Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Hi-Truck descrption-Advice?

Thank you grave flower. Just glade I could help! Make sure you get a good set of wires Premium plug wires from napa are like 75bux they have a life time warranty there worth every penny. I would go with a set of motorcraft or bosch plugs. I really wouldn't replace you MAF sensor its...
  2. W

The ticking could very well be spark plugs wires arcing in a certain rpm range. Where the energy they are transferring is too great for the wore out casing (on old spark plug wires) to hold inn. When it gets dark out. Fire up you truck and inspect and trace your spark plug wires. They should...
  3. W

Violent shaking when accelerating

From what I'm told about converters they go bad gradually, but when they go you'll know(I've honestly never had one go bad on me yet). Your O2 sensor is after the converters so your computer should give you a check engine light, because the sensor will not get correct readings anymore. It will...
  4. W

describe the "ticking" if you are standing in front of the truck and you are pulling the throttle linkage to make the engine rpms rise can you hear the ticking? and where do you think it is comming from? does it go away after a certain rpm? does it get loader at any point?
  5. W

to add to what cruiser64 said, Spray the maf several times form different angles. Make sure you buy MAFS CLEANER specifically. Its more expensive then brake cleaner or carb cleaner. Also be careful when you take your air inlet tube off. There is are wires connected to the sensor you dont...
  6. W

let me know about the fuel filter.... and if you pass emissions i dont see a need to change the converters. I dont see how pumping the pedal will help..... thats the point of having a fuel pump because it pressurizes the system for start up. I would throw a fuel pressure tester on there for...
  7. W

Ny V8 is leaking gas - can you tell what this part is?

hmm i would use a 3 part system cleaner like "QMI" mite save u going to pepboys.....cars dont like em and people hate there prices
  8. W

I need help getting my truck started.

no problem glade to hear it got fixed sorry i count help sooner have had very many family issue/computer problem off and on keeping me very tied up and off the computer for a large amount of time.....
  9. W

Ny V8 is leaking gas - can you tell what this part is?

5 mpg is extreme too me. seems like you have a bigger issue to worry about do you have a CEL? if you getting 5mpg your ex should be running very poorly....
  10. W

New exhaust at tax time.

sweet thank you!
  11. W

I need help getting my truck started.

can you post up a picture of the remote?
  12. W

Is you C-E-L on? This will provide us will good in tell on the problem at hand. VIA engine codes Clean ur MAF sensor its prolly really caked up. Do a complete tune up. thats what i suggest with the info you've givin. IF the filter was that jacked you can pretty much bet they never changed the...
  13. W

Explorer doesnt start after running out of fuel *Resolved*

this is one of those thing that i will copy and paste into my little archive of need to now quick reference things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much for this little tid bit!
  14. W

New exhaust at tax time.

Ok fellas. What are you suggestions. 1999 Mercury Montianeer 5.0L awd Modifications K&N filter in stock air box with modifications too box JBA 8mm wires (with Cool-It boot protectors) Diamond E3 plugs B&M street strip stage 2 shift kit Duals cherry bombs What i had. Stock...
  15. W

revodell Could be out of balance tires as well. It's cheap to get the balanced and couldn't hurt. If you still think is a fuel issue change your fuel filter and get a fuel pressure tester. Someone who remembers better correct me if I am wrong. I believe it needs to be above 62psi at...
  16. W

5.0 trans. compatibility

this just accured to me and to problem is probably already fixed but what about a shift solenoid?
  17. W

5-0 performance parts

i've had a set of accels and msd both fried on me screw it im sticking to motorcraft!
  18. W

5.0 Exhaust Thread

i have stock manifolds down tubes stock primary and secondary cats from there i have 2.5inch stainless steel mandrel bent tubing to dual cherry bombs accompanied by more mandrel bent tubes out two 2.75inch by 10inch megaphone tips sounds absolutely wonderful all welded no muffler clamps
  19. W

this is a weird one...

thats what im hoping!!!!
  20. W

this is a weird one...

friggin alternator took a crap today...after i replaced that i found out something new bout my truck my spark plug wires are arc-ing on everthing and anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not cool anybody recommend a good set of 9mm wires? i have a set of jba's on there now....
  21. W

this is a weird one...

ok cool thanx ed!
  22. W

this is a weird one...

are those the really expensive ones at autozone? and advanced?like $250+
  23. W

this is a weird one...

off on a tangent thinking about my truck could a cam positioning sensor be causing my hesitation problems as well? because of timing being off?
  24. W

this is a weird one...

lol u got that rite...
  25. W

this is a weird one...

What does VMV stand for so i can look it up in my haines manual... figured it out sorry just got offa 12 hr **** and its a little after 2am here vapor management valve
Back