Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Completed Project Hydraulic Ram Assist Steering

Is it possible to fit a ram assist on explorer 97? This truck is not a solid axle in front.
  2. R

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

Wy don't you youse the old one?
  3. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

I did not put back the speed gear sensor because its not a dally drive but I know it is possible by taking off the plastic cap on the 1354 and put the 4405 speed sensor in it.
  4. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

To prevent dirt in the spring plunger you may want to lock the gear inside and not the handle... I think I'll do it on my truck
  5. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

I like this "Spring Plunger" great Idea What I did vas to drill 3 hols in the plate ''were you can see 4l, 4H on it'' and one in tra rotor handle. The hols were exactly aligned were the gear was supose to stop when angaged in different gears (2H, 4H, 4L) I yoused a kind of cutter pin...
  6. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

My last version have a hole in the rotor handle and 3 hols in the top plate to be sure nothing slip. I used a pine to lock every thing. Bun If you put more pressure on the 3 holding screws, it wont slip. My truck is working like this fore more than 2 years and I don't have any slip problems.
  7. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

The 4405 and the 1354 have the same bolt pattern The only problem will be the motor.. maybe the 4405 motor will work on the 1354 (same one except for the electric pin out) I may try this with a new Motor mine is not working. So I temporary decided to make it shift manually. What I did...
  8. R

My New Front Skid Plate

I used some 3" beam and welded a 1/2" steel plate behind the shackles to make sure nothing bend Your right the head lights are not protected and I need to fix some thing for that But for the upper damages, I'm not scared. Everything I hit fall before it hit the hood ! ! !
  9. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

I find a way to make my motor run with 2 switch I will give you more details as soon as possible ! ! !
  10. R

My New Front Skid Plate

Yeas I don't like to waste metal ! ! !
  11. R

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

I changed my old t-case 4405 "4x4 auto" to a 1354 "All mechanical" and I want to know if someone has the electrical pin out for those 2 electric motors (truck and motor plugs). The 1354 is really stronger so I prefer this one but the electric plug is round with only 6 wires "if I remember...
  12. R

sway bar disconnects

I disconnected front and rear sway bars and I really like the way the truck work in trails. On the road it is a bit leas steady but not this bad.
  13. R

My New Front Skid Plate

Good looking and very effective in big rock.. Wont hit the rad no more with that ! ! !
  14. R

My New Front Skid Plate

I made a great heavy duty bumper with slide plate.. from now it is indestructible ! ! !
  15. R

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

You only have to lift the truck under the frame and adjust high to fit your shackles Easier than lift under the U bolts and then use an other jack to adjust the high. Don't even need to take off the wheels.
Back