Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

The Most DEFACED Ford Explorer EVER :(

What? I'd drive it.
  2. K

High idle/Engine Temp

Bought and installed the new thermostat, all is good now. No more erratic temperature gauge or funny shifting.
  3. K

High idle/Engine Temp

Vehicle: 1999 Explorer, SOHC 88K miles. K&N air filter with gibson catback. Problem: Engine overheating, high idle and funny shifting at my 1-2 gear. Problem description: Engine idle is around between 1000 and 1500 rpm. Engine temperature is about 2/3 at normal driving. It increases when...
  4. K

Where to put the CB Radio

I put mine in the center console. I got an after market radio though (alpine). I like my setup a lot, though it looks a bit shabby. I put the mic rack right into the dash as you can see in the pictures. And i just wired the power into the aux cigarette lighter. It's a nice setup, hope these...
  5. K

AZ '97 Explorer XL

Sup, I'm in Prescott. Maybe we could hook up some time and go trailing. I know some good ones up in flag. I have a green 1999 XLT, with a CB attenna on the right side with cali plates, if you ever see me around. Nice Explorer by the way.
  6. K

99 Front Bumper Swap

I have that style bumper and no fender flares and it looks great.
  7. K

Quick Question On Neons Vs. L.E.D

Neon is just the type of color, like neon orange v.s. just regular orange. LEDs are really bright.... Under lights are legit. I have some blue Cold Cathodes under my glove box and steering wheel, it looks pretty cool.
  8. K

Three questions - need help!

To answer question 1: http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/7/6/
  9. K

Quality Paint Cheap PICS

Yeah, it would really look cool if you did that glossy orange, and blacked out the emblems and the bumper/grille. Here's how to do the emblem: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223324
  10. K

Quality Paint Cheap PICS

Just wondering....did you get your inspiration from http://www.explorer4x4.com/sema99/trailmaster.html ? Cause that explorer looks hella cool, and yours is starting to look like it. I know i wanted my explorer to look like that sometime in the long future....
  11. K

Nitrogen filled tires: ’99 Explorer

Sounds very interesting....and definitely out of the ordinary to the common car. Hell, if you do get better mileage, might be worth trying...but not for only that, but the other benefits.
  12. K

How to: Replace Spark Plugs and Wires – 97 Ford Explorer, 6 Cylinder, SOHC

Yeah, real helpful. I tried to change my spark plugs, and i had no clue what the hell i was doing, so i had to take it into a mechanic to get it done. Now with this, i can do it myself!
  13. K

V8 Swap for 96 X sport?

I am very interested in doing this myself, dropping in a v8 into a 99 sport manual. I can't seem to find Eric's 302 conversion thread for his 99 Explorer. Do you have a link to it by chance?
  14. K

Message center installed!!! With WRITE UP

Yeah, the max setting delays it for the extra bit, which is like 2 minutes.
  15. K

Message center installed!!! With WRITE UP

That happened to me and i finally figured out that it was the autolamp switch. Mine got switched to max, and that delays the lights turning off for 2min. You need to move the slider all the way to minimum. It should be located on your rear view mirror.
  16. K

CAI on a 4.0 OHV K&N or Volant?

I would go with the K&N because with a box, there is still air restriction. The K&N doesn't have that restriction. The downside though, is that the K&N heatshield is ok, whereas in a box, the volant, acts as a better heatshield. I have a K&N and love it. It's up to you. Also, if you go with the...
  17. K

22" Rims

damn....those are some nice rims dude.
  18. K

How to: Remove 4.0 Engine Explorer 1997-2001

Yes, excellent pictures, i like a lot. Wish it was in english.....but nothing that I couldn't translate online. Plus, the pictures are pretty self explanatory. Good work! Will be extremely useful!
  19. K

range rover sport exhaust on ex??

I've got a gibson catback exhaust on my v6 and i think it sounds pretty good. It's not too deep, but deep enough where you can hear it rumbling. I think the v6 sounds good.
  20. K

No power to head lamp

Ok, i CAREFULLY inspected each of those and it was fuse #8. Most of the fuse was intact except for a 1/2mm gap that was there. It was kinda hard to see. You usually expect a blown fuse to be completely annihilated or black, or even a good portion of it blown. Thanks so much for making me triple...
  21. K

No power to head lamp

It does not have a message center, and what is the LOM?
  22. K

No power to head lamp

Hey, my passenger side Low beam is not getting any power. The bulb is good, i tested the power from the harness with a voltage/multi meter, and it's getting now power. The high beams and blinkers all work on the passenger side. Drivers side is completely fine. I have no blown fuses. Any ideas...
  23. K

27 MPG *2 mods

I've never heard of that "Hot InaZma pocket".....you think that really worked? Just plugging that thing into your cigarette lighter to help voltage control?
  24. K

Impounded

Whoa whoa....I'm from the bay area, east bay specifically, from the hood, all the richmond, oakland shiyate. This is how we roll there. 22" chrome or 100 spoke rims, have bags in the back, lower the explorer, or just lower the back. It's what we do yo, if you not from the area, it prob looks...
  25. K

What does everyone think of these:

That looks hella cool man
Back