Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

CAUTION! AWD Front Drive Shaft Removal --Drifts in park.

Well, when you have it in park, your transmission is disengaged and isn't giving power to the drive wheels. So no matter how hard you press on the gas, the tranny will be spinning air.
  2. A

would it be possible

to replace the automatic transmission in any car with a continuously variable transmission? 25% faster to 60 mph sounds good to me.
  3. A

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

The other day I was driving to my town from the town just south from me, about 3 miles, and I reset the instant mpg calc and without me touching the gas (going about 40-45) i was getting about 28 mpg. Pretty decent with just a stock v8, if I do say so myself.
  4. A

AWD mounty to RWD

Thanks mountaineer, that's what I wanted to know: the actual facts instead of a bunch of kids saying "I wanna do this so let's do it". You'd think it'd be easier to find this type of info, but I guess not.
  5. A

AWD mounty to RWD

Yeah, I've heard that :/ But what if instead of just relying on "park" i push the parking brake in, too?
  6. A

AWD mounty to RWD

I've read a couple of threads concerning this, but no one ever really came up with a definitive answer to whether this is possible and safe for the car. One thing I've heard is that you just disconnect the u-joints up in front, but that sounds too simple. A how-to would be great. Thanks
  7. A

Upgrade parts ????

how are those iridiums working out for you? Was there a noticeable difference after you put them in?
Back