Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. turboexplorer

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

Axle and springs done and in, drive shaft lengthened and in. I have had a 50" curved light bar for 9 years or so. So I finally did mounts, turned out great.
  2. turboexplorer

All done w/axle. Disassembled original Ford leaf springs, sanded and painted. Will assemble them today. Also got lengthened driveline back on Friday. Tom Woods is an incredible place to work with. Dropped driveline off on Wednesday they lengthened and shipped it Thursday and it arrived Friday...
  3. turboexplorer

Got gears set, then removed them to clean and paint. Plan is to assemble gears final time today.
  4. turboexplorer

Went through locker, no wear at all. Still in great shape. Pinion setup and ready for ring gear and pattern check. Axle fully pressure washed out and ready for paint after gears are loaded. Been 12 years since it was painted.
  5. turboexplorer

Got back from a Moab trip a few weeks ago. Was amazing! Got to spend some time with my Dad and brothers and some time on the dirt enjoying beautiful Utah. Put roughly 200 miles on the truck in Moab and about 750 total for the trip. Have some adjustments I would like to make so going to knock...
  6. turboexplorer

This is from a year ago. But if we are going to go wheeling as a family it needs to sit at least 6. So I made a 3rd row including harnesses. Lap Belts are bolted to the lower frame portion and the uppers just go around the seat and bolt to the upper frame portion. This is easily every bit as...
  7. turboexplorer

Sector9's 91 explorer

8. turboexplorer

This is my 3rd. Konnor. This is my 4th. Kolton.
  9. turboexplorer

Now they are big and both pretty dang good little dirt bike riders!
  10. turboexplorer

I was going back through the last few pages of this thread seeing what I have posted and came across these 2 pictures a few pages back. Crazy to think how much bigger they are now. They are over 3 years older now than in these pictures. We went wheeling over Christmas break in Sand Hollow (in...
  11. turboexplorer

Sector9's 91 explorer

We built it off of another forum members designs. But all the parts we fabricated ourselves.
  12. turboexplorer

Teaser, anyone spot any changes?
  13. turboexplorer

Its been awhile. Will have to get some updates posted on here. A lot has changed since I have last posted an update.
  14. turboexplorer

Sector9's 91 explorer

Yes the top of the radius arms near the vertical support.
  15. turboexplorer

Sector9's 91 explorer

Installed a new steering for Sector 9's Explorer. Swing set steering eliminated all bumps steer and is drastically better all around even while turning at idle in a parking lot is much easier.
  16. turboexplorer

Thanks 410, and BK almost. However that a very good guess minus being stuck at the house this year. But what that did mean is some new parts are on! :)
  17. turboexplorer

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

I clear 37's. At full compression the fronts rub the fender right at the top but barely haven't even rubbed through paint yet. Rears don't rub :) A lot more money for 37's over 35's to which can be a big deciding point.
  18. turboexplorer

BTW, now that I have 4 kids I need 6 seats. Anyone have any great ideas or options for adding an old school seat in the rear?
  19. turboexplorer

Lol, think 4 is enough for us. And technically they are Irish twins they are both born in 2018. The 4th also has a Dec 27th birthday and so does my 1st. Want to do some cool stuff just need to get the basement finished then back to a bit of play time. (BTW 2 kids that close is a lot of work, I...
  20. turboexplorer

Wow!! It really has been over a year since I have even posted. Crazy it has gone that fast. New things here is in the last post with the pictures we where about to have my 3rd kid. That happened and all went well. Then another crazy :crazy: thing happened and we got pregnant again with our 4th...
  21. turboexplorer

How can I disable auto lock on 1996 5.0L XLT?

My 2nd, 2nd Explorer is the 96'. It auto locks every time it moves forward or reverse. Can't find anything in my 98's manual about it and it does not have that "feature". Any chance anyone knows how to disable it? Quick search didn't find anything.
  22. turboexplorer

Sector9's 91 explorer

We got @sector9 s explorer driving again last weekend. Its been a bit of a long process with doing it only a bit at a time. After kids go to bed and when we could get together to get some work done. It turned out great and very happy with it. It cycles at 17 inches of travel and is bumped and...
Back