Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

YoungMounty's '97 Mountaineer SAS Build Thread

subscribing, I want to see where this goes.
  2. B

91 ranger 5spd transmission problem, loose parts

ok, thanks, I found this diagram, and like you said, it looks like the only place one finds springs are in the shift rail assembly. (My buddy is stationed at Ft Riley, KS, I am in Anniston, AL, thus the cell pics describing the issue)
  3. B

ok, got more info, the parts fell out of the top plate/shifter area, and to put it in scale, that is a 3/8ths extension in the upper corner, the parts are tiny. I wasn't sure if the mitsubishi was OEM at that point, I thought they switched to the M5OD entirely just before then.
  4. B

Buddy of mine is working on a '91 ranger 4x4 with a 2.9 and the mitsubishi 5spd (Don't know if that's the factory trans, but has been positively ID'd by having a pan on the bottom) When he removed the trans for a slave cyl replacement, it rolled over and these 2 parts fell out. I looked at a...
  5. B

for sale: First Gen Winch Bumper

Actually yes, I'm here now. I was actually planning on taking it back to AL with me, so if you want it, I'll have it down there. As far as wheeling in memphis, sadly, no I don't know anyplace but the river bottoms. There is sugar creek up in tipton county, but I'm not sure of the details on...
  6. B

thought about it anymore? Cookeville is an easy drive, made it many a time.
  7. B

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

Yeah, TN and AL both allow crossbows during regular archery season, though I don't know anyone that uses one. Used to require a disability, but they changed it a couple years ago. What kind do you shoot?
  8. B

How you liking the crossbow?
  9. B

Could just run it in front wheel drive on the street. How's the hunting this year? I won't get to do any until gun season due to my moving and not being able to get a hunting license down here until I have been living here for 90 days.
  10. B

91 X by black91EB

Since other people have posted pics of vehicles like theirs parking next to them, figured I would join in.
  11. B

You can kinda see the brackets in that pic. It uses the stock bolts in the stock locations. Really easy swap. Those bolts are very strong, I snatched and yanked and pulled all kinda stuff and never even bent one.
  12. B

missed your endorsement, Thanks a lot! I will be building one for my F-250 soon, its gonna be even sweeter. You might have seen the one I just built for a bronco in my build thread.
  13. B

actually it wasn't that bad, I could pick it up by myself. According to my quick and dirty math, the bumper is about 90lbs, plus 75 for the winch. I loved the coopers, they were great, and will probably buy a set for my F-250 when I get to the point of buying new tires. Pretty quiet on the...
  14. B

selling my winch bumper off my old '91, I was holding onto it in case I got another explorer, but thats not likely. Here are some pictures of it on my old truck: I'm asking $400 obo, will put a fresh coat of paint on it. The KC's and winch don't come with it, but I can include new...
  15. B

lol, yeah probably getting too technical. You are correct, the 14 bolt is a GM corporate axle, like the 10 and 12 bolt axles. On the 3/4 ton and bigger trucks, GM used a mixed of their own axles and dana, ford used dana up until the mid 80s, and dodge used dana until '03 when they switched to...
  16. B

yeah well, it's hardly worth a build thread to do on these. Ford used the same frame and leaf spring mounting points, so its really a bolt in swap. Remove the TTB pivots, unbolt the U-Bolts, disconnect the driveshaft and steering, yank TTB, roll the 60 under there, u bolts, driveshaft, steering...
  17. B

I'd paint the floor too, it would make it brighter as well as making oil such much easier to clean up. Look alot sharper too. Something dad and I did in his shop, we got mismixed paint from the paint store, alot of them will sell stuff they messed up really cheap, and we used that to paint walls...
  18. B

Yeah, I really like full float axles. IMO they should all be if it is a vehicle designed to carry anything or tow, that way all the axle shaft has to do is provide propulsion, not bear any weight. I have a 4.10 10.25 under my 250, and I've worked with a lot of 14 bolts and 60's. Last winter we...
  19. B

yeah, I'm still lurking around, even though I don't have an explorer anymore. (well, I have a wrecked one.) even if you kept the 8 lug, the front's are super easy to convert to 8 lug. Not only did ford/chevy/dodge make a TON of 8 lug D44s/10bolts (The spindles and rotors are interchangable)...
  20. B

gotta love the Dana 50 TTB hiding in the background. I have that under my truck, and you really gotta wonder WTF ford was thinking when they made a TTB system with leaf springs.
  21. B

The cab and chassis axles are actually narrower. They used standard single rear wheel axles since they didn't have to be wide enough to fit under a dually bed. The 3.07 gears were only available on the dana 61 on fords as I recall, the dana 70's shouldn't have a carrier issue. (Dodge used a...
  22. B

91 X by black91EB

grabbed some topless shots today
Back