Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. gmanpaint

Pugly

I have been storing a set of 6 barely used Cooper Discover AT3 for awhile in the garage, and they just need a good home. They can't live here anymore. They owe me rent money! 4 have less than 5k on them, and one has a 10mm plug patch between the 21/32 tread pattern. 1 was the spare, but has a...
  2. gmanpaint

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

The General tread pattern looks like the outer half of an MTR pattern. Nice & Beefy! Hope these work well for you. Let us know how well they balance please!
  3. gmanpaint

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

I can say that the MTR's was a pain to get a set that balanced properly, but GoodYear stood behind their product, and kept sending me new ones until I was happy. They have proven to be the best tires I have ever owned for the hobby rig. Great in every terrain I have put them thru in all seasons...
  4. gmanpaint

2017 2.3 Ecoboost Vapor canister purge valve

I really don't think it matters which vehicle your finding it on, as the 3.5L Turbocharged engine, should be what matters. If you want a part number confirmation, or cross reference compatibility, call a Ford Parts counter at a dealership. They should be able to tell you everything you need to know.
  5. gmanpaint

Free service manuals/repair guides site

I like that they also include all the TSB's, and Recall info. When or if they stopped updating that info is unknown to me, but what I sifted thru, had more than I realized for the years I checked out. 👍
  6. gmanpaint

Adventure trailer build thread.

Guess I just had to say something. Doorbell rang as I was reading Ricks last comment. It was UPS delivering these awning walls. Glad I was home, as I wasn't given a heads up it was on its way. Porch Pirates here is a career for some. Internet shopping is so convenient they said........ uh huh...
  7. gmanpaint

Thanks Rick! Sorry I haven't been on here much. I do check in as often as I can, but not being able to participate as I did, is kind of depressing. Docs said to do what makes you happy, and I know you have seen my newest obsession on the socials. 🤣 Hoping for a good winter with time to work on...
  8. gmanpaint

Just realized I haven't posted in this thread in a long time now. Probably because I haven't used it since my health issue happened. My big plans of upgrading the tow rig for this, never happened either. Life threw another curveball at me, and this one was the biggest yet. After over a year of...
  9. gmanpaint

Paul's '91 Sport

Glad you managed to get it out of the house! 🤘
  10. gmanpaint

Black Friday deals - Post them here..

I scored a Ridgid 18v Brushless Reciprocating saw for $99, and a bunch of junk, I never would have bought any other time of year. LOL! I am looking at the US General powered tool boxes for the garage, and if all goes well, I should have the 44" lower Roller, and the 44" upper box soon. 25k...
  11. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Thanks Jon, It's appreciated! I was careful. Last thing I want is to get this leg amputated. LOL I put down cardboard and a moving blanket below too. I had some blue painters tape on hand. Never needed it. I put the 3M seal on the rig itself. Then positioned the glass carefully at the top to...
  12. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Welp. The summer has passed me by as I dealt with life's curve balls thrown at me. I just now got the replacement rear 1/4 glass from a salvage yard. Haven't got the doors or front fender yet. I spent yesterday working on the work rig, so today I am going to attempt to do this window by myself...
  13. gmanpaint

Lower ball joint boot torn/ cause for concern?

Just seen this as I wasn't getting any notifications for the forum. I hope that wasn't a question asked in 2009, and I am just now seeing it? LOL I can't recall that far back to be honest.
  14. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

I haven't decided on anything just yet, other than maybe finally saying goodbye to Pugly, and getting something newer with working A/C. PT is way too expensive here for me ($350/visit 2X/wk), and I turned it down as well. I have done enough of it in my life that I can handle it alone. I...
  15. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Thanks Guys! Appreciate the support. I was sitting here the other day with @reapereviltwin talking rigs at my dining table, and the words that came out of my mouth, was none I have ever spoke to someone. I mentioned hanging this all up, because of the physical aspect of it. I am not the same...
  16. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

I sure don't Don. Thanks Joney! The newer trans sounds great on paper, but I already know the headaches involved with new mods like this, and the time & costs to takes for a healthy person to take on. Trans sounds like a $4-5k project, and I priced the install kit on a supercharger at over...
  17. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

I'm sure both of those items would help greatly. Problem is I just don't have it in me to mess with anything right now. I got the busted Mirror swapped out, and made room in the 1st gen to haul a door and rear cargo glass over a month ago. I haven't even had the energy to go to the salvage yard...
  18. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

These are mine. No theft involved this time. Had a miserable Dinner at Sunset grill the last night there, but the scenery was amazing. So there is that at least.
  19. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

I would have shared pics earlier, but I had to go hunt these down from the internet, and steal em.
  20. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

We snaked around and ended up on old Rt 6 that followed Clear creek up til Golden, then on Hwy 58, that eventually met up with I-70. Clear creek route was simply breath taking. Was one giant canyon with a hiking trail and white water rafting the entire way. I would do that again in the daytime...
  21. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Thank guys. It is what it is. Damage is done. Just have to put the incident in the rear view, and focus on getting it fixed the best I can do. I ordered that 3M tape last night, and it's a week out. The border is still full of glass, as we didn't knock all of it out while on the trail. It will...
  22. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Yeppers to both. Was interesting to say the least. I don't do anything half ass. Most get body damage, I break a R&P on top of body damage. Most take 2 days to travel on their trips, we take 6 days. Most get heart burn, I get 4 stints with 3 operations in 2 days. I'm an over achiever. 💪
  23. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Thanks for the tip on the 3-M tape! I was thinking I might have to search for something crazy, and had to hit up the dealership for a premolded seal or some crap.
  24. gmanpaint

The Black Hole

Oh yeah, one more thing happened. The new high dollar Ford Motorcraft Rack & pinion......... Snapped completely in half. Yep, dead center, the alum housing cracked all the way around. this caused enough slop that the Heims on the Dr side inner TRE was jamming against the top of cross member...
Back