Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

No Interior Illumination

Hey Everyone, I have a 2000 Limited and my interior light (Cluster, all switches and buttons) have recently stopped working, if i were to unplug the dimmer module and plug it back in the lights would all work for about an hour than stop again. So i replaced the dimmer switch/module and still...
  2. D

No Dash Lights :S

Hey Everyone, my interior lights have been working on and off for the past few days. If i were to unplug my dimmer switch and plug it back in they would work for a bit. I just replaced the dimmer switch and still nothing they do not work, all the parking lights on the outside work fine just...
  3. D

Transmission Options

is this an unreasonable job to do in the driveway??
  4. D

Transmission Options

they are both 4wd just was not sure because of the motor difference or the length, Thank you very much
  5. D

Transmission Options

just a quick question, would a transmission from a 1999 sport with the ohv motor fit in a 2000 with the sohc 4 door??? thank you
  6. D

Noise from intake??

Hey everyone, i have a 2000 Limited with the 4.0 SOHC engine and i just finished replacing top timing chain tentioner, thermostat, upper and lower intake manifold gaskets and idle air controller, i started it up and it is making a wooooooooo noise from the intake, it is also throwing a P0340...
  7. D

Power Locks Dont Work

It unlocks fine with the code but if I push the last two buttons it will not lock, when I hit lock on the remote it honks as if it locked but it does not
  8. D

Power Locks Dont Work

hello everyone, my 2000 Explorer Limited will not lock with either the key fob or the keypad on the door, the switch on the door works perfectly fine. Could it be the module in the jack compartment? Help is greatly appreciated, Thank you
  9. D

Power door locks dont work

hey everyone i am having a problem with my power door locks, non of the switches work, all fuses are good, and the keypad on the door does not work, any ideas, help is greatly appreciated
  10. D

Brown Smoke????

thanks for your help, wires were done when i bought it 3 years ago, should i replace them again? and spark plugs probably a year ago
  11. D

Brown Smoke????

cranked it twice and on the third time it fired. it was the morning so pretty cold, but i had already pulled it out of the driveway and it was fine that time, except when i went to go start it a minute later it did this. and i havent noticed any problems lately, thanks for your help
  12. D

Brown Smoke????

Hey everyone, I started my explorer this morning to move it on the road, realised i had to leave after i shut it off, when i went to go restart it, it was cranking but would not start, finally it started and shot out a huge cloud of brown smoke and was then gone. Any idea on what this was, i...
  13. D

Sister-in-law hit a tree, worht fixing?

Do any of you know how hard it is to replace the lower control arm??? i replaced the tie rod and realised that the tire is pushed back into the wheel well because the arm is pushed back
  14. D

can i use the fender/hood/rad support/bumper from a 4 door explorer? or does it have to be a 2 door??
  15. D

will i have to do any welding for the radiator support??
  16. D

The laneway is only a 3 car Laneway but she pulled out and after about 2 houses there is a sharp bend and right after the bend is where she lost control its probably about 6 houses away, the cop tried to say that she must have been flying but I'm not sure how fast you could get that thing going...
  17. D

any ideas on the no power brake issue, the booster looks ok??
  18. D

hey everyone, i decided to chek it all out and start it up. the belt was not on so i knew none of the pulleys would be going, the thing fired up like nothing after sitting for 3 months in the cold and with the exception of the broken tie rod it moves, no check engine light, the only thing i...
  19. D

fuel economy

the parking brake has never worked, the air filter probably need to be cleaned it has had new fuel filter new plugs and wires were done 2 years ago, sometimes it warms up more than others. the transmission is good but I do most of my driving in the city
  20. D

fuel economy

hey everyone, I have a 2000 Limited with the 4.0 Litre SOHC and my screen is saying im getting 11.4 mpg yesterday I went through $40 in gas and did maybe 100 kms is this normal? no check engine light performance changes sometimes. any help is appreciated,Thanks
  21. D

she only had the thing for a month, and i did all the work on it :( should i try to get the battery out and try to start it??
  22. D

i cant get a parts explorer for around $400, they wanted $350 a piece for the air bags from the wreckers Here are some more pics http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz279/Danson1391/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ15
  23. D

hey everyone my sister-in-law had pulled out of her laneway and went around a bend to find that someone had been sliding towards her so she tried to go around but could not correct and hit a tree, do you guys think it can be fixed or worth fixing, it has 130000 (80000 Miles) kms on it, and from...
  24. D

Bad Fuel Economy

i havent checked the tire pressure but they dont look like they are low, if they are a little low how much would that affect fuel economy
  25. D

Bad Fuel Economy

nope it has been perfect, the gas just started to get bad a couple days ago. the engine was done a year ago and has been fine since then i was getting 14 MPG up until a few days ago, it heats up fine and i have never cleaned the MAF
Back