Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Explorer 2004 parasitic drain engine fuse #15

I don't drive my 02 as much as I used to. Every once in a while noticed it cranking slower then normal. Thought the battery was going after jumping it twice in one day. Brought the truck home, and was ready to change the battery and noticed (but forgot) it was only 2 yrs old. Then started to...
  2. R

What is a good part number for rear caliper.

I bought powerstop from Amazon. Great fit as a set I returned from rock auto had large ID at piston and inner pads wouldn't snap in.
  3. R

What is a good part number for rear caliper.

Bought a set that had ID piston too big. It measured 1 1/2 in id, and my oem is like 3/4 in. If too big, the inner pad of rear brakes won't snap into piston. I'm looking at powerstop S4754, but no info on the piston size. 2002 limited
  4. R

coolant leak lower housing 4.6

Yes. Uploading to my YouTube channel. Will post when complete
  5. R

5R55W may or may not go in gear on start up and stops pulling after coasting randomly

The Servo fix corrected my slow engagement on my 02. Was slow for years but when I recently had only 1st and 4th gear along with no overdrive I replaced the servos with the o ring shaft. Ran about 200 miles until it fixed it. Then all gears were back and it goes right into reverse or drive right...
  6. R

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Take pictures before disassembling parking brake. Just a suggestion
  7. R

How long did your Servo Bore "O-Ring Fix" last

When I left a restaurant yesterday after more than 200 miles driven since servo replacement it now shifts into all gears including overdrive. Cleared codes when I left for work and monitored live data. Verified it definitely is going into OD. Only code when I arrived at work is a P1000...
  8. R

Yep, adjusted bands and cleared memory. Only went maybe 40 mi so far. What codes did you have and is it fixed?
  9. R

Ordered kit for last Saturday priority express but servos didnt arrive till Monday. Installed using Boelube. Put it all back together but no change in shifting. No longer have P1780 or P1703, but still have P0741, P0732, P0733, and now have P0735. Not sure where to go from here. Valve body...
  10. R

It's all on order and should be here tomorrow. I spoke to the guy who owns the company.had trouble ordering as it wouldn't go through when I added instruction download. His advice was to push it in relatively fast. Something about o rings swelling. Anyway, I'll wait for parts and keep you posted.
  11. R

Got it apart. Need to order parts. Smaller one does seem a little sloppy and was hard to pull out after snap ring out compared to larger servo
  12. R

Got one out. The bigger
  13. R

Cant get snap rings off. Dropped exhaust tll it rests on trans support. Pliers flex a lot. Ground tips to fit snap ring
  14. R

Yes, and I always did let off trying to get it to shift awaiting the slam. Doesnt always do the shift though until it gets moving fast enough. I just got 2 sets of harbor freight long reach needle nose pliers. Headed back home to tear into it again. Quick stop to Sam's as they finally have ribs...
  15. R

Backing up takes a few seconds to engage. Then can go into 1st, but revs very high before eventually slamming into higher gear. Then after going into I believe 3rd will get OD light. Wont ever hit OD and revs just over 3000 at 70.
  16. R

I have 184,000 mi. Get P0741, P0732, P0733, P0735, P1703, P1780 codes. OD flashes, and check transmission. Good continuity thru solenoids when checked at firewall conector to removed fuse.
  17. R

Is there always a P0775 associated with the bad servo bore? That's a code I dont have. Scanned several times.
  18. R

Just got the pan and filter and heat shields off. Fluid dark red, doesnt smell burned a d no debris in pan. Checked bands by turning in a couple turns making sure jam nut wasn't causing center bolt to stop. After a couple turns each band it got tight so I'd say they are good. Backed off a couple...
  19. R

Thabks. Their video seems to have you profile the edge of the bore. Gonna tear into it tomorrow.
  20. R

They refer to it as an assembly sleeve. https://www.aj1esuperiorsolutions.com/ford-servo-bore-fix.html
Back