Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Today is the day I embark on a V8 swap....

I bought a 5.0 engine out of a guy's mustang. I'm also buying a 99 mountaineer later today. I'm going to keep reading before I start wrenching but I'm tired of hearing about this swap and being too timid to try it. I wouldn't mind some help. Anyone in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky or Dayton...
  2. P

Soooo no more 4" superlift kits?

I just discovered that this was the case, is there a similar kit out there?
  3. P

02 4x4 sport trac.... wanting to install the 17" torque thrust style wheels from a mustang

Did a few searches and probably because of age some of the pics I hoped to see of other vehicles are no longer visible.... regardless, from what I've seen if I want mustang wheels they should be from the 1994 to 2004 mustangs, correct? I'm looking to combine this with the 3" body lift. If...
  4. P

Adrenalin...i think i want one

I saw a black one on facebook. Looked really cool. Id like to get a black one with a v8...ive just started checking these out, dont seem to be a lot for sale but maybe im wrong. I currently have an 02 4x4 sport trac thats getting long in the tooth...
  5. P

Fuel filter 02 sport trac...dont laugh

But im about to lose my mind....i figured out what fuse to pull. So i pulled it. I should have left the truck running so it would die out but i didnt know any better. I tried to disconnect the filter using the oen cap method and that didnt work....so im off to get the right disconnect tools. But...
  6. P

5.0 swap?

Is this a thing now? I see in the useful threads the original 5.0 swap but has anyone else done one? I did a search but not much came up....maybe I'm terrible at searching though. I'm curious about this, I see the one guy used an older mountaineer from the 90's as a donor but what about...
  7. P

Soooooo regarding the 5.0 thread.....

I skimmed through the 5.0 sticky and it appears it was a 2wd truck....can this be done to a 4wd truck?
  8. P

Spotted! Jacked up Red Sport Trac near Columbus Ohio

I typically don't see many of us out there in the real world!
  9. P

Not looking forward to this....have to buy new tires, rebuild the front end

Im running 265 75 16s with a 1" TT, I've had Toyo Open Country AT's and Cooper Discoverer ATP's on my 02. My model has 4wd. I now need some new tires. All I care about really is wet weather traction and snow (my wife uses the truck more than I do). We don't go off-road. I know its a shame...
  10. P

Did my TT cause my sway bar link to fail?

Reading up on sway bar links but I haven't yet found if I contributed to the sway bar link in my truck breaking by having the TT done...Ill keep searching but it looks like I want to get new links...do they need to be longer then stock? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm not on this forum...
  11. P

Chassis Groan...Geez its gotten terrible

For the past few years my truck makes a terrible groaning noise, it seems to be coming from the rear. I see from searching others have had this on the front. I have new shocks and new tires by the way, and the noise only happens when I go around turns. It wasn't really that bad but it seems...
  12. P

why do I keep getting this annoying popup video showing up in middle of screen?

Im logged in obviously but I keep getting this video thingamagig that pops up...whats the deal?
  13. P

Uh oh...I smell antifreeze

My truck runs fine, the gauge shows the temperature is ok, the air blows cold yet when I get out of the truck I smell that sweet smell of antifreeze. Any suggestions?
  14. P

Shocks

Dude at Summit Racing is recommending KYB's to me Part numbers KYB-341302 and KYB-344269, I see most of you have bilesteins or the Rancho 5000's. What do you think of KYB? I saw from a search that one guy liked them on his Tahoe but Im curious if were talking about the same part numbers...
  15. P

Ok, Don't laugh....I'm scheduled to have my new tires put on Friday, so I'm wondering

Im having my mechanic do the Torsion Twist for me and while he's got the wheels off I'm thinking, while he's there, maybe I should have him put on new shocks??????? My truck's got 135,000 miles on it. I don't sense there is anything particularly wrong with the current shocks but from the...
  16. P

Torsion Twist...Might be a dumb question but Ill ask anyway

I crawed under my truck tonight so as to lube the two bolts that I will need to twist. I watched a couple youtube videos but when I got under there I noticed what I thought were the correct bolts, there were two L shaped brackets that looked to be in the right spot but these L-shaped brackets...
  17. P

Did a search...now my head is spinning...Need New Tires for my Sport Trac 4x4...

I got 74,000 miles out of my 265 75 16 4 ply Toyo Open Country AT's...now its time for some new tires..After searching "Sport Trac" in this forum, I found all these tires listed below in one post or another after only a couple pages of postsand its enough to make my head spin. Tire Rack's site...
  18. P

Dang it my sport trac died

Its been hard to start for about a year...we tried about everything and finally narrowed it down (I think) to the fuel pump. From searching I see others had this problem and still managed to keep the truck on the road, which is what I did but finally it just stopped idling today. I hope fuller...
  19. P

Concise help wanted: 2002 Sport-trac, tell me what I should get

What if I said I'm tired of reading a bunch of threads and still not sure what I need? Im posting to see what will happen I know there are a ton of threads and I've been reading everything from posts about john deere lights to lights for older explorers. I want better lights (both high...
  20. P

looking for truck topper

in the cincy ohio area for a 2002 sport trac...thanks
  21. P

Someone please tell me the new Ford F-150, twin turbo engine will fit in a sport trac

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2010/10/first-drive-2011-ford-f-150-ecoboost-v6/ Geez, wouldn't mind stuffing one of these in my truck! What a great engine.
  22. P

About 240 hp he says...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19m1hLkZOP4
  23. P

My sport track (02) is hard to start, any suggestions?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322267 Just replaced the plugs and fuel filter but no change, no idiot lights have come on.
  24. P

Sport trac vs. Edge

Oh no... I let the wife drive the sport trac while I drive my turbo volvo wagon. Lately shes starting to make noise about how much she hates the truck, how little room is inside and how much she likes the ford edge... Geez, I'm just trying to pay the damn thing off, I have no intention of...
Back