Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Intermittent stall- 1994

I need help Have a 1994 VIN X, runs great but will suddenlly stall, the volt gauge is then sitting low, approx 8 volts; If you try to restart it the start solenoid just clicks, so then it will restart after about 5 minutes and run fine, for a day maybe. I replaced the negative ground...
  2. B

Cam position sensor

Yes you have a cam sensor!! Trust me, it's there... I went through this problem big time, It is located behind the intake manifold just slightly to the pass. side from center. It is approx. where the distributor would be if it were an old chevy v-8. It is very hard to get at, I removed my...
  3. B

Didn't mean to do it

Hey all; first time in this forum My wifes daily driver is a 2004 xlt, I drive a '94 xlt, (sits mostly as I have a company truck also), Anyway, I have only driven her X three or four times, twice on family outings, heres the thing... I get off the highway and as i stop and then make a...
  4. B

check engine light

ABS Antilock braking system.... My 94 it is located drivers side mid wheel well, right there on top
  5. B

check engine light

The one on the drivers side is probably the ABS connector, Does it have a red cap on it?
  6. B

Does a 93 Explorer XLT 4x4 NO EGR Have a CMP???

Yes to which sensor Mawrazen? As stated in my post, the Crankshaft sensor is used but our model does not use a Camshaft sensor... (Camshaft sensor=CMP) My local Autozone wants 38.99 for the Crank sensor... Is that what your trying to say? Thanks
  7. B

Does a 93 Explorer XLT 4x4 NO EGR Have a CMP???

I have been trying to find the answer to the exact same question for two days.. Exept I have a 94 4.0 So, according to Autozones website (and I quote) "1991-93 and 1991-95 4.0 (VIN X) engines did not use CMP sensors" It goes on to say that 1994 2.3l California engines did. My...
  8. B

Is my '94 EDDIE r134 or r12?

HMMMM.... If i am wrong then I apologize to all..
  9. B

Is my '94 EDDIE r134 or r12?

I know this is an old old old thread but here it is anyway... 1994 was the year of the big CHANGE..... As part of the MONTREAL PROTOCAL federal law said Automakers were to phase out the use of R-12 as a refrigerant in cars by the model year 1994. So having said that, ANY 94 and newer...
  10. B

Advice on CMP sensor access

Hey all As I am a new member I hope this is the correct area to post this question.. 94 4.0 I have a code 214 that comes up 4 seconds after I start the engine.. I have tried several times to clear it, it comes on and stays on, I need access to the CMP. Anyone know any easy ways to get to...
Back