Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

NO heat and temp gauge not moving

ok so I finally had the time to pull the codes. KOEO 157 186 332 KOER 111 I replaced the DPFE a ~2 months ago because of a 332 code and it went away so I know how to do that one.... but the other two I'm not so sure. I am going to clean the MAF tomorrow and see if that does anything. Do...
  2. S

ok when I get off work I will check the codes and see what happens
  3. S

yeah it is quite nice having heat again! Now I just need to figure out why after fixing this my truck wont go into overdrive and what my sporadic CEL is all about. Do first gens store trouble codes or do they only show while the condition is happening? On my 10 minute drive to work the CEL would...
  4. S

Thermostat change 94 Explorer

yeah mine has hard lines too just at the bottom of the V there is a little 3 inch hanger that holds them in place so they dont move
  5. S

ok so it was the thermostat so it is all working fine now!
  6. S

I unbolted the a/c bracket and pulled it up outta the way...the 2 & 6 o'clock ones I used a short socket and a 4 inch ext the 11 o'clock one I used a ratcheting wrench. It was a pain but I got it done
  7. S

Ok thats what I thought. I'm going to replace the t-stat now and possibly the temp sending units as well I will let you know how it goes!
  8. S

Ok so I have been looking around on here for a while with not much luck finding what I need. My 94 Ex suddenly has not much heat blowing out. The air does come out where its suppose to (defrost, vent, floor) but its lukewarm at best. Now the temp gauge has never really worked, the highest I've...
  9. S

I wish i was as lucky! I was just trying to do mine and I cant seem to get a socket on the 2 and 11 o'clock ones. I tried a deep well, a 3 in ext. normal short socket and every combo possible.. I helped a friend do it on his 93 and it went pretty smoothly then. It seems as though the a/c line...
  10. S

Vacuum line question

ok well it seems that I need to go through every part of my truck and see what else has been just slapped together!! I hooked up the coolant line to where it goes by the Rad cap and hooked the vacuum line up on the front spot on the charcoal canister where it should be.....and so far so...
  11. S

Vacuum line question

I thought that didnt make sense! but I dont see anywhere near the rad cap to put that line...Im gonna go double check it right now back in 5 to report.....
  12. S

Vacuum line question

ok the front side of my canister goes to the antifreeze tank and the back side goes straight down and towards the rear of the truck...is that right?
  13. S

Vacuum line question

I was thinking thats where it needed to go but can't find anywhere that it is supposed to go...I will take some more pics when I get off work ~4pm...Thanks for your help guys!
  14. S

Vacuum line question

Can anyone tell me where this vacuum line is supposed to go? It comes out from under the throttle body and goes straight out towards the drivers side. It has a 90 degree down turn on it and then it ends right behind the black tank that sits behind the washer fluid/antifreeze reservoirs. It is a...
  15. S

transmission does not engage when cold

Mine did the exact same thing! I would check the fluid and it would be a little low so I would add some and it would help alot and sometimes even make it go away for a while but a week or two later it would start doing it again.... I replaced the Vacuum Modulator on the tranny and haven't had a...
  16. S

strange problem - feels like E-brake is on in reverse only

Mine did the same thing the other day when I was testing out my 4x4 before winter. When I was backing up to unlock the hubs it felt like the E-brake was on. after the hubs unlocked it was fine..I don't think that this really helps but maybe it will give someone an idea of something to check.
  17. S

Carbed 302 into 94?

if you do this PLEASE take a lot of pics of putting the new motor in. I'm thinking about doing this swap (carb'd 302) and I'm not too mechanically inclined. But if its pretty straight forward I might give it a try to get rid of the horrible a4ld.......what part of ohio are you in?
  18. S

tranmission issue

yeap mine is having this issue as well mostly when its been sitting for a few hours. Once it warms up it stops doing it. I changed the filter and that helped for a little while but didn't cure it.
  19. S

How to change the color of the gauge cluster.

On my last car I used a fork to get the needles off the gauges it worked really well to pop them right off
  20. S

Replace a Radius Arm Bushing

**** must be nice to do it in 5 hours when I did mine in Sept/oct it took me about 11 and thats having the rivets allready cut by the previous owner lol
  21. S

Gas mileage.

I just got back from driving 800 miles and noticed that on the highway i got 19.4mpg still getting about 13 in the city though
  22. S

Replacing Thermostat

so did it fix it? My gauge has always been bottomed out and the heat will work for a little while then just blow lukewarm....
  23. S

Smoked Tail Light Tint

here.....http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2062929&postcount=15
  24. S

Goodyear Wrangler Radials

I have the Wrangler RT/s on my X and they seem to not like snow and ice at all... Once I get going they are fine but taking off and stopping in snow is a challenge
  25. S

Very wierd prob; truck won't start now, HELP!

have you tried to restart it with the remote start? It happened to me once on a 00 f250 and the only way it would restart was with the keyfob after the theft deterrent was activated to reset it
Back