Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

1998 Ford Explorer Xlt

Well i had my explorer taken to a mechanic and he changed one of the lifters and it is still knocking... He said i was gonna have to do a rebuild but couldnt tell me what my problem was.. Its weird b/c when i start it up it makes no noise but when it runs for a little bit it knocks pretty hard...
  2. D

1998 Ford Explorer Xlt

well i found another thread that sounded just like mine and he said his was idler pulley. I talked to a guy yesterday over the phone and he said it sounded like a lift or something was stuck. This morning its not doing it so I will wait and see Thanks for the replies
  3. D

loud engine knock, need help

Thanks russ
  4. D

loud engine knock, need help

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just today my 98 explorer just started knocking i hope mine is only a 50 dollar quick fix I am trying to diagnose the problem now Which one is the idler pulley?
  5. D

1998 Ford Explorer Xlt

Thanks for the welcome Well i really dont know whats causing the clicking noise! When i press the gas it speeds up with the sound of the motor racing. When in idol it knocks kinda loud
  6. D

1998 Ford Explorer Xlt

God i hope not i have replaced it before it was parked Where can i find that ?
  7. D

1998 Ford Explorer Xlt

Hello everyone I have a quick question! I have a 98 Ford Explorer and i just recently put it back on the road. Sadly its been sitting in the yard for the last two years getting started and running just sitting in the yard. It hasnt been drove probally 20 times in the last two years. Well i...
Back