Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

hot drivers side ac and high idle

07 x 58k miles, Lately the engine has been revving intermittently during idle. It will idle at 1250rpm then jump to 1750rpm for only 2 seconds then go back to 1250rpm for about 5 seconds then back to revving. this only happens when the air conditioning is on. Also the drivers side AC is not...
  2. R

Coils 3rd gen to 4th yes or no

alright, if the answer is out there sorry, however after a couple days of research and lurking I cant find the right answer. So a definite yes or no would be great. Are the coils on the 3rd gen the same as the 4th?
  3. R

1" lift on 32's?

I know there is a thread on lifts and max tire sizes but there isnt really one for 4th gens at least that I could find. Will a 1" lift fit 32" tires on stock 17" rims? I have 5.5 inches of lift but I am planning on taking out my truxxx lift and actually lowering it by 2inches thus only leavng my...
  4. R

Brake lines?

Any one ever put on stainless steel brake lines on their X? I heard that it makes the pedal a little more firm and not so "squishy"? A little more responsive. Anyone have any ideas or input on this, if its true or not? Also, where to get some if it is actually true? Thanks in advance. Also...
  5. R

class 2 hitch blows

I got my X with the full intent of not towing a damn thing. However my buddy had a boat roughly 4k lbs. So Like a good friend I went out and purchased a receiver and ball for the boat. Figuring whats 500lbs over the rated limit for 2 miles on nice flat florida roads. Well class two hitches blow...
  6. R

60,000 Mile service??

What all is entailed in the 60k service. I went to the shop down the street, and they told me trans fluid, diff fluid, radiator flush, spark plugs, ignition wires oil change. I have no idea if this is correct since I do not have a manual and I dont know if there is more I need to be doing or...
  7. R

Replacing struts

At what mileage should I be replacing my struts. Currently the guy at my local shop told me 50k. Which for me it in 1000 miles. I saw another guy on here that replaced them at 59k. Any specific mileage or until they start failing? Thanks
  8. R

chrome plastic piece on top of shifter?

I have an 07 x and my chrome cap broke when my brother was being a d-bag in my truck. I went to ford and they said the only way to get the cap was to purchase the whole shifter assembly which is $250.00. Kinda pissed... Anyone know where I could get one or anyone want to part with theirs? Any...
  9. R

05 drop springs on 4th gen?

I have a 4th gen X and like a lot of people want to lower it. I hear from another thread that the 3rd gens have our coilovers on all 4 corners. I am wondering if anyone has used 3rd gen drop springs for their coilovers on 4th gens? Or if anyone knows if this will work? Any info would be...
  10. R

decent exhaust cutting tool?

Hey just bought a 30$ cutting tool from sears. Well the cutting wheel chipped and then the whole thing had catastrophic failure. Does anyone know of a better tool to cut exhaust. I got about halfway through before it took a dump. I do have a sawsall and other items but i just dont have acess to...
  11. R

Exhaust re-routing.

Hey I just finished a 3" body lift on my x and I have a gap inbetween the hitch and the bumper. Im going to cut out a section of the exhaust(remove resonator) and put dual tips out where the gap is. And here is the exhaust section that is made up. Let me know what you guys...
  12. R

Anyone running skinny 35's In treasure coast?

Hey I live in jensen beach florida and was wondering if anyone has some skinny 35's i could test fit on my x? 35x10.5? I could also get to the sw coast like ft. myers naples area too. I really just wanna see how much they rub and how much more i would have to lift. (im at 5.5 inches of lift now)
  13. R

4th gen body lift is installed!!!!!!!

WHOOOOO!!!!!! Its in and I couldnt be happier. Took about 9hours with a lunch break and a couple runs to ace hardware(Just wouldnt count how many bolts we needed). But now its three inches higher and the running boards are back on and it looks great. Ill do a full writeup on it in the next...
  14. R

sct tuner which one?

Hey guys I am looking into getting an sct tuner for my 4.0. I want some extra power... well I want alot of power but a supercharger is just outta my price range. That and when I go on long trips I want some better gas mileage. There are just so damn many different ones anyone got any ideas on...
  15. R

4th gen body lift going in soon!

Hey everybody I got a pa883 body lift for about 120 bucks. Me and my buddy are putting this thing in on the 25th and the 26th. Ill try and take as many pics and do a writeup on this. Everything will end up being posted on my cardomin page cuz I have no idea how to post pics here. But Ill let...
  16. R

2" wheel spacers

I just pulled the trigger on a set of ezaccesory 2" aluminum wheel spacers. they have pressed 1/2" Studs and nuts included. Just ordered them about a minute ago and they said they should arrive not shipped but at my door by friday. If this is so thats pretty sweet. They cost 58 for a set and...
  17. R

seat belt removal Font Drivers side and passenger side

Hey Got an 07 x. want to suede up everything. I tried to remove the plastic panel where the seat belt is mounted. No idea how to get it off without destroying something. Anyone have any idea how to remove the seat belt. The part that goes up and down for short or tall people? It would be much...
  18. R

How to remove driver seat belt

Hey Got an 07 x. want to suede up everything. I tried to remove the plastic panel where the seat belt is mounted. No idea how to get it off without destroying something. Anyone have any idea how to remove the seat belt. The part that goes up and down for short or tall people? It would be much...
  19. R

Suede Headliner?

Hey everyone 07x with two tone tan interior. I want to suede headliner and all pillars. i want to get something as close to the color of my stock headliner so it doesnt look like it was modded but when someone gets in the car they are like "oh **** you have a new headliner and pillars. The only...
  20. R

Rancho quick lift and spacers?!?

Hey guys Right now I have a 2007 expy 2wd. I have truxxx spacer so its 2 inch rear 2.25 back on 32's. I know people have had roadbully spacers at 3" front and back. Anyone think I can get the rancho quicklift 1" lift and put my truxxx spacer on it for 3 inches in front and 3.25 in rear...
  21. R

Wanted pa883 body lift kit!

Hey I am looking for a pa883 ranger body lift kit 3". Pm me if you want to sell one!
  22. R

Ranger body lift on X?

Hey everyone I have a 07 x. I saw an 06 with a ranger body lift kit. I can find the link but if anyone knows if this will actually work and which kit. Also what other modificfations will need to be done. Steering drivetrain etc...? I also just purchased a truxxx lift kit. 2.5 in front 1.5 in...
  23. R

suspension differences between 05 and 07?

I know there are no lowering kits for an 07 explorer. I have come to terms wit that one, but I was wonderin what are the diffrerences between the 05 and the 07. If i get a set of 2005 drop springs for my 07 would they fit? What kinds of modifications would I need to do? Or is this just not even...
  24. R

2007 Explorer lowering kits????

Anyone know where to get a lowering kit for the 2007 explorer??? I have looked all over the place and cant find a da,mn thing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
  25. R

wheel offset for 2007 eddie bauer

I have a 07 eddie with 17 inch stock rims. I want to get 24x10inch rims but I need the offset to be perfect or they will rub all over the place. Can anyone help me find the correct offset of my x. THANKS!!!
Back