Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Factory Chrome 16" wheel question

Same thing happening to my `05 rims...
  2. B

2005 Limited chrome wheel peeling off

Well, still no solution for me. Guess when they peel bad enough, I`ll just go with after market new ones. Al
  3. B

Broke the darn window switch casing!!!

I called Ford today, I can get the part for $20...I am glad :D I thought for sure it would have cost a lot more. The wife can stop laughing at me now...
  4. B

Broke the darn window switch casing!!!

I installed new speakers in my rear doors last month. Yesterday decided to do the front ones. I did not know that there were tweeters in the front door speakers. Anyhow, took off the window switch casing, sure enough, broke a darn clamp. Now the switch box doesn`t hold in place anymore...
  5. B

installing aftermarket radio

It's not that hard to install on your own. I did it a month ago, but unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera so no pix...:( You need to take the center dash out, it's just clips so just take your time, it'll pop off. Then a few screws and the radio is out. Get the wiring harness like...
  6. B

2002-2005 (02-05) Explorer rear door panel removal for speaker access HOW-TO

Do you have a pictures of this little cutting operation? I have some great 6x9 in the garage not doing anything that I wouldn't mind putting in the Ex.
  7. B

2002-2005 (02-05) Explorer rear door panel removal for speaker access HOW-TO

Thanks for this post. I replaced the back door speakers tonight following these instructions. Only broke one clamp on the switch housing. You gotta slide it towards the front of the vehicle once you pop out the clamp. Otherwise, went smoothly. The housing still holds on fine, so it`s no big...
  8. B

2005 Limited chrome wheel peeling off

Hi All, The chrome on the wheels of my Limited seem to want to peel off. Not ch, but the whole "skin" of the wheel looks like it's coming off. I'm new to the forum, so if this was already discussed, my appologies. Anyone can help?
Back