Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

For Sale 8.8 Drum Rearend and 4.56 Ring & Pinion Gears

are 4:56 for the front & rear? will they fit a 97 stock ex?
  2. S

Parting out 97 Eddie Bauer Explorer

do you have the factory CD player,front differential, A/C components (minus compressor) and rear window motors? Thanks
  3. S

1996 explorer parts

hi, do you have the hood shocks, stock cd player?? thank you
  4. S

Wanted..97 Explorer front diff..3:73

You are right about the seals, better to take care of it while it is out. How much for shipping to 90505? Thanks
  5. S

do you happen to have any pictures...what condition is it in....how are the seals and gears? thanks
  6. S

Hi, i'm looking for a front diff for my 1997 Explorer AWD control-trac. It is all stock with 3:73 gearing. Please let me know if you might have a front diff that you are willing to get rid of..or sell. Thanks SoCalJ
  7. S

The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets

sorry guys, if you have caught any of my recent threads, my front diff recently went bad. It is making a horrible and loud "whinning" noise...almost as if I had really aggressive Super Swamper tires. (I am running all-terrains) So I am probably not going to make it until I get my front diff...
  8. S

Sloped 2 in body lift with SOA and 33 pics

looks good!! Do you happen to recall what parts/how many you needed/what sizes....etc for the body lift..just in case if I choose to do the same? Thanks
  9. S

01 Sport parting out

2 or 4 wheel drive?
  10. S

i'm down too, if I can ever get my noisey front end fixed. :thumbsup:
  11. S

Front end noise--PLEASE HELP

Yeah, just what I was thinking...the front ring & pinion and bearing. How difficult is this repair job?
  12. S

Okay, so I crawled under the Explorer today and lifted the front end off the ground. I shook both wheels and the bearings seem okay...since there is no significan play when pushing or pulling on the wheel. What I did notice was a wet area on the drivers side front differential where the...
  13. S

growling and popping front diff

what type of noise does a bad front driveshaft make? Is the sound similar to having "Super Swamper" tires rolling on the road?...that off-road tire sound?
  14. S

Thank you for the help. I haven't had a chance to crawl under my Explorer yet, but plan to this weekend. The sound I keep hearing sounds like teeth on gears humming making a "wowowowowow" as the wheels turn. The only thing I did try so far..was to drive and shift it into neutral to see if...
  15. S

I have not lookied into my driveshaft yet. The floor beneath my feet while driving 50-65mph does vibrate a little and may be the driveshaft. I didn't know that a driveshaft had a CV joint....i'll have to take a look later. Any other suggestions would be helpful just to elimate the areas that...
  16. S

My 1997 Explorer control-trac 4x4 just this past Monday started to make an unusual noise. This noise only happens while moving and matches the speed I am driving. The only way I can describe the noise is....it sounds as if I have really agressive tires rolling on the road...like Super Swampers...
  17. S

99ex22 Is Crazy!

Russ, It has been a long time. The last time we wrote, you had the grey Explorer and I just saw a few pictures of your newer Red V8 explorer. Nice man!! So, of all of the lifts that you have experienced, which one do you recommend for a budget lift? I am constantly debating how to lift my...
  18. S

anyone up for Azusa Canyon this weekend??? (if the rain stops)
  19. S

Some first and second gen parts lying around.

hi do you still have the 2nd gen cd player?
  20. S

For Sale Parting out 97 Eddie Bauer 4x4

hi, do you have the keyless entry module? passanger side rear door window motor? hood shocks and rear hatch shocks?
  21. S

1996 explorer parts

how do you have the hood shocks and rear hatch shocks?
  22. S

Tow Hook Install

Nice job!! I am in the process of installing tow hooks myself. Was it difficult removing the front bumper? Did the stock bumper fit okay after installing the hooks?
  23. S

WTB: 2nd gen lift parts

I'm currently stock with 31's and looking for some parts. Shackles, shocks or any necessary parts for an easy money saving lift.
  24. S

Just wondering....is there a sticker for our vehicles of this site or club?
Back