Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jtb1689

jtb1689's 93 Sport EB

^^^^^
  2. jtb1689

Ball Joints RA Bushings, recommendations

Awesome thanks for that. That should help me figure out what I'm really trying to get here, thank you much.
  3. jtb1689

engine use alot of oil 2qt 300 miles

High mileage oil's advantages is an age old debate. Some swear by it's better conditioning of gaskets and will vouch for it stopping some of their leaks. Others will say it's nothing but a sales gimmick. Personally I do use it as it doesn't personally cost me anymore than regular oils. Even...
  4. jtb1689

engine use alot of oil 2qt 300 miles

If you want to stick with just a gasket fix (although it may not be the issue, but I'm sure you are aware of this) your best bet would be to check and see where oil is leaking from. On mine it was the timing cover gasket (though I was only about a quart or so every 3000 miles). I would go...
  5. jtb1689

Ball Joints RA Bushings, recommendations

Getting ready to replace the long overdue ball joints and radius arm bushings in the '93 explorer. I've done some searching around and found that many people prefer the poly radius arm bushings for a "stiffer" responsive ride. Also I've found that it seems moog ball joints have mixed feelings...
  6. jtb1689

Blinker (flasher) fuse keeps blowing when the truck is started.

Well I was low, but that wasn't the contributing problem... yet. Speaking of which I need to get down to the auto store and pick up some defroster fluid, thanks for reminding me. ;)
  7. jtb1689

Blinker (flasher) fuse keeps blowing when the truck is started.

I had a similar problem however I only blew the fuse when I put it in reverse, not simply turn it on, as I had a direct short in the wiring to the reverse lights that happened at some point. Since that fuse also controls your reverse lights and rear-defroster you may want to check those areas also.
  8. jtb1689

Head Replacement

YB - With only sockets, screwdrivers, and pliers you may be in over your head trying to replace the heads. Don't get me wrong you could probably do it if you really wanted to, I personally wouldn't have done it if I were in your situation. Maybe find someone with a wider array of tools such as...
  9. jtb1689

2wd rear locker...help

I rebuilt my ls almost a year ago. Here is the link to my thread when I had plenty of questions myself. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234360 If you read through that and look at the links, specifically the one from Albino which is the how to, you should know all you need...
  10. jtb1689

Edelbrock Headers

I've recently come upon some edelbrock headers for the 4.0 in my '93. I'm pretty sure they are no longer made and was just wondering if anyone could vouch for them as it seems that headers for the 1st gens tend to be hit and miss as far as desirability goes. Any insight at all is appreciated...
  11. jtb1689

How do you change the dash lighting

I can give some advice on how those light up, and you can maybe come up with an idea... The green is actually on the gauge faces. The lights behind are all just clear regular lights that show through the green gauge faces. A few people have made custom gauge faces in which you could use a...
  12. jtb1689

jtb1689's 93 Sport EB

Thank you kindly. To answer your questions: Extra lights in the grille - The lights were like a $10 cheapo-special that came with basically half-a-square shaped brackets that I drilled into the grill then put the lights in. Since then though I have moved them to the bottom of the brush guard...
  13. jtb1689

'01 Sub/Amp in '93... can I?

Yea I found after another while working that it just wasn't going to happen without the adapters and some re-wiring. Thought about just using the MACH box with the sub but my original amps, didn't want to relocate the speaker amp and re-route wires. Ultimately decided to put it all back...
  14. jtb1689

Ok so I've hit a dead end and really need some help. Would an '01 Mach system sub and amp even be compatible with a '93 JBL system? I figured out the various signal, power, ground wires, did some re-wiring and got nothing. I did find that the JBL system reads all over the place on the voltemeter...
  15. jtb1689

do you need a wiring diagram?

I see this is a slightly aged thread but was wondeing if I could get the diagrams as well. jtb1689@hotmail.com Much appreciated and great post.
  16. jtb1689

After opening the various amps I believe this is something that can be done fairly easily given the right information. Does anyone happen to know what the three wires are on the plug from the first (speaker) amp to the second (sub) amp: I know its hard to see but there is a black one, the...
  17. jtb1689

Brush Guard

I got my Smittybilt from a liquidator online somewhere. Looked for a while to find one. Not many people make brush guards for the 1st gens anymore, but they are out there. You just have to do some digging, as ricco has done. Good finds by the way.
  18. jtb1689

First off, I apologize for the large picture sizes. Long story short I have a complete sub, amp, and box from a 2001 Explorer Mach Audio. I currently have a 1993 sport with the JBL Premium sound that includes sub, sub amp, speaker amp (i think?), all attached to the box. Can the swap be done...
  19. jtb1689

Head Replacement

Well for those reading, it all went well. Patched the rest of the little things all up yesterday morning and she fired up great. The temp stays right where it should, it doesn't miss at first start up, and runs/sounds 10 times smoother. Just goes to show you can't rule out the least preferred...
  20. jtb1689

Head Replacement

So far so good on day too of laid back head replacement. Only a few hiccups today such as rounding off the head of a bolt or two... and the rounding out of one of the torx head bolts (good thing the new ones were going in anyway), and broke a lifter cup pulling a head out (that was a 50 dollar...
  21. jtb1689

Head Replacement

Thanks for all the info. I took it easy today and got the valve covers and intake manifold completely off. Tomorrow morning starts with the removing of rocker arm shafts and heads. Switch a few parts over to the new heads, and back together we go (which I plan to do hopefully by the end of the...
  22. jtb1689

Head Replacement

Thanks for that. I'm more than positive it will save plenty of aggrevation and time ;). Disassembly begins today, time to see how good/bad things are in there. Anyone feel free to chime in any time, every bit helps.
  23. jtb1689

Head Replacement

I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this, I searched, looked through the entire How To section, and haven't found quite what I'm looking for. (Though I find it hard to believe that there isn't a large number of people that have experience in this field) So, after some time...
  24. jtb1689

Rear subwoofer cover

Oh no worries, I just wanted to be sure nobody got scared to take their's off. I didn't mean to come across as thinking you were questioning my manhood (does that sentence even make sense?). How'd it go mgmgmg?
  25. jtb1689

Rear subwoofer cover

Well thank you sir. I have managed to remove mine and put it back time and time again without permanent bending. Just be gentle enough to remove it and you should be good. And enjoy it because door speakers are not so easy ;)
Back