Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer Overheating?

For your radiator problem you want to have the dealer re-flash the PCM per TSB-09-8-1 I had mine re-programed when the radiator was replaced and haven't had any trouble for the last 18 months. (knock on wood) if your out of warranty or without the extended service plan I would recommend...
  2. D

Rear Axle removal

Thanks!! Should go easy.
  3. D

Rear Axle removal

Can someone provide the rear axle removal procedure? I have a ABS tone ring to replace. Thanks Dave
  4. D

P0442 Fault Code

I had the code cleared yesterday. So far the CEL hasn't come back on. The only thing that was changed was the gas cap.
  5. D

2006 explorer radiator

The PCM reprogram is for the radiator problem. TSB 09-8-1 Consider buying a radiator with a lifetime warranty as stated above. I don't think this has anything to do with electrolysis since the leaks typically occur at the lower tank seam. The radiator core appears to be aluminum and the...
  6. D

P0442 Fault Code

I wasn't able to get the code cleared when it was read. I did take a 500 mile trip this weekend but the code remains. I'll have to check into the solenoid.
  7. D

P0442 Fault Code

Well my check engine light came on this morning. Everything continued to run fine. Stopped to have the code scanned at the parts store after work and they came up with the P0442 (evaporative emission system) Possible causes: 1 Defective or loose fuel cap 2 Evap canister hose cracked or not...
  8. D

2006 explorer radiator

I would definitely do the PCM reprogram since Ford lists it to be done in the TSB. Will it cure the superfan? I have no idea. Is it possibly caused by air in the cooling system?
  9. D

leaky 2006 explorer

Its the PCM. Check it out here. TSB 09-8-1
  10. D

2006 explorer radiator

Got mine from Radiator.com, Visteon aftermarket, has a lifetime warranty. More expensive than ebay but considering the warranty I didn't think $190 was to much. They even delivered it to my work. 6 months and holding. Don't forget the TSB 09-8-1 pcm reprogram.
  11. D

2006 explorer radiator

I should have called it PCM which stands for "powertrain control module". Either way it's the computer that controls the engine, radiator fan, etc... Check out this service bulletin You might also want to ask about "After Warranty Assistance". I wasn't successful with getting any but that...
  12. D

2006 explorer radiator

The radiator I had bought from Radiator.com was a Visteon. Through a lot of *****ing and complaining I was able to get my dealer to agree to install it if I supplied the part. Make the point with your dealer that this is a known problem. That Ford has issued TSB's for this issue, and its...
  13. D

2006 explorer radiator

I had this one installed in November along with the pcm reprogram. Knock on wood it's holding up yet. www.radiator.com
  14. D

What do ya guys think of my winter wheels?

Nice looking wheels! How did you deal with the tire pressure monitors?
  15. D

2006 explorer radiator

I ended buying my radiator from radiators.com . It's identified as a Visteon aftermarket radiator for a cost of $225. In haggling with the dealer I was able to get them to install the radiator for free. So far so good. I'm not sure if anyone has posted this here but there is a TSB 09-8-1...
  16. D

2006 explorer radiator

I asked about the AWA assistance and from what I was told the AWA money is given to the dealership on a quarterly basis. Before the economy took a dump they used to get $10k a quarter. Now they only get $2000 and it doesn't go very far. If they've used it up your SOL.
  17. D

2006 explorer radiator

I've joined the radiator club. 2006 Ex 4.0 42500 miles. Noticed a few drips a couple of weeks ago. Getting about a 12 inch spot after parking it now. Ordered a new radiator from radiator.com . Visteon radiator for $212 delivered and radiator.com lifetime warranty. Ford customer service doesn't...
  18. D

Purchase New Radiator in Canada

http://www.spectrapremium.com/spectra.html Canadian company. They should be able to tell you who distributes in your area. I can't vouch for their quality. 2 year warranty.
  19. D

Inadequate Heat in '06 Explorer XLT?

Sorry for not getting back on this sooner. What I ended up doing was blocking off the full open leg vent on the passenger side. I felt it increases the air flow to the drivers side. The few times i had a passenger riding with me i didn't have any complaints that their side was cold. Overall...
  20. D

06 explorer disabling AWD

What search word did you use with to find the brown wire mod? I'm not having any luck. Maybe a link? And this should work on an 06? Thanks
  21. D

Tire Sensor Fault

This thread can give you a lot of info on the TPMS. There's some ford mechanics giving good info. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137498 A site search for TPMS or tire sensor can help you find lots of good info. I had different tires put on my 06 Ex before i took...
  22. D

Tire Sensor Fault

If you had new tires put on the shop should have retrained the sensors after putting the wheels back on. If you put a sensor in a different location on the vehicle it doesn't get recognized by the system. This link has some good info in it http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137498
  23. D

With the nice weather this weekend i decided to investigate the drivers and passenger floor heat vents. As you can see in the picture there is what i call a toe vent and a leg vent. On the drivers side the Toe Vent is a small one and the leg vent is half blocked from the factory. On the...
  24. D

I have the same problem with my 06XLT. Cold feet on the driver side, better on the passenger side. My old 94 EX could roast me out.
  25. D

Exterior Trim 2006 XLT

The less expensive models came with the gray/charcoal trim. The higher end models/Eddie Bauer have the painted trim and door handles
Back