Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

So long ExplorerForum...

Manual. There is a manual shift button on the side of the center console shifter.
  2. B

So long ExplorerForum...

I recently traded in my '04 Explorer for a 2011 Harley Davidson F-150. After having owned 4 Explorers in my age of driving, I don't think I'll ever be going back. Figured I would stop by and say thanks for all the help everyone has given here over the years. Side note, heres the...
  3. B

Card-in-Spoke Type of Sound When Turning right.

I've noticed recently that when traveling at any speed above 20 mph the vehicle will make a humming/vibrating sound (similar to a playing card in a spoke only not as ominous sounding) when turning the wheel to the right. It does not make this sound when turning left, it does not make this...
  4. B

Replaced fuses, radio still not working

Run a dedicated power and ground and see if that helps.
  5. B

No fuel in cold weather - won't start

Couple thoughts: 1) Replace the fuel filter as you mentioned 2) Try a fuel additive. Maybe you have just enough moisture in your fuel line that it freezes in colder temps?
  6. B

lug nuts stuck on front tires..

This. Had to do the same thing on my friends Ranger once.
  7. B

looking for 2009/10 nav

Any particular reason why you wouldn't be looking at an aftermarket unit?
  8. B

Remote start dosent heat up truck

Are the climate control illuminated when you first get in? EDIT: There is a Dark Green/Light Green wire in your ignition harness fo rthe accessory/heather blower wire. Do you have this hooked up?
  9. B

No start problem.

Nope, whichever is easiest to remove.
  10. B

four 15's or five 12's

You have (2) 15s and (2) 12s in the same vehicle? Are they in the same enclosure?
  11. B

No start problem.

Could be any number of things. Pull a plug and see if it sparks when you turn it over
  12. B

Explorer 4.0 OHV - system too lean banks 1 & 2 Please HELP!!!

I had the same problem and code one time and it ended up being the Mass Air Flow sensor. All it took was a can of MAF Cleaner from Autzone, 10 minutes and a heavy dose of the cleaner and everything worked perfectly.
  13. B

2002 Explorer Stealthbox???? and other ?s

1) I haven't personally heard the stealthbox in an explorer. However, it's been my experience that the stealthboxes just don't do anything for me...no matter what vehicle they are in. Now, I don't know what your listening tastes are, but it took (4) 10" Memphis shallow mount subs to reach the...
  14. B

Can you install an Aux jack on an OEM 6 Disc Stereo HU?

So if I'm reading this right, you want to play an MP3 player through your factory headunit? The guy is correct in a sense, I think. You may be able to wire it up, but unless your factory headunit has an AUX button or another input type button (external 6 disc changer), there is no way for...
  15. B

My A-Pillar Tweeter Install

Installing a set of Hybrid Audio Imagine I6-2 components in the X. Tweeters are obviously going in the A-Pillars. This is what I accomplished tonight. It's obviously not done yet...
  16. B

CD player don't work.

Not sure how much help many of us are going to be. If this is an issue with the CD drive in your deck, you'd be better off calling Alpine's tech support.
  17. B

My new 2000 XLS

:cool: Based on the side to side motion...I take it that you mean the power mirrors and not the power windows?
  18. B

Please help me with wiring question

Your ignition wire is in the ignition harness. The ignition harness is under the steering column, not in the drivers kick panel. You need to take off the under dash panel under the steering column to access it. Go to the following link and click on the 2004-2005 Ford Explorer. This will show...
  19. B

Second Battery Question

If you have a regular ole battery, you need one of these.... http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/NOC0/HM300BK.oap?pt=N0357&ppt=C0005 ...if you are going to mount it in the cab. Not only that, you need to vent it to the outside of the vehicle.
  20. B

Second Battery Question

Ok, let me address several points. 1) You can use several types of batteries. However, unless you are running a sealed AGM type battery (Optima or Kinetic brand) you will need to install a battery box and vent the battery to the outside. 2) You are correct. If you are running a normal...
  21. B

Towing performance chips

How much, if I may ask, are you trying to tow?
  22. B

Started on my amp rack

Thanks. I wish I shared your enthusiasm. As I no longer have a garage to work out of (apartment) I just don't see any easy way to finish that panel. It's one of those projects that you just dread haha. Should make some good progress by the end of the week, however.
  23. B

Started on my amp rack

Yep. Filled any pits with glazing putty. Sanded. 3 Coats of Filler Primer then put about 4 coats a flat black automotive lacquer
  24. B

Started on my amp rack

Ok, so the box is now totally complete. All I have left is to finish the trim panel and all will be good. I decided to paint the top of the baffle flat black.
  25. B

Best Way To Remove Oil Filter

For problem filters I usually just jam a screwdriver in it...as has already been described
Back