Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 recurring starting prob

tower, Thanks for the comment but I forgot to mention that I had the fuel filter changed at the same time as the fuel pump. Loko498, Thanks for the message. Do you find that pressing the gas pedal helps? I just hope that the fuel pump doesn't fail again. Thanks,
  2. S

2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 recurring starting prob

Hello, I have a 2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 that I have had a recurring starting problem: About a year ago, the Explorer would just keep cranking without starting. I tried resetting the fuel pump but no help. My car was parked a long time so, I tried putting a can of Heet in the fuel tank and...
  3. S

Need to replace the 4x4 control module... have a few questions.

Replaced my module and it fixed all problems. Works great and Explorer now shifts into both 4X4 HI and LOW. Best price was from autopartstomorrow.com for $168 including free fedex shipping. I ordered it in the evening and had it the next day. My P/N was TM-153 (1L2Z-7E453-A)
  4. S

02 explorer liftgate will not open

Same Problem! I didn't see any responses for the aboove question but I have the exact same problem. If I open and then close the glass, I get a little bit of tension on the handle but I still cannot open it. Any ideas? Thanks,:)
  5. S

Who has a 2002 XLT??

I have a 2002 XLT with the V6, CD, running boards & tow package! I bought it in Feb. It has about 3000 miles on it. Great Truck! No problems, so far. I'm hoping the mileage improves after a few more miles on it. Highly recommend it! :bounce:
  6. S

2002 XLT Transmissions

Yes, I believe the new V8 comes with a 5 speed transmission.
  7. S

2002 XLT Transmissions

I am seriously thinking about buying the 2002 XLT's. I've read that some people have had transmission problems with them. I will not be doing any towing with it. I was leaning towards the V6 but will get the V8 if the transmissions are better. Do the V6 and the V8 have the same 5-speed...
Back