Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

cruise control stuck on - please help

so did you fix the problem?
  2. D

idle issues

I had some problems with my idle, turned out to be the vacuum hose going to the charcoal canister. The rubber 90 failed. and was drawing air. it had tiny pin holes in it. I don't know how I posted this twice, oops.
  3. D

idle issues

I had some problems with my idle, turned out to be the vacuum hose going to the charcoal canister. The rubber 90 failed. and was drawing air.
  4. D

weird mirror switch problem...

Do a write up, with pics! I'll read it. I'll take my switch apart this weekend to see if we had the same problem. I do recall some smoke, but the x didn't burn to the ground...so probably the same? Thanks for the info, can't wait to see the write up.
  5. D

Frame Mounted Trailer Hitches

mr cribb, I have a 92 with a u-haul hitch from a 98 that bolted up just fine, but you have to drill 2 holes to make use of all the mounting locations. took about an hour. total spent $38
  6. D

not sure if my motor is running 100%

I think the hp of these is somewhere in the neighborhood of 155 or so. no burn outs but you feel free to brake real hard its kinda like a burn out in reverse.:)
  7. D

Exhaust manifold... cracked help!

sure you can drive it but the excess heat will eventually damage other things close to the leak. um, i don't know of any products that would seal up the hole under such adverse conditions. probably hard to weld (not impossible)........ just put aside some cash from a couple of pay checks- skip a...
  8. D

Oil leak getting worse-OHV

yep valve cover gaskets ..... right out the back, down the block, onto the ground. install a set of "spreaders" and get rid of the cork gaskets if you have them. go with the rubbers from fel-pro.
  9. D

Air Conditioning Compressor

there are dyes you can add to the system and then try to detect with a uv flashlight and glasses that make it even easier to see, but.... if the accumulator has been exposed to atmospheric pressure for any length of time it needs to be replaced. please read this...
  10. D

'94 explorer erratic idle, changing RPM at random

have you checked the vacuum fittings at the evap. canister? i was just having a bunch of trouble, some of your same codes, replaced the vacuum line between the evap. canister and the throttle body and the codes are gone and the truck runs right as rain.
  11. D

you put in 1 12oz can? you need to put more in the sys. to be fully charged. There are some excellent AC posts in the ac forum. you really should read about what others have tried before. things like pulling a vacuum, looking around hose connections for oily residue, just general ideas of...
  12. D

pull the pressure connector off the accumulator (the pill shaped part with the pipes protruding from the top, passenger side engine compartment) use a paper clip to jumper it (put the paper clip in the plug not the accumulator) and turn on your A/C. if it turns on it works if not you know its...
  13. D

BEST PLUGS for a stock 4.0 OHV...?

type "laser plugs" in the search bar. they don't seem too far off.
  14. D

BEST PLUGS for a stock 4.0 OHV...?

i'm going to install some laser plugs then i'll only post on the modified 91-94 explorer forum....yeah right ;)
  15. D

Help with iding a plug?

both the blue and yellow. that harness goes straight back to sub-woofer amp. you should not tie into this circuit just use an accessory circuit.
  16. D

evap canister

hey all. so i'm drivin' around tonight and all of a sudden my CEL goes on and stays on. So I stop, get the flashlight and all I can see is a broken/brittle evap hose. will that throw a vacuum code? thanks everyone.
  17. D

Help with iding a plug?

that is the factory amp wiring for the jbl subwoofer.
  18. D

HELP! No fuel no crank totally lost

fuel pump shut off switch? passengers side floorboard try pressing the button
  19. D

Cant Figure Out Overheating

your radiator cap could have failed and wont hold the pressure in the system while your moving slowly around town. no visible leaks but venting pressure and lowering boiling point. its worth a try.
  20. D

weird mirror switch problem...

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..... but i am experiencing the exact same problem right now. maybe you found a solution?
  21. D

Dedicated recirculated air button-1st gen

whats the point? lets say you want to recirculate the air all the time, not just through the front panel vents. why not just use the "max a/c" position like everybody else? I'd like to enjoy some recirculated air when I have the blend door set to panel/floor or just floor.
  22. D

Dedicated recirculated air button-1st gen

I want to do a Dedicated recirculated air button on my X and then tie it in with a heater bypass valve. Has anyone done this who would like to share? I think I might do this and try to make a DIY for others who are interested. :feedback:
  23. D

AC Heater Hose Mod option?

mod done! 45 min now for the solenoid.
  24. D

Desperatly seeking A/C help...

on accumulator systems the compressor cycles to maintain the correct pressure/temp. The blend door might be worth investigating.
  25. D

a/c no worky

:roll:
Back