Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Loud Knocking Noise

Also, I have a sound clip of what it sounds like but don't know how to upload it if anyone can help me with how to post it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. A

Loud Knocking Noise

I have had my 2003 Explorer for the past year and a few months and have had a knocking noise from time to time when I start the engine. It was very light at first and barely noticable until this winter when it got a bit louder. At that time it would go away fairly quickly tho (10-20 secs). Now...
  3. A

Loud Knocking Noise (Lifters?)

I have had my 2003 Explorer for the past year and a few months and have had a knocking noise from time to time when I start the engine. It was very light at first and barely noticable until this winter when it got a bit louder. At that time it would go away fairly quickly tho (10-20 secs)...
  4. A

Anti-Freeze Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Would that be something a mechanic could find fairly easily? No one has been able to find a leak thus far and I need to catch this asap before something more serious happens.
  5. A

Anti-Freeze Problem - PLEASE HELP!

A week ago I was driving and realized that my heat was not working and only blowing cold air out. So I checked my anti-freeze and noticed it was drastically low. This seemed weird since I had filled it within the past 3 months. I bought more anti-freeze and filled it completely with a full...
  6. A

Deep Dish Rims

I have a 2003 Explorer XLT and am looking into getting rims for it for when the weather gets nicer out. Anyone know where I can get deep dish rims and has anyone done this before? I am curious to see what they look like on an XLT and curious about pricing too. Any info you have would be...
  7. A

Pioneer AVH-P4000 IPod Videos Problem

I have the Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD player and have my Ipod hooked up to it through the Ipod Cable and none of my videos are showing up. I have the IPod Touch and have the most updated software and when I asked Pioneer they said that it should work. Any ideas on what is going on and why it isn't...
  8. A

What should I do next? '03 XLT

I am having trouble deciding what to do next to my Explorer and need some advice. What do you think? I have a '03 XLT 4.6 V8. I have put 5% tint on all the windows and have a 5% banner on the windshield, blackouts on my tail lights, a bug deflector, new grille, a Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD monitor...
  9. A

Dash Kit for Double Din Monitor.. Help!

I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD monitor into my 03 Explorer XLT. It is installed fine and fits great but I do not have a dash kit on it and no one makes one for a Double Din in an 03 Explorer. Any Recommendations or ideas on how to keep this thing stabilized in my dash? Please...
  10. A

Will Double Din fit in 2003 XLT?? HELP!

I just bought a PYLE 6.5" Double Din Touch Screen Monitor for my car this past weekend that will be delivered tomorrow. I read a few posts and saw that people had them in their car so I assumed they would fit. Now, I am seeing people say they don't fit without trimming and I asked someone at...
  11. A

HELP! Car is stalling out!

So what do u recommend I do? By IAC do you mean the Idle Valve? How can I clean the IAC?
  12. A

HELP! Car is stalling out!

I have had my 03 Explorer XLT for 8 months now. 4 months ago I began having problems with my car stalling. It began to happen maybe once a day or so for a few days and then progressed to occurring numerous times daily and eventually occurred everytime I drove. It would occur when I would begin...
  13. A

Where to hookup REM wire on Explorer?

where is the power antenna wire located? how can i find it?
  14. A

How to paint my 2002 Explorer plastic body trim?

I have seen a few tutorials on this for smaller parts but not for the main plastic body trim on the car doors at the bottom. Can someone lease show me what it looks like and how I can do this? My black trim seems to have turned gray from the sun over the years. Also, the plastic pieces I have...
  15. A

Where to hookup REM wire on Explorer?

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT and I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp that I am running to my sub. I have the REM wire connected to my Amplifier fuse (fuse #3) but it is draining my battery and I had to buy a new battery today because of my amplifier constantly being on and not turning off at...
Back