Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

1997 Aerostar. Rear differential issues.

all Aerostar differentials have a "whine", but if you think you need to replace it, you can use one from a 1995 thru 1997. As to replacing it with a 4WD differential, I do not know.
  2. J

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

I don't think you can send attachments in pm
  3. J

1997 4.0L Aerostar. Fuel line repair.

check this link to see if this is the hose: http://www.am-autoparts.com/Ford/Aerostar/fuel-tanks/AM-2276960410/1439013.html have you checked salvage yards near you?
  4. J

1997 4.0L Aerostar. Fuel line repair.

I have a 1997 4.0 extended and finding a fuel filter is no problem. Go to Advance Auto Parts and you will find it there, including the Ford Motorcraft filter which comes with the mounting clips. as to replacing a fuel line, I would follow Brooklyn's advice of a high pressure flexible hose...
  5. J

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

follow the steering column down under the dash; Look for and disconnect the yellow-sleeved wiring connector. Also disconnect the battery and wait 20 minutes before attempting to remove air bag.
  6. J

I don't know, never had a Ford Aerostar with that system, but I have heard they are unreliable too.
  7. J

My 4th Aerostar.

do you not have pull-a-part yards in Penn ?
  8. J

My 4th Aerostar.

yeahh me too, I have 2 of the front pads and one extra for the back, mine is the extended body.
  9. J

best to take some pictures, let me know via PM when you have the pictures.
  10. J

do you mean the entire 3-point assembly? then you have the two Receiver Buckles which are bolted to the seat themselves.
  11. J

My 4th Aerostar.

best to call them and tell them the vehicle you have, they will send you color samples. the one you want is 3/16ths thick foam backed as used by Ford. Measure the entire area you want to cover and add about 4 feet to the total. you will note that in the front and back edges of the pads the...
  12. J

My 4th Aerostar.

post pictures. you can get the headliner FABRIC, not the headliner pad. you need to scrape the old fabric from the foam pad and glue new fabric using 3M Headliner Adhesive Spray, takes about 3 or 4 cans.
  13. J

if you can get the part number, you can find it on ebay.
  14. J

My 4th Aerostar.

I have a 1997 with the Mocha interior, (my third Aerostar), very few were made in that color so the trick is to get the parts you need in the normal Grey color and then go to an automotive paint store where they can match the color of one of your good parts and you can spray the parts. (Ford...
  15. J

this is the only one on eBay right now, but it includes the motor. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Global-Parts-Distributors-700049-New-Blower-Motor-With-Wheel-/351052702285?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995|Make%3AFord|Model%3AAerostar&hash=item51bc5f224d&vxp=mtr
  16. J

how much do you want to spend including delivery?
  17. J

can you not find a new one in any autoparts stores?
  18. J

1994 Ford Aerostar. The ignition cylinder will not turn.

at the worst case if it simply refuses to turn, you might have to replace the ignition switch assembly, 1) look under the plastic cover directly below the ignition switch; 2) you will see an empty hole; 3) insert a long pick rool and push up as you pull the ignition switch assembly out. 4)...
  19. J

Solved Any experience with aftermarket power window switches?

geez I don't know what the problem could be, I had a 1992 which never gave me any problem with the window switches. Now I have a 1997 and no problems either. Ford wires break, don't know why but they do, especially at the point where the rubber accordion neck connects the door jamb to the door...
  20. J

1995 Aerostar. Suspension thrust bushing on the rear axle.

it would help if you could find the part number. surely other Ford cars or trucks use it too. this part number might do it: 5F9Z-5K789-AA or this kit...
  21. J

not sure if that's the one, but I think there is one on EBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-Control-Arm-Bushing-Professional-Grade-Rear-Lower-fits-86-97-Aerostar-/161555928299?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item259d7bd4eb&vxp=mtr
  22. J

have you tried spraying Rust Blaster or Numb Nuts spray with a long tube through the grille? If you spray Numb Nuts it will release it. You need to try to save the cable if nothing else. Try spraying it for a week, let it penetrate, spray again.
  23. J

4.0 liter Aerostar misfires on cylinders 2 and 5.

once you did the revised intake gasket job, it should last a good number of years, unless the intake bolts were not properly torqued, and I doubt it, so if you already did it, then the problem is elsewhere. you seem to have a good sense of the problem, and you said: "something related to...
  24. J

let's hope the coil pack changes everything, but if not, I'm afraid you're looking at the intake manifold gaskets, the symptoms are there, I did mine in May and the whole problem is gone now. this is a typical issue with the 1997 4.0 liter engine.
  25. J

they call them "o rings" but they are actually 3 rubber or nylon squared "rings". the illustration shows them as part number 9E436, then below them you have the revised paper gasket which is also shown as the same part number. I would change the *spark plugs FIRST, if that doesn't...
Back