Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What is a good part number for rear caliper.

Bought a set that had ID piston too big. It measured 1 1/2 in id, and my oem is like 3/4 in. If too big, the inner pad of rear brakes won't snap into piston. I'm looking at powerstop S4754, but no info on the piston size. 2002 limited
  2. R

Code alarm won't crank. Light blinks twice.

Hi, I used to post a lot on this forum years ago but really haven't had issues I couldn't figure out until recently. My remote start hasn't worked for over a year and due to it being so cold I thought I'd take a look at it yesterday. It did appear that the remote start would make an several...
  3. R

Is this normal defrost operation 02 w/ dual control

My limited 02 seemed to have very little airflow this past spring. Looking into it today I noticed that I do get good airflow when I adjust the temp very low, but if I adjust the temp higher, u can hear a vacuum valve move and defrost air drops way down and almost all air is directed to the...
  4. R

Replacement sunroof seal. Who sells them

I've looked through threads and dont see where you can buy an aftermarket sunroof seal for my 02 limited explorer. Drains are not clogged. Only posts I've seen are how to unclog the drains. Anybody know who sell the seals?
  5. R

02 explorer Sony xplod install

I have a 02 explorer with factory 6 cd changer / radio. Would like to install my son's old Sony xplod radio model cdx-gt62IPW with PAC universal steering wheel control interface. Are there wire Harness adapters that will make installation easier with minimal splicing, and faceplate adapters for...
  6. R

Question (s) as / before replacing timing chain

Gearing up to replace timing chain on my 02 Limited 4.6 Romeo eng (W in VIN#). I received the Cloyes timing set. No gasket was included for the tensioners. Shouldn't there be a gasket under the tensioner? Didn't take the eng apart yet. Also, one of the cam sprockets has what looks like a...
  7. R

4.6 valve cover seal question

I just ordered my valve cover seals from rock. Felpro part number vs50377r1. States it does not come with grommets. Haven't pulled covers off yet and wondering what these 8 grommets are for. 4.6 L 2002 limited. Doing timing chain, wp and tensioners.
  8. R

pump out tank

Hi. I have a 99 mountaineer that I need to change the intermittent fuel pump on. I bypassed the pump relay and turmed the key after running a hose from the fuel rail fitting (valve core removed). Pump turns on for a few seconds but shuts off. What else needs bypassed to drain the tank. I just...
  9. R

coolant leak lower housing 4.6

I have an 02 4.6 with a coolant leak below thermostat. Leak is at the lower aluminum housing that spans over to the right side if the engine. I know the manifold does have to ve removed to get to the gasket (hopefully thats all that is bad). Where can I find a plastic manifold with the aluminum...
  10. R

how do I know if I have a 4.6 windsor eng in my 02 limited

I'm looking into replacing my timing chains in my 02 limited with a 4.6. It has 139k on it now with no current problems but just feel it's time to replace the chains. Found a Cloyes brand set but need to verify I have a windsor engine first. Is there any way to confirm this prior to tearing it...
  11. R

Sound in dash on start

After looking thru several blend door posts I don't see this issue posted so here goes. When I start my 02 limited, I hear something that sounds like plastic drop in the aircond / heater below the dask on passenger side. It seems like all of the heater functions are ok as far as blowing thru...
  12. R

IAC going bad?

Due to long history of an intermittant shutter during idle I have cleaned (& lubed) my IAC valve on my '02 Limited 4.6 V8. Autozone says the replacement depends on the build year (mine is 6-02), but Advanced had no problem ordering one and said it would only be around $40. The old one most...
  13. R

side mirror light

2002 Limited. How can I replace the lower light bulb built into the side mirror? Does the whole mirror need to be removed?
  14. R

Av track message & grind when put into park

I have a 02 Limited 4.6 V8 explorer. Av Track off message displayed, Av track "disengage switch" would not turn it back on or off, & 4wd lo & hi lights on. Eng would rev, but wouldnt move in "drive" or reverse. When wife started to put it into park, it seems like gears were grinding. When I...
  15. R

4th gen problems

Do the 4th gen explorers have the same problems as 3rd gen, such as broken rear springs & wheel bearing wearing out frequently?
  16. R

Ad

Any idea whay this site is advertising GMC trucks?
  17. R

Doesn't make sense MAF or pump

I just made it home from work after stalling many times , poor acceleration & poor idle. My '94 with 4.0 did get me home though. When going Key On Eng Off the fuel pump sounds like it's sucking air with a cavitating sound before eventually coming up to pressure & turning off (like it should)...
  18. R

EATC location?

After searching the website I still can not find any info on where the temp control module (EATC) is located on my '02 explorer limited (with dual climate controls). Can someone point me in the right direction?
  19. R

EATC Temp module location?

After searching the website I still can not find any info on where the temp control module (EATC) is located on my '02 explorer limited (with dual climate controls). Can someone point me in the right direction?
  20. R

Intake manifold gasket 94682

Just a note: Went to replace my lower intake gasket on my '94 explore & fount it won't completely cover the intake mating surface (though the ports align). After some searching I did find the correct PN is a 946821 , and not a 94682. Apparently I have a '95 engine in my truck. I do have...
  21. R

Body Mount

After hearing a chirp from the right front area of my 02 limited, I discovered it is coming from the body mount that is below the forward hinge point of the front passenger door (right fwd mount). There is metal to metal contact where the mount (rubber bushing) goes thru the bracket mount hole...
  22. R

Worn Autohub pics

Worn delete
  23. R

Steel wheels

Anyone know if Chrome steel wheels are the standard on a 2002 limited?
  24. R

Limited

For the past two weeks I have been looking for a V8 to test drive in my area, as I just want to see what a V8 has compared to the V6 4.0. Something around a 2002. The newspaper did not show anything in my area, so I asked a few dealers if they see something to give me a ring. Yesterday I had...
  25. R

Brakes grab when it's wet outside

I've hadthis problem for over a year. When it's raining outside, and my explorer is in the garage (or parked outside) my brakes will grab. This only happens until it's driven for a little while. I have replaced the front pads and changed all of the brake fluid, & it hasn't helped. It seems...
Back