Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

yeah, Geemoney, I would remove the door panel and listen for anything binding, and also make sure you have all your electrical connections out of the way of the moving window. Most of the electrical connections will have a holding spot that plugs into the door itself.
  2. E

In other words, the markings will be on opposite sides of each other
  3. E

I had this same problem when I did all my windows, it was funny at the time, but the problem was not in the switch, it was in the housing, your going to have to unbolt the 4 screws and turn the housing around 180 and bolt it back up again to get the correct up/down operation. Make sure before...
  4. E

did you get all the broken pieces of the old bushings out? Cause it sounds like you didn't and its just jammed in place, also, did you window motor work before you took it apart? as in did it make a humming noise(operation sound) but it just didn't move the window up or down.
  5. E

notice the tiny blue wire i used to hold the motor brushes in to get the motor back together........... oh yeh in the last pic i used a magnet to hold the bolt on my socket This is where im stuck at:( lol I left out the springs for the motor brushes, umm the string Idea sounds awsome...
  6. E

Replacing Thermostat

oh yeah and one more thing, you should keep and eye on your overflow tank, to make sure its not bone dry, and to check the rubber line running to it from the radiator. Also check your coolant level every morning just to make sure your not leaking any
  7. E

Replacing Thermostat

I never did get around to turning my thermostat tap in the correct 12 o clock position. After replacing the radiator hoses cause they worn/swollen like hell, and the radiator cause it had a small pin hole crack. Eventually(even before I replaced my radiator) my temp hand stopped moving back and...
  8. E

radiator recommendations

I got a problem, my radiator started to leak on me, so I figured no big deal I would just replace it. I got a new one(smaller, and not as thick) as my old one. and it bolts up fine. Only problem is my fan shroud won't fit the bottle tabs on the radiator itself because the bottom tabs on the...
  9. E

Replacing Thermostat

dang, now that I think about it, I never did put my lil trap on the thermastat at the 12:00 position, cause Im also having fluctuating problems. Mine fluctuates from N(in Normal) to the R(in Normal) and it can be 30 degrees outside. Sure glad I found this thread though, I know what im gonna be...
  10. E

my diy 4.0 ohv turbo build

looks nice and glad to hear its still rolling strong, have you still not gotten any horsepower numbers yet, or are you gonna wait till you get FMU and wideband?
  11. E

How is ya truck doing nowdays:D
  12. E

coolant leak!!! HELP!!!

well I ended up getting mine done during the week of thanksgiving, and it solved my coolant leak:D, lol now I have a crack in my radiator and my driver side door handle is so loose it won't open the door from the outside. Oh well 1 problem down more to go, thanks for the info
  13. E

Intake manifold gasket 94682

what brand gasket did you end up getting?
  14. E

can I see the pictures, cause I have this same problem. my felpro gasket I went and bought covers everything but the front and back area of my engine block, and all the parts said kept saying was to use the rtv to cover those areas
  15. E

coolant leak!!! HELP!!!

the ends on the felpro gasket are diffrent from the factory gasket.......is that just the area you have to use the rtv to make up for uncovered area. Also does anyone know the torque specs for the lower intake manifold, and the upper intake manifold
  16. E

im not sure what casting flash is, but when I look through the ducts of my lower intake manifold I can see alot of carbon/dirt in them, umm do you happen to know the best way to clean that out
  17. E

coolant leak!!! HELP!!!

does the felpro gasket set work pretty good as solving a lower intake gasket leak?
  18. E

Would that same part number you mentioned before work with a 93 ford explorer(lower intake gasket wise), cause I also have to replace my lower intake gasket and I want to make sure I get the right one. Also where should the rtv be placed when your putting the gasket on to insure a complete seal?
  19. E

Hard to trace coolant leak + intake q

I would like to know where to place the rtv also on the lower intake gasket
  20. E

the coolant leak I have doesn't seem to be head gasket, just because its running smoothly with no white smoke(burning of coolant). Im thinking its gonna be my lower intake gasket. Also do you happen to know of a good way to clean up the upper and lower intake manifold pieces
  21. E

hey man, umm when you did you head gaskets did you have to adjust your timing, or did you simply remove the heads replace the gasket bolt the heads back down just asking cause I have a coolant leak on my truck
  22. E

when you said this:"i dont get any detonation at 5 psi just when i try and pull it higher" can you go WOT at 5psi and not have any detonation happening, oh and also are you still running open loop?
  23. E

yeh I realized it wasn't a v6 after I watched the video twice:D.......ither way it sounds good
  24. E

dam it sounds good in that video, a v6 explorer with some v8 sound:D......umm does your MPH gauge not work any more??:eek:
Back