Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Noob intro, sliding rear window retrofit?

I have an '07 and am doing this same project in mine. Unfortunately, the early '07's do not have the factory wiring, so plug-n-play is out the window. In looking at the wiring though, it is a simple setup and will not be hard to manually add. I have already bought another overhead piece for...
  2. C

New guy showing off

Wow. -12 is more than I expected. Looks good though! I don't know if I will go that wide or use a 295 - probably a 275 for me. Mine is the same thing - just a street and daily driver. I think the only time I have used the 4wd on it was backing into the backyard to get the trailer after...
  3. C

Electric Trailer Brakes.

I've never had a problem with the wiring itself and don't think that is it. I would check the pins in the plug itself. Mine would push back and firth creating a weak connection. Ended up having to pull the factory plug and put a new one in it's place. I could not push the trailer plug in...
  4. C

New guy showing off

Nice ST. I like the height the Truxxx kit adds. Mind telling me what offset/backspace you went with on the Fuel wheels? I was actually at 4WheelParts a couple of weekends ago looking at a set of Kranks they had on sale, but wasn't sure what offset I needed to go with to get the right spacing.
  5. C

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

I don't remember where I got these or who originally made them (so I can't give credit where credit is due), but I kept them on my site just in case someone needed them. They are PSD files, so you can alter as needed: http://www.cobraxp.com/files.htm Its the two center files.
  6. C

2008 sport trac seat belt chim

Deactivating/activating the Belt-Minder feature The driver and front passenger Belt-Minder are deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this will terminate the process. Read Steps 1 - 4 thoroughly before...
  7. C

Sub Box in 07 sport tract???

I was going to glass the storage compartment this weekend, but the weather has turned cold again. Anyway, you might want to check the Kenwood KFC-XW1000F 10" sub also. It is a shallow mount sub. I bought one for my '07 after hearing one in a friend's single cab Ranger. Might be an option...
  8. C

Early 07 mods

I've got a Zabteck throttle body and Magnaflow kit so far. I've got the tunes from BamaChips for my ST, but my XCal2 messed up, so I have to have it reprogrammed before I can put the tunes in it for the ST. I don't see much else out there unless you want to start getting into the Mustang...
  9. C

truck bed cover options

Quality is great. I haven't had the first problem with mine. Easy to clean, sturdy, and fitment is on. I've never had to trim anything to get one on. I actually took a 10mm with me when I picked the cover up and put it on in the parking lot of the store (left the box and shipping packaging...
  10. C

truck bed cover options

Yes, the cover is removeable. I can take it off and put it on my myself. You release two screw knobs on the front and disconnect the rear lifts. Yes, they are the in-channel WeatherTech's. No tape or anything. They fit snug and do a pretty good job...
  11. C

truck bed cover options

I believe they run somewhere around $600-$650 depending on the shop. I got mine a little cheaper from a friend at a local shop. :D
  12. C

truck bed cover options

I had the OEM cover when I bought my '07, but sold it and got an Undercover for it. I've had an Undercover on my Rangers in the past and love them. They are a full length cover with locks and a light. They are also strong enough to stand on and also come down over the edges and tailgate -...
  13. C

got my saleen style wing.

Don, If you wish, I can stop by the place that made the mold of my fascia and see what he says if you are truely interested. Just let me know.
  14. C

http://www.cobraxp.com/wingmaking.htm I never did make exact, precise instructions - just these that are more like cliff notes. It's not hard and can be done in under a day if you know what you are doing with fiberglass, filler, etc.
  15. C

I used a die grinder and cutting wheel to cut it into two sections, then a band saw to cut the needed length off of each section. You can use just about anything with fine teeth though.
  16. C

Rear Wing

Making one out of the Kia Sedona wing isn't too hard. Roughly $175 in materials before paint. Then about half a day to a day's work in making it...
  17. C

General ???'s on my new 07 Ranger 4x4

Well, I finally got the 2007 Ranger I ordered. 4.0, 5 speed, 4x4, 3.73 LS, 4 door, leather. It replaced my 98 Ranger 2wd. I have to say, I think this is going to be a great little truck and daily driver. Its my first 4x4, so I have a lot to read up on. I am not looking to go crazy on the...
  18. C

I've run out of spare time to make them. Too much travel for work and not enough spare time to make them anymore. I bought 6 of them and sold the last two this weekend. Its not that hard to modify, I just don't have the time for all the projects I've got going, so something had to give. I'll...
  19. C

excited about ebay "win"

Damn Drew... I've been gone for a little while and haven't seen the hood, doors, etc. Everything looks good... :thumbsup: You should enjoy the seats. I can't decide if I want buckets in the back or just buy some new Katskins and be done with it.
  20. C

Fabbing rear Spoiler

I haven't removed the black cover yet. It is still there. I have been looking at that though. What I am looking at doing is take some sheet metal and bend to match the area - then tack it to the body and finish/paint. I won't be carrying a spare anymore, so I don't need the access to the...
  21. C

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

I don't know if these are the files everyone is looking for, but I had these saved from a couple of years ago. Hope they help... http://www.cobraxp.com/Files/gauge.psd http://www.cobraxp.com/Files/gauge2.psd Right click and save as....
  22. C

The X is home - but the bad luck continues

Thanks guys! I should be in town more this summer Matt to make it to a few meets. From what understand about the kid, this wasn't the first time he did something stupid. That and he just jumped in the Ranger, threw it in reverse, and hit the gas. Never saw a thing. Between doing something...
  23. C

The X is home - but the bad luck continues

Well, the X is home, but still not 100% completed. I was supposed to pick up the X last Thursday when I got home from a trip. When I got there to get it, I found my bad luck was still upon me... They finished my X on Wednesday. 3 hours later - a kid was backing a Rnager out of the shop and...
  24. C

Fabbing rear Spoiler

The wing and truck are finally painted and put back together (well - sort of). The X is still at the shop because we are redoing the rear splash panels, but here are pics of the wing on the X: Here is the rest of the X. I've got a few details to work on when it gets back -...
  25. C

bluetooth phones

Depends on which phone you have. I use the bluetooth headset with my i836, but have to use the blutooth adapter with it. From what I have heard, the only phones that are internally blutooth enabled are the new blackberry and the i870. Everything else has to have the adapter plugged into the...
Back