Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2004 explorer pass side wheel noise

hi my friend has a 2004 explorer 4.0l with automatic 4wd that has a growling noise in the pass side from wheel. it gets louder when the wheel is turned to the left. she thinks its stuck in 4wd. i think its just a wheel bearing. wondering if you guys can offer any information to what it could be.
  2. B

2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9

ill be doing my registration probably early next month. im not missing it this year
  3. B

Stiff Shifter

i have tthe same problem. replaced the cable and its still the same
  4. B

Show Off Your MOUNTY!

Here's my 01 Mounty.
  5. B

Anybody Put A Plow On A 3rd Gen.?

i know you guys are talking about third gen explorers here but i have a 2nd gen mountaineer that has the 4.0 and before i got it my dad used it as a plow truck/dd for like 3 years and never had any problems with it. and im still dding it and wheeling it and have no problem with the truck. so i...
  6. B

American made/owned tire company?

this is true. thats what my mounty came with factory
  7. B

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

lol idk thats what i searched on ebay and that popped up.
  8. B

thanks guy i appreciate the compliments on my rig. i got the bull bar off ebay, its just a cheapy but it looks good.
  9. B

Hey guys, havent posted here in awhile so i figures now that i got my truck almost all done i would show it off. These are a few i took next to a mounty that the ford asset program uses at my school.
  10. B

Hello from the Poconos!

Hello Bill its nice to see another member from nepa here. im from old forge just a stones throw away from you. welcome to the site. hope all is well with your son.
  11. B

Wrangler Authroity from Walmart

:ttiwwp:
  12. B

08 Explorer A/C Stopped Working

Check all the fuses and check for two powers and two grounds at the a/c relay. Also check for power and ground at the compressor. The only real way to check to see if it low on a charge is to hook it up to a a/c machine and check pressures but first you need to get the compressor to come on.
  13. B

2004 Mountaineer a/c clutch won't engage

Replace the a/c compressor. I'm not sure if you can just replace the clutch. On some a/c compressors you can. Take it to a shop that specializes in a/c.
  14. B

Truck Nationals

anyone going who has a second gen explorer. what class will you be registering under?
  15. B

A&A Auto Parts 4 wheel jamboree @ the Bloomsburg Fair grounds

Is anyone else from the forums attending the 4 wheel jamboree @ the Bloomsbury fair grounds on July 13-15 ?
  16. B

Truck Nationals

I was at the carlisle performance and style show this past year but have never attended the truck show. I will deff be making an appearence there this year.
  17. B

Mirrors

hey guys i havent posted in awhile but im looking to get new mirrors for my mounty. i really like the square look of the new ranger mirrors. what mirrors will fit on my 01 mounty. will the newer explorer mirrors fit? like 06 and up.
  18. B

Shocks

i'm looking to lift my mounty soon with shackles and a tt... i want to replace all four shocks... any tip on which ones to use. any advice/experience is greatly appreciated.
  19. B

ranger vs riceburner

Drag it
  20. B

Lift Shackles

i would also be interested in a set
  21. B

How to: END ALL 98-01 REAR WIPER PROBLEMS!

do you have pictures of the wire routing locations
  22. B

Show Off Your Mountaineer

they are different to some degree maybe not a whole lot but either way you still dont see members posting pics of mountaineers in the other show your truck posts. this tread was simply started to draw out the mountaineer owners and have them show off what they got.
  23. B

Show Off Your Mountaineer

finally someone showing a mounty some love... come on guys i know there are others out there with mountys lets see em
  24. B

Best Cold Air Intake

thanks guys for the advice
Back