Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

No forward drive in 4r55e transmission. HELP!

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer that I bought a used 4r55e transmission. I saw this tranny in a wrecking yard, someone pulled the engine and the tranny was just hanging by the shift cable, so I grabbed it! I saw that it was possibly a rebuild because it had a new converter and the factory tags had...
  2. M

HELP! 96 Explorer 4r55e Transmission trouble

Filling Trans fluid I pre-filled the torque converter (it only took about a quart of fluid). And I put the transmission in neutral while I filled it! I have a total of 8 quarts of mercon ATF in the system. I assume the converter had some oil in it because it's hard to drain it all out by...
  3. M

Help With Tranny Code Reading...

codes The codes are usually stored in the computer unless you clear them with the OCBII or disconnect the battery. Did your check Engine light come on? If it did the codes should be stored in the computer if not... they may not be in there. Richard
  4. M

I thought of that, and I added more fluid.. still no drive :(
  5. M

How to: How to install leak proof magnetic drain plugs.

Well I have to pull it down next weekend and I'll take another pic of the inside of the pan. Did you read my post on: http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222472 Richard
  6. M

post pics Thanks, it worked...sorry about the resolution. I used my cell phone's camera, I left my digital at work.. Richard
  7. M

Transmission drain plug I used my mig welder to install my drain plug! I ground the inside of my pan with a 4" grinder to smooth out the weld and remove any flux or "bugs". And I installed it on the rear of the pan and in the lowest spot so all the fluid will drain out. :) Richard AKA...
  8. M

here is a link for an OBD II code reader Good luck! http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=26554 Richard
  9. M

Any OBD digital code reader will get transmission codes...Mine is an OBD II 3100 , you can get it at just about any parts store...It will probably give a code for a "transmission solenoid" but it didn't specify wich one... Good luck Richard AKA Magick_Man
  10. M

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer that I bought a used 4r55e transmission. I saw this tranny in a wrecking yard, someone pulled the engine and the tranny was just hanging by the shift cable, so I grabbed it! I saw that it was possibly a rebuild because it had a new converter and the factory tags had...
Back