote Control

Back when we got our truck we passed up an 06 with the DVD system, so I was looking to see about price and what was available to possibly add one to ours. I found a lot of the remotes and headphones on ebay for sale. A bit more than Walmart, but it should work.
  21. T

2007 Eddie Bauer

Nice looking truck! EXACTLY like ours. How are the new tires? I'll be looking for some new ones in the next few months, probably a bit wider than stock.
  22. T

Need Help Replacing Brakes (rotors & pads)

Brakes are not too bad to do, especially if you have some experience like your friend. I too was a bit leery on the first brake job I did, but as a poor married college student, I didn't have much choice. Pads for the fronts & rears shouldn't run more than $60-150, depending on what pads you...
  23. T

New 07?

My 2 cents, seing as the retail value as soon as you drive it off the lot is about $23-24K, I would think about gap insurance if you paid much more. But I agree, it should sell for a slight premium over a regular used 2 yr old Explorer, like mid 20s or less. As a reference, our 2 yr old EB v6...
Back