Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

1996 Explorer Power Window Fix

Thanks to whomever posted the tip about using a lawnmower battery to get the window to roll up. That worked. So, at least I don't have to mess with hanging plastic in the window :-) Now I can find the broken wire in peace.
  2. F

I think I may have located the problem, I checked continuity of the power wire that goes to the master switch console between the switch console and the accy delay relay. There isn't any continuity, so if I'm doing a valid check, there's a break in the wire. I checked it by removing the Accy...
  3. F

Yes, all the windows stopped at the same time. I checked the fuse in the PD box under the hood and it is still good. I replaced both the big relay and the one touch (in addition to the other one next to them, battery saver or something like that). The power locks work, I'm not sure if they...
  4. F

From reading this thread, it looks like I should check the voltage at the motor connector: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=221735 I'll try that and post back.
  5. F

Dang, I had already replaced that relay and the battery relay and the one next to it :-) When I turn the key to the position just before start, I can hear and feel (finger on the relay) both the battery saver relay and the accessory relay click. If I put a volt meter on the power lead coming...
  6. F

Howdy, where exactly is the "Instrument Panel Relay Module #4" with "Accy. Delay System Power Windows"? In my 1995 Explorer manual it shows the relay module #4 on page 457 with an arrow pointing to the driver windshield wiper. I'm pretty sure it isn't embedded in the wiper :-) I assume it's...
Back